+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Rising Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis
    Actually it has muslim leaders too... . Like I said I have not done the historic stuff for the new countries. Israel has been copied from a muslim country and needs to be jewished.
    It also needs to be latin tech.

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by seboden
    He is correct, see point 8 of the user agreement:

So you will either have to remove it from your mod or move to another forum (with no linking from here allowed.)
    I would say it's not worth it to keep it.
    Ok, I haven't read that point. In that case the flag will be changed. Although I think that this rule is a bit too hard - the flag has no propaganda effect. But ok. Rules are rules.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Wil you be modding in events for the EU,Nato etc.
    Tabhair onóir dod dhúchas
    Honour your heritage

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II
    It also needs to be latin tech.
    I know, I know... . Give me some time. I am actually working on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by czam2007
    Wil you be modding in events for the EU,Nato etc.
    This is something that should be included but is one of the latest things on my list.

Europa Universalis IV

Here is the censored Nazi-flag. That should not violate the forum rules:

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

another idea use the black/white/red flag ( don`t like the censored)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sounds neat, just be sure to give us Norwegians our oil

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You could use the war flag, with the swastika at the intersection of a cross. Since it is somewhat smaller in that flag than in the state flag, replacing it with a "benign" symbol like the iron cross would be less overtly ahistorical.

EDIT: It's the 1938-45 War ensign shown here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskriegsflagge
    Last edited by Fryslan0109; 04-08-2008 at 19:52.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Fryslan0109
    You could use the war flag, with the swastika at the intersection of a cross. Since it is somewhat smaller in that flag than in the state flag, replacing it with a benign symbol like the iron cross would be less overtly ahistorical.
    EDIT: It's the 1938-45 War ensign shown here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskriegsflagge
    Maybe I'll do that. But it's a question of taste. (In the end a gamer can create the flag like he want for himself.)

Looks like a great mod, can't wait to play it.

This is what I don't understand. That "censored" or war symbol is okay to be used pretty much anywhere, but when the swastika is used, OH DEAR!

They both stand for the same group of evil people, why isn't the "censored" version banned as well? Personally, I don't understand why. It is just ridiculous and is the most extreme form of censorship.
    The Holy Crusade of Pope Nicolaus V - A Crusade States AAR (- Discontinued due reloading of OS)

Inquisitor of the Matrix ManBear's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

By the way, Jewished isn't a word, try Jewify. You should really team up with the whole world mod.

Many people, not just Jews, are very sensitive about the Nazi flag. It would be best just to use older or more modern flags of Germany rather than try to allude to the Nazi flag because of cencorship.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ManBear
    By the way, Jewished isn't a word, try Jewify. You should really team up with the whole world mod.
    Sorry, English is not my mother tongue, but I do my best.

I'll see if I make a connection to the WW mod and it's modders. Of course it would be great to be able to conquer the whole world and not just parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBear
    Many people, not just Jews, are very sensitive about the Nazi flag. It would be best just to use older or more modern flags of Germany rather than try to allude to the Nazi flag because of cencorship.
    Older or more modern flags of Germany have no political connection to the Nazis and I will not create such one. I think I really use the war flag of the 2ndWW with an Iron Cross instead of the Swastika. That should be the best compromise.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

pretty stupid rule if you ask me.

This is a historical mod and as such should have the historic flag, with a swastika. Not to mention events at some point that reflect the inner workings of the nazi war machine ie: slave labor.

This rule is in effect because germany is afraid of there history and would rather whitewash it (ie: banning the swastika). Luckily the game is easy to mod and i will just mod in the nazi flag as to not offend....

politically correct culture really bothers me.

Heres a real quesiton what if a Buddhist country uses the backward swastika flag? Is that banned?
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by extox

This is a historical mod and as such should have the historic flag, with a swastika.
    Quote Originally Posted by point 8 of the user agreement
    Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.
    As you said - you can always mod the swastika in yourself.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

This is a historical mod and as such should have the historic flag, with a swastika. Not to mention events at some point that reflect the inner workings of the nazi war machine ie: slave labor.

This rule is in effect because germany is afraid of there history and would rather whitewash it (ie: banning the swastika). Luckily the game is easy to mod and i will just mod in the nazi flag as to not offend....

Heres a real quesiton what if a Buddhist country uses the backward swastika flag? Is that banned?
    Well not every german is like that but our goverment argh. Iam with you its a historical game and so it should be inside. I am not a Nazi and have nothing against jewish people.

And Convictolitavis you can use my mods history files i think it is more historical in saxony

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1l89
    And Convictolitavis you can use my mods history files i think it is more historical in saxony
    I'll do that, thanks.

Dude have a question isn`t is be better to create vichy-france in world war two and GAVE NORTH FRANCE TO GERMANY

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1l89
    Dude have a question isn`t is be better to create vichy-france in world war two and GAVE NORTH FRANCE TO GERMANY
    I recognised that already. I'll include that when I create the war. It makes no sense to play the time of war, without any country being in a war.

Complaining against the rule is against the forums' rules too. Besides, their forum, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis
    I recognised that already. I'll include that when I create the war. It makes no sense to play the time of war, without any country being in a war.
    Thats is a good argument.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast