Closed Thread

Thread: d3dx9_35.dll Strikes Again

d3dx9_35.dll Strikes Again

Hello all

So I went crazy this morning and bought me the two EU3 expansion packs. Napoleon's Ambition, installs fine, plays fine - sorted. In Nomine, installs fine and...oh. So after reading the sticky about installing the latest DirectX, I toddle off to filefront and install DirectX9c but still I get the same error code when I try to boot it up: d3dx9_35.dll.

Anybody get a similar problem with In Nomine? Am I missing anything?

Cheers
    Adam

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Theres a sticky in this forum,its one of the threads at the top of the page.
    Theres a link there to the updates you need
    http://top-gun.mybrute.com

Make your brute and fight me!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

http://top-gun.mybrute.com

Make your brute and fight me!

Yeh I know buddy, followed the advice in that thread by installing DirectX.9c then reinstalling 'all' of the EU3 games (the core and the expansion packs) and I still get the same error message...

Does it matter where you put DirectX? After downloading it places it in a temporary file and it doesn't then ask you where you want to install it to so I guess that it doesn't, but I'm all out of ideas here

Quote Originally Posted by Aflo
    Yeh I know buddy, followed the advice in that thread by installing DirectX.9ca then reinstalling 'all' of the EU3 games (the core and the expansion packs) and I still get the same error message...

Does it matter where you put DirectX? After downloading it places it in a temporary file and it doesn't then ask you where you want to install it to so I guess that it doesn't, but I'm all out of ideas here
    Where did you get your directx 9.0c?
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

Download this ---> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_35 and put it in your main EU3 folder, that's how i solved the problem, I didn't install direct x 9.0c. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by rmdsc
    Where did you get your directx 9.0c?
    Fileront.com

Quote Originally Posted by JamalXIX
    Download this ---> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_35 and put it in your main EU3 folder, that's how i solved the problem, I didn't install direct x 9.0c. o_O
    Doesn't seem to do anything for me. You put the unzipped folder straight into the folder Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III and not ina ny sub folder right?

A big thanks to all the replies so far aswell guys

Quote Originally Posted by Aflo
    Fileront.com
    Did you get the latest version of directx 9.0c? A search through filefront shows a version dated back to 2006 shown on the first page of results. As stated in the stickied thread you need one from after March 2008. Just use the links in that thread.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

Just download it from microsoft. Should solve your problems.
    "Econometrics is the art of drawing a crooked line from an unproved assumption to a foregone conclusion." - Peter Kennedy, A Guide to Econometrics, MIT Press, 1992, p. 7.

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by rmdsc
    Did you get the latest version of directx 9.0c? A search through filefront shows