• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
World Update 1117- Italy

Zavie caught Rosa’s eye as soon as she was finished. His own face was a study of pride and he mouthed the words “well done” to her while the other bodies in the room went about their own conversations in light of the last report. She felt comfort knowing that her husband was happy with her deliverance thus far, she was nearly done.

“The following report deals with the lower reaches of Italy and more of the North African coast.”

CopyofItalyupdate1117.png

“The Kingdom of Sicily stands as the major power of the Italian south. It encompasses that entire region along with two provinces of Sicily, which it shares with Venetian, Papal and even Muslim enclaves. For the most part, it is a stable Kingdom with power to extend its rule should it choose the right opponent and time. North Africa or Greece seem to be the most logical choices for such a move.”

ScreenSave14.jpg

“The Norman de Hautville’s maintain their rule over the natives of the region through their mastery of warfare and Aldus de Hautville is the latest in a line of successful Norman lords that hold power over the Sicilian domain. The son of Bohemond de Hautville, he came to the throne after his father was legitimized by the great conqueror Robert Guiscard. It will be interesting to see if Aldus is able to live up to his ancestors deeds and lead Sicily to power in the central Mediterranean.”

“The Duchy of Sardinia and Republic of Genoa, as has already been mentioned, are powers in this region. Each maintains powerful fleets to extend their rule over the sea’s basin.”

“The most holy Bishop of Rome stands out as a power in the center of Italy. He has ordered the troops under his command to seize the Sicilian province of Trapani in order to protect the minority population of Catholics there and hopefully convert the heathens of that land. On a side note, the Pope claims rulership of a territory known as Iceland, far to the frozen north.”

“Also of significance is the expansion of the Muslim Emirate of Beni Helal into the Balkan lands formerly ruled by the Kingdom of Croatia. The infidels now hold a sizeable part of that region and have driven the Croatians to near extinction. The other Christian powers in the region have yet to react, but one hopes that they might soon drive them back to the sea whence they came.”

Last edited:
World Update 1117- Scandinavia

Rosa finished with a drawn out sigh, the tenseness of her shoulders barely easing as she prepared to continue. Only a few more regions left to report on. Her tireless work in the days and weeks before the meeting, collating, codifying and developing the statements were finally paying off.

“Continuing, we shall next investigate the Scandinavian lands.”

ScandinaviaUpdate1117.png

“Sweden has become the major power of the region, its borders swelling with the annexation of lands from the Baltic pagans. They now control the majority of Finland and several provinces along the coastline of Lithuania. They are internally stable and look to continue their successful advance at the expense of the disunited pagans that stand in their way.”

ScreenSave18.jpg

“King Sven of Sweden has overseen his countries expansion well. Leading his armies to crush the pagan resistance around Finland and the Baltic coast, Sven has also kept dissent at home to a minimum. He carefully invests his nobles with land gathered from the campaigns and he is very popular within the realm. His son is already a duke and is gaining invaluable experience in ruling for when the King himself succumbs to age or accident.”

“Denmark is a modest Kingdom with holdings along the southern coast of the Baltic Sea, the product of wars against the pagans there. They border Germany to the south and do their best not to raise that nation’s ire, which they would be powerless to resist. They recently broke their alliance treaty with Norway, leaving both unequal to the task of confronting Sweden.”

ScreenSave17.jpg

“Oluf Knytling is a modest monarch for a modest realm. It was his assumption to the throne a year ago that led to the break in Denmark/Norway relations. Our agents have reported that the royal family is populated with a disproportionate number of odd and crass individuals. Indeed, several times we have received notes urgently requesting to be reassigned to other projects. Otherwise, there is not much to recommend him to further investigation.”

“Norway is the other moderate Kingdom left the poorer for the loss of alliance with Denmark. They have limited expansionary goals and have so far only managed to nip away a few small fiefs in the north of Sweden’s conquest of Finland. They will likely stay a medium power unless they get extraordinarily lucky with a strike at Sweden or elseware.

ScreenSave19.jpg

“Eigil Yngling is a young king fresh from working through a regency council in the years before his assumption of the full title. He helms a land with limited ability to expand and no strong allies nearby and he will need to be cunning to work out a way to maintain his territorial integrity should any of the more powerful lands in the region decide to attack.”

“Poland, which you can see represented here, will be discussed in the next portion of the report.”

Last edited:
Whew, two more updates to put up, Eastern Europe and the Near East. Then a look at Aquitania's economy.

