Well, since Nomble's "A Grand Evolution" hasn't really gotten off the ground, I'm starting this thread in the hopes another mega-campaign can be organized and started in the near future. Hopefully you TWBWers won't mind too much the competition.
My plan is to get this up and running by the end of August, starting with DV, then going EU2 (or vanilla EU3), then Ricky, and finally DD or ARM, sessions preferably on the weekend. Since I'm a total noob when it comes to CK MP, however, I'd appreciate some points as to the initial setups and such.
If anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be interested (I'm looking at you, TWBWers ), feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
Let's hope this works...
Currently, the planned game time is Fridays from 10:00 PM (22:00) to 2:00 AM, Central Standard Time. First session will be the 22nd.
First session save can be downloaded here: http://h1.ripway.com/TCPilo/MP.zip
Save files and correct mod files can be found here: http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1041
Rehost save here: http://h1.ripway.com/TCPilo/MP.zip
3rd Session Save here: http://h1.ripway.com/TCPilo/Session 3.zip
We are currently planning to use the following mods:
DVIP Addon Mod (More Kingdoms Mod): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=330644
DV break free mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=326287
Current players and nations are as such:
TC Pilot - Duchy of Holland
Brian Boruma - Duchy of Apulia
Kuipy - Duchy of Normandy
Grashopa - Prince of Novogord
Blackmist - Duchy of Provence
Eird - ???
lordofzwergs - Duchy of Carinthia
I've also decided we will be converting to Europa Universalis II at the end of the Deus Vult session. Please plan accordingly.
- If you offer a peace with vassalisation to a human player, say so in chat, otherwise he will not be aware that the peace includes vassalisation.
- Do not tab while we are in the loading screen. It causes no end of problems. If you really need to mess around with some other program, do it the day before.
- Be on time. We will start at the designated time (Friday 22:00 CST). If you are late or do not inform us ahead of time that you can't show up, you'll have to live with the AI running things for that session.
-I will be the GM for this game, though current tests have shown it is not ideal (or possible) that I host. If someone is capable of hosting reliably and dependably, they may do so and will be a subordinate GM.
-There are no limit to the number of DoWs on Christians.
-In order to prevent Muslims and pagans from being just speedbumps (and thus give fringe players undue advantage), only 2 free DoWs are allowed per ruler lifetime, and 3 if the ruler has Crusader trait.
-Players may only take a maximum of 3 provinces in a peace deal (not to be confused with per DoW, so you can take 3 provinces from a vassal, then 3 provinces from his ruler).
--The DoW limit ony applies to aggressor wars. DoWing in defense of vassals or upholding alliances will not count toward the limit.
-You may accept offers of vassalisation from the AI only if one of the following is true:
--The AI is within a King or Duke title that you own (you are its natural overlord.)
--The AI is a Duke, and its natural overlord is a King title which borders on a King title you possess.
--The AI is a Count, and its natural overlord is a Duke title which borders on a Duke title you, or your vassal, possesses; or it is within the same Kingdom as your main title.
-Players are assumed to be smarter than the AI, so if a player offers to be your vassal you may always accept.
-You can offer vassalisation anywhere you like.
- no more then one assasination attempt every 5 years may take place against a ruler
- if a ruler is sucessfully assasinated, his sucessor shall be protected of further assasinations for a period of 5 years (to prevent gamey behaviour of continual assasinations to kill someone's country)
- if a ruler is assasinated, his country cannot be attacked for the next 5 years (assasinations have a severe impact upon vassals - 50 loyalty drop to be exact, which will not allow you to muster any troops for good deal of time)
- only 3 sucessors (heirs) might be assasinated per ruler lifetime (the ruler being the one of the realm that will be the target of the assasins)
- a ruler cannot be assasinated during wartime, if he is fighting fellow players or some extremely huge AI: ie, seljuks (again, with the morale hit vassals suffer, this is considered totaly lame since it will mean an extremely easy war for the ones fighting against the player)
- rulers which are still infants (kids) might not be assasinated
-Don't be gamey or use cheap exploits. If you can't wait and feel the need to expand your country through some cheap manipulation of the AI or game mechanics, you shouldn't have joined a game lasting 900 years.
-If at least two players show, one of whom has a computer capable of hosting, there will be a session that week. This is to ensure steady progress.
-If a human player force-vassalises you, you are obliged to remain his vassal at least for the lifetime of your current ruler.
-If you are at war with nation X, and that nation has no unoccupied provinces left, you may not force-peace (except for WP) unless you occupy at least one province of nation X. Further, in the peace, you may not ask for a province occupied by someone else, unless you have that player's permission. Example: Norway consists of Viken and Akershus. It is at war with Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. Sweden occupies Viken; Denmark occupies Akershus. Therefore, any peace offered to Norway will be auto-accepted. Germany may not use this situation to force any peace other than a WP. Denmark may not ask for Viken without Sweden's permission. This applies even if the occupying powers are AI.
-In-game province swapping is allowed. Unless agreed upon in a formalized (posted on a game-related thread) treaty, do so at your own risk.
These are not set in stone, and could be changed upon discussion. So discuss!
-Next session will be Friday, August 29, from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM Central Standard Time
-We will be using a direct IP connection to host the game. The IP address to be used will be provided just before the start of the session.
-Given the first session's disasterous start, we will be restarting from the save file provided above.