• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I shall work a bit of thread necromancy on "Aarquitania" to bring you the latest news and happenings from my workbench. After long weeks of suffering, my laptop and its frazzled graphics has at last been repaired by the factory and I can set to work once more!

I present to you my idea for the next Count Lake AAR, ripped from the headlines...

A batch of modern day Somalian pirates are thrust back in time to the year 1066 when their fishing vessel is swallowed by a time-space vortex. Safely making port in Iceland and establishing their superiority over the locals, they set off on a quest to control the most important naval junctions of medieval Europe and extort/ plunder their way to wealth. The English Channel, Gibraltar, the Straights of Marmara, those Danish islands that Copenhagen is near, all will fall before the power of the pirates! The tentative title of this project will be "AARgghhhh! Somali Pirates in CK!"

This will be a themed game with set objectives and a bit of modding. I will first have to design and mod in the Somali crew itself, set up a Somali culture for them and, once I capture key provinces, up their respective incomes to represent piratical activity. You can expect the first updates this weekend!

I really hope that you realize that I am kidding with the idea I set out above. I try to be creative but I can't go overboard! Seriously, I have to install/patch up CKDV on the new comp and then we can start! I should have a solid plan for the airing this weekend. And it will be a comedy. But not with Somali pirates...

Lastly, to my unending shame, I have neglected to thank each and every one of my readers for the enormous honor that is winning two ACA's with Aarquitania! It has been a hectic period and I completely forgot to check the thread after the results were posted. This belated thanks does not come close to expressing the feelings of happiness and joy that engaging this crowd in Aarquitania has given me over the previous months. Thank you all!

I knew that you were kidding, Somali pirates is just too crazy. Now, zombie Somali pirates on the other hand!

The new King-
ScreenSave18.jpg

Morcar Godwineson has accomplished what few felt was possible and has reestablished a Saxon ruler of England. After inheriting his title in Somerset, Morcar was among the first to turn on descendant of William the Conqueror. Only time will tell what is in store for the Godwineson's, rulers of England.

Fuck yeah!

Well, thanks to Tyler and Nameless for bumping this thread over the past few months. I myself have looked through it once more to remember the good old times. Truth be told, it has gotten me in the mood to write again.

Well, thanks to Tyler and Nameless for bumping this thread over the past few months. I myself have looked through it once more to remember the good old times. Truth be told, it has gotten me in the mood to write again.

Excellent! I wasn't willing to revive the thread, but now that it's up here on the first page, let me say that I loved it; I've read it three times, in fact!

Looking forward to your next AAR!

Thank you very much for your support Tuesday, I am very happy that my aar brought you some measure of joy.

Okay people, the wonderful news of CK 2 on the horizon has reinspired me to write given that I will have a good deal of time this summer to work on such projects. Surprisingly enough, I have decided to try once again for an Aquitania based game using the Duchy of Toulouse.

Now I can understand some people not liking the choice but I have spent many hours working through campaigns to see if anything else sparked my interest. The truth is that my mind always returned to Aquitainia and the de Toulouses. I have always felt that this sort of game had great potential and I really want to see it taken to the end! I already have a game started and if all goes well I will have a start to the AAR itself tomorrow!

Check here in the CK AAR section for more info later on!