Guiscard- Indeed, Europe is an odd place to look at after any CK game. I hope that this series of updates entertains everyone and gives them a better idea of the situation the world is in.

Those nice one province minor sheikdoms are calling me to attack them and they will certainly soon feel the crushing weight of Aquitanian might!

Thanks very much for commenting and reading, hope you continue to enjoy!

I should also mention that my earlier comments about marrying Zavie's daughter Azalais to "the King of Sweden" was a mistake. I meant to say King of Norway, who came of age at nearly the same time as her. Sorry for the confusion if you were looking at these shots.

More updates tommorow!

Last edited:
Enewald-I will get to them tommorow along with the Eastern Europe situation. It surprised me too when I saw that the Pope had Iceland, it might be possible that one of the Popes was that Bishop and that the Pope's following him also hold dominion there?

Maybe it will give him a nice place to retreat to should the infidel ever get to Roma! That or a nice vacation spot right?

Thank you for commenting and stopping by!

The_Guiscard said:
Strike into Rosello and Zaragossa, I say! Conquer as far sout as the Ebro river and beyond it, encircling Barcelona. Then you will be aptly placed to strike at Toledo and Badajoz.

looking forward the rest of the world update. I always love to see what a mess the AI makes of Europe. :rofl:

I agree. It appears that there are 6 single-province minors there to your immediate south.

Regards,
Eikinskjaldi

World Update 1117- Eastern Europe and Balkans

The bustle of the council room resumed once again after Rosa finished her presentation. Most were merely curious at the information presented them, taking turns at examining the maps closely. They knew little enough about the goings on in courts a thousand miles away but it was always interesting to see distant lands mapped out clearly. It set the mind wondering. She continued after a short pause and a in her direction from the King.

“The lands of Poland and Hungary will be the next subjects for our investigation.”

EasternEuropeUpdate1117.png

“Poland is a generally strong realm that has experienced a good deal of rebellion and discontent recently. Several minor counties and duchies have broken with the throne and now lead independent existences within its shadow. Still, none of these is likely to threaten the overall health of the nation as a whole. It has seen great expansion at the hands of its King’s and the country will likely continue to be successful against the pagans of the region.”

“Another item to note is the presence of what the Polish call the Southern March, a line of counties recently occupied from the pagans of that area. You can make it out clearly on the map.”

ScreenSave20.jpg

“King Bien Piast is a noted warrior and strategist despite his young years and has every intention of continuing his kingdom’s eastward expansion. None of the pagan states there pose a united threat to the power of Poland and the only limits to his gains are likely to be the man’s own aspirations. He has continued his predecessor’s alliance with Hungary to the south.”

“Hungary itself has not expanded at the rate of its ally Poland. Indeed, very little has changed within the realm over the past ten years. The same King rules, the same vassals stand by his side the same pagans border their land. The most striking threat facing them now is the untoward development in the Balkans of a Muslim power, that of Beni Helal. We must pray that this advance into their sphere of influence will goad the Kingdom to action.”

ScreenSave21.jpg

“Kalman Arpady has ruled Hungary with a leisurely attitude for the past twenty years. By all of our accounts, he is a generally decent monarch ruling with wisdom and restraint. The recent death of his heir in a hunting accident seems to have put him in an extended melancholy and he is now often given to dark moods.”

“Nestled between Poland and Germany is the small Kingdom of Bohemia. A breakaway vassal of the German throne, Bohemia has struggled to maintain its territory in the face of reprisals from its former liege and rebellious vassals of its own. There does not seem to be much of a future for the land unless a calamitous event was to strike its neighbors.”

“Lastly, on this map you may see the northern border of the Byzantine Empire. Over the last years they have been plagued by rebellions and uprisings among these lands. A stable military apparatus and skilled Emperor ensured that most were brought back into the fold.”

Last edited:
World Update 1117- Byzantium and Near East

Finally, she had come to the last report she needed to deliver. The men and women around here were getting restless but they would still be in for awhile longer. Luckily, this kind of extended state of the realm council was a rare enough occurrence and her part in the meeting would be over soon. She launched into her final speech for the day.

“And now, this is what our informants can piece together from the Levant”

NearEastUpdate1117.png

“Byzantium is the main power on the Anatolian peninsula, staying remarkably intact despite being on the front line of battle with the powerful Mohammedan sultans for over fifty years. It is the master of the priceless city of Constantinople and has grown rich from the trade that funnels through its borders. Still, there are grave threats facing the country and it will take a leader of exceptional brilliance to fully reverse the losses the Empire has endured”

ScreenSave22.jpg

“Alexios Argyros could well be that man. His startling ability for combat has made him a force to be reckoned with on any battlefield and the northern rebellions that tore at the integrity of his realm upon his assumption were quickly and firmly put down. It remains to be seen if he can translate this success to any campaign he launches against the vile Turk.”

“The Turks and their allies have nearly regained the position of supremacy that they were ousted from during the First Crusade. They have steadily worn away at the Crusader states formed in that campaigns aftermath using their advantage of easier transport and supply but several German armies still fight in the southern reaches of Anatolia to liberate their former counties.”

“The Emirate of Mosul is supposed to be a rising force in the lands beyond the coast. Indeed, they might even challenge the Turk in a struggle to the death, all the more useful to the Christian powers of the region.”

“To the south, the dual powers of Egypt and Medina stake their own territory. Egypt has had a conflict with Byzantium recently and now finds itself the owner of ancient Athens. The holiest of cities, Jerusalem, also lies within their fiendish grasp, yet they have been most accepting to pilgrims and the Christian inhabitants of the city thus far in their rule.”

“Our own position in the region, the city of Antioch and its surroundings, has yet to come under direct threat from any of these powers. The possibility is there, however, that we might soon be forced to embark on a mission to protect the land from any of those who might wish to occupy it.”

With that she was done, weeks of preparation derived into a few minutes of speech before the council. She turned from the buzz of conversation that grew up every time she had paused before and went to talk with her husband. He still looked careworn from his recent worries over Dolca’s death and the general running of the realm that needed to be done even in times of grief, truly a trying task for any man. She hoped that the council and its comprehensive look at Aquitania’s situation would put some of his worries to rest.

Last edited:
Eikinskjaldi- Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Those one province minors do look pretty easy to take don't they? eliminating them will certainly be one of my first actions when time permits. No problems will likely come on the action, but I do need to let my badboy settle a little, the vassals are getting restless with my quick expansion.

Again, thanks for stopping by and commenting. The economic update next is attributed to you, so enjoy!

World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economy Overview

Alix de Baux, chief steward of the Kingdom of Aquitania, stood and made her way to the center of the room recently vacated by the King’s wife. The last weeks of her life were a blur in her mind, a flurry of bringing in data, extracting the important bits and formulating useful reports to present to the council.

ScreenSave23.jpg

Every person with any say in the governance of Bordeaux and the greater Kingdom itself was assembled in this room and her testimony would greatly influence state action for the coming years. Even with the beginnings of a cold sweat developing on the back of her neck, she knew she could not shirk from the duty now.

“Honored King and great magnates of Aquitania, I shall now present the results of a comprehensive census and investigation of our land’s economic situation. For simplicities sake, I have produced this map showing Aquitania divided into the economic districts we shall explore in detail.”

AquitaniaEconomics1117.png

Last edited:
World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economics part 1

“Let us start with the zone furthest to the south, encompassing many of our Castilian and Navarrian possessions.”

Burgossectioneconomics.png

“Burgos is both the largest province and the most productive in economic terms, with a solid infrastructure. The many campaigns that have been raged in and around this area in recent years has, luckily, not left its mark and the economy has not suffered as a result of looting or other forms of destruction.”

ScreenSave43.jpg

“The province of Soria is in a much sorrier state. Plague has ravaged the district for months and shows only slight signs of abatement. Many of the larger towns have been depopulated and the countryside suffers from a lack of markets for their products. Still, entrepreneurial merchants have identified several possibly profitable trade routes to the south that pass through Soria and, after the plague leaves, will likely serve to increase the province’s wealth.”

ScreenSave44.jpg

“Viscaya is another province troubled by economic downturn despite its developed infrastructure. This is a result of the flight of many burghers from the city after it was attacked by Badajozian armies two years previous. Few have returned and joblessness is on the rise. Also, the new addition of Navarre and its ports will likely have a detrimental effect on the province’s shipping.”

ScreenSave45.jpg

“Rioja is a welcome bright spot in the area’s economic system. A strong industry including clay tiles and forestry products have helped Rioja become one of the major centers of manufacturing in our southern districts. Things only look like they will improve as more investment drives expansion.”

ScreenSave46.jpg

“Navarre is in a sad state after its looting by the heathens this past year. Much of the lands wealth was carried off or has degraded due to the lack of maintenance. Refugees still clog the streets of the few towns that survived intact and it will be at least a few years before the province returns to proper functioning.”

ScreenSave47.jpg

Last edited:
An exhaustive series of updates, indeed... quite informative and interesting, by my throat!

World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economics part 2

“Next we will look at the district to the east, containing several Catalan provinces.”

Zaragozasectioneconomics.png

“Zaragoza is a province with potential. It has strong road systems that makes travel and transport less of a hassle along with strong local industries. With our liberation of this land, many of the established Muslim merchants decided to emigrate, this leaves room for burghers of our own to compete for trade within its borders. Time will tell how successful they might be.”

ScreenSave48.jpg

“Mountainous Jaca has a stable economy based mostly on mining the veins of silver and ore that crisscross the peaks. The recent excavation of a series of abnormally rich lodes has driven employment up and attracted investment from neighboring provinces.”

ScreenSave49.jpg

“Lleida has been the vision of a success ever since we annexed it from the Mohammedan infidels. It has expanded the lumber manufacturing sector within its borders and the profits from the move are quite evident. With markets springing up abroad for their product, the merchants of Lleida have capitalized on their excellent situation with contracts to supply shipyards and building contractors.”

ScreenSave50.jpg

“There is not much to comment on within Urgell. It is an underdeveloped land with only the most basic of services and roads. Investment here could produce results, but it does not seem practical at the moment.”

ScreenSave51.jpg

“Rosello has fallen on hard times and it seems likely that nothing will alleviate the suffering economy. A series of bad harvests combined with a low birth rate and high emigration have left the land barren for the most part. An able administrator may be able to reverse these trends, but it remains to be seen how the province will carry through the next few years.”
ScreenSave52.jpg

“Narbonne is a steadily advancing province with good potential. Unfortunately, expansion of trade in the region has been hampered by a smugglers ring operating along the coast, defying customs and providing contraband to the interior provinces. If the system of justice within the land was expanded, this problem would likely disappear and leave Narbonne a richer land.

ScreenSave71.jpg

Last edited:
Kurt Steiner- Glad you enjoy! I worked a long time on everything and it is nice to have one's work praised. I hope that you continue to enjoy the updates and the aar in general!

Thanks again for commenting and reading!

Kadvael56- I think Viscaya is kind of in the dumps right now. I honestly didn't recognize that the province was Muslim until I was putting the update together and I have no clue how it happened. Are there events to change the religion of the province away from the rulers and perhaps to that of a neighboring land? Weird stuff.

The other provinces are coming along nicely mostly thanks to my choice to gift out extra money to my dukes and counts to encourage them to build.

Very nice to hear from you and glad to have you reading! Thanks for the comment!

Last edited:
World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economics part 3

“The next matter before us is the eastern bloc of counties, incorporating much of our border with Germany.”

Toulousesectioneconomics.png

“The district of Toulouse benefits from trade with all corners of the Aquitanian Kingdom, situated near the middle of several important trade routes. It has well developed roads, but merely a sufficient local industry with few exports of its own and the principal income for the land comes from tolls on goods moving through its borders. It also has a recently renovated library complex that attracts scholars from both within the Kingdom and outside its borders.”

ScreenSave68.jpg

“Rouergue is another province that depends on trade for its sustenance. A healthy export of building tiles helps to shore up the economy, but the large population depends heavily on the constant traveling wagons carrying wares between the different regions of the country and it will take considerable investment for other industries to take hold.”

ScreenSave69.jpg

“The administrative center for the region, Carcassonne stands on a diverse economy anchored by trade tolls, forestry and tax collection. Small workshops within the cities have prospered with rent guarantees and the patronage of local barons. It is a well ordered and developed land that shines as an example of how proper planning and stewardship might produce enhanced wealth and quality of life for all a districts inhabitants.”

ScreenSave70.jpg

“Our chief port on the inland sea, Montpellier is another rich province. The bounty of the sea is brought in by hundreds of fishing boast while luxuries from distant lands destined for the interior pass through the customs port and are taxed effectively. A rich merchant class has grown up around the lively trading quays and it seems likely for this pattern of success to continue.”

ScreenSave72.jpg

“Gevaudan is the nominal backwater of this district. It has seen many of its industries and contacts dry up in the previous years as the successful realms of Carcassonne and Montpellier have attracted more attention. The rate of vagrancy and joblessness seems to be out of control and it will be difficult to work through the economic storm this land in under siege from.”

ScreenSave73.jpg

“Discontent is the chief problem affecting the province of Viviers. The land is ruled by the Bishop of Forez and the population of this flourishing province consider the Bishop’s investment of money in that struggling land as a betrayal of sorts since they never see any of the fruits their labor produces. We must hope that they calm themselves and continue to labor in keeping Viviers prosperous.”

ScreenSave75.jpg

“Forez has been a difficult province to keep afloat in light of the industrial decline it has seen recently. The normally productive forestry buildings and tile plants have been neglected by buyers in favor of newly constructed ones closer to the interior. If new markets were to open up or trade agreements reached with the German principalities across the border, life could return to this troubled province.”

ScreenSave76-1.jpg

“Included in this district since it is closest is the overseas city of Antioch. Recent years have not been kind to the desert land and the mines that supported the local economy have had difficulty meeting quotas for their contracts. Additionally, the advance of the Muslim powers in the region have seen many of the local merchants pull out of the city in anticipation of conflict or even the city’s fall. It speaks to the general strength of the province itself that it is able to produce a good deal of taxable income even under these conditions.”

ScreenSave77-1.jpg

Last edited:
World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economics part 4

“The north will be the next subject, holding most of our border with Brittany and France.”

Poitiersareaeconomics.png

“Thouars is a province simply outclassed by those around it. With no local industry or exports, inadequate roads and unattractive ports, there is little to recommend it when looking at economic matters. Only a desperate merchant would try his luck in investing here and it seems like the development of the land is a project of decades.”

ScreenSave62.jpg

“The province of Poitiers is in desperate straights considering the spread of disease and pestilence within its lands. The major local trade of forestry has never been more productive, yet the workers are hard to come by considering the fear and suffering that grips the land. After this crisis is over, it is likely that comparative prosperity witll return to the land."

ScreenSave63.jpg

“Lusignan has benefited greatly from the plague that holds Poitiers. Its lumber mills have been flooded with orders that would normally be directed at its neighbor to the north and many merchants have relocated from the stricken land to reestablish themselves in Lusignan. How long this prosperity will last after the plague retreats is a matter for debate, but there is a considerable chance that the expanded commerce will continue.”

ScreenSave64.jpg

“Also benefiting from Poitiers’ decline is La Marche. Most of the lumber ordered through Lusignan now flows through the borders of this land, stimulating industries and trade that was once stagnant. Again, this upturn is likely to be a temporary phenomenon and it will require a significant change in trade routes for the success to continue.”

ScreenSave65.jpg

“Limousin is simply the victim of circumstance. No single reason can be said to have caused the downturn it is now experiencing but rather a combination of factors have seen its commerce level retreat. The recent turn of trade routes from Poitiers to Lusignan and La Marche is easily the most easy to identify and blame. The possibility of great expansion still exists here and it might only require a slight disruption in any of the other bordering lands to trigger it.”

ScreenSave66.jpg

“The land of Bourbon is unremarkable in its production or trade values as it is largely self sufficient and contains no resources worthy of export. A change in conditions is unlikely and it appears that Bourbon will not emerge as a point of interest any time in the foreseeable future.”

ScreenSave67.jpg

“Saintonge is a generally poor land that has staged a remarkable turnaround and is now one of the fastest expanding provinces within the realm. Spurred by the discovery of rich lobster and mussel beds off the coast, several burghers have established themselves within the coastal towns in anticipation of their exploitation. This investment has seen the rise of other industries related to servicing the expanded trade class.”

ScreenSave61.jpg

Last edited:
Count Lake said:
Eikinskjaldi- Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Those one province minors do look pretty easy to take don't they? eliminating them will certainly be one of my first actions when time permits. No problems will likely come on the action, but I do need to let my badboy settle a little, the vassals are getting restless with my quick expansion.

Again, thanks for stopping by and commenting. The economic update next is attributed to you, so enjoy!

Wow! I'm honored. I appreciate all the extra work this involves.

I have an observation and question. I note that the division of power among the four social classes in your provinces is irregular and seems on the surface to follow no pattern. I'm curious if this is how you found these settings or have you manipulated the settings to your needs? Since I'm fairly new to the game, I want to understand the nuances.

Also, you shouldn't thank me for subscribing to this AAR. Without any flattery intended, this is the best AAR I've seen of any Paradox game in a long while. Most AARs are either all literary, (of which most are really quite bad) or they are composed almost entirely of sterile screenshots to explain events. "On such-and-such a date, I attacked so-and-so...cause I felt like it."

In this AAR is the best mixture. The narrative not only tells a story, but that story also explains game events very believably and credibly. Here is just one example:

“To the north is Scotland, caught in the troughs of civil conflict. The King has become imbalanced in the humours, perhaps due to his advanced age. I know not the man’s name for sure, since all of my agents sent back different spellings. Our spies report that he often strikes verbally and physically at anyone that wears two shoes in his presence, believing them demons sent to tempt him towards sin. His son has risen up to usurp the throne in light of this madness, but is opposed by numerous nobles who see the frailty of the King as a sure way to expand their own power. It will be up to the fates to see how this war plays out”

In this, you demonstrate a keen understanding of not only how medieval people understood mental illness and disease, but how the barons would have likely reacted to a weak and ineffectual king. Brilliant. This AAR is full of little gems like this one.

So, don't thank me, I thank YOU.

Domnall mac Mail Choluim dun Cailden. The Anglocized version would be Donald Mac/McMalcolm. dun Cailden is like Van Zandt, or de Toucville, or von Hohenzollern - it indicates the place of origin or the family seat of power.

Regards,
Eikinskjaldi

Hey thats funny...

Count Lake said:
Thank you both for the help! I will try to set up my mods in the same way/order to allow for a smooth transition.

To Snugglie's question, I will be studying at Leiden in the Netherlands, just a little south of Amsterdam. I plan on using my (hopefully) abundant spare time to see the places that I normally just conquer in Paradox games!

Hey Count Lake,

Just wanted to let you know that i really enjoy you're AAR....and also that...what a coincidence.....i life in Leiden :). I hope you like it here (have only read up to 1,5 pages of this AAR...so maybe yo'u're hating it here haha). Lots of historical stuff in Leiden though.

Now i'll go back to reading this AAR.

Doei :)

World Update 1117- Aquitanian Economics part 5

“Lastly, I shall report on the central region of Aquitania.”

Bordeauxeconomic.png

“Labourd is a decently productive fief that has done well to acclimate itself to the changing structure of trade in its region. It possesses several modest ports and local industry produces enough of an excess to allow for a healthy trade to bordering provinces. In all, it has solid economic footing and will likely continue to be successful.”

ScreenSave53.jpg

“A series of excellent harvests have made Bearn into the chief supplier of grain and staples to the more trade oriented provinces close to it. Since all need to eat, it is a stable market and one unlikely to fall out in the future. Expanded roads and other facilities might allow for this centralized land to become a more important force in trade within the Kingdom.”

ScreenSave54.jpg

“Albret is another poor land that has gained a toehold on the path to greater economic power. Modest ports and the duties they generate allow for the greatest part of the land’s income. Sadly, a good deal of taxable income is lost through smugglers operating along the coast. Their elimination should become a priority if Albret is to continue on the path to increased productivity.”

ScreenSave55.jpg

“There is not much to comment on within Armagnac. It has become a quiet country province with limited trade to the outside and hardly looks as though it might shift from that status.”

ScreenSave56.jpg

“Bordeaux is the key to the regions economy, with its sizeable merchant contingent standing at the forefront of successful ventures spanning the whole region. River traffic delivering raw materials for the manufacturing and the large port are both powerful and profitable interests. The administrative duties of the capital also serve to bring in a good deal of coin.”

ScreenSave57.jpg

”Another quiet backwater province, Agen still finds its own way to be profitable. The rich fields that abound in this province allow it to turn a tidy income year after year. Expansion of the fields and improved harvest techniques will ensure that it remains a strong contender in the economy of the central region. Little else is needed to describe the land.”

ScreenSave58.jpg

“Perigord has seen a light downturn in its commerce over the past few years due mostly to the exhaustion of the tin mines that once drove the regions economy. While by no means disastrous, it will take some time for the workforce to be reapplied to other sectors of the local industry and we should expect the poor growth to continue till then.”

ScreenSave59.jpg

“Angouleme is but the last in a series of unimportant provinces. Compared to the production of its neighbors, Angouleme lacks in every respect and it seems unlikely that any would consider the land worthy of trying to renovate. It seems destined to being overlooked and forgotten in regards to the greater Aquitanian economy.”​

ScreenSave60.jpg

Alix de Baux finished her exhaustive report with what she hoped was an invisible shudder. She had just run through the entire economy of a Kingdom spanning hundreds of miles and incorporating dozens of individual provinces. All the hard work seemed to be paying off though, the noble councilors and King were looking over her compiled work with interest. She would stay around to answer any questions that they might have. Then she would have a few drinks.​

Last edited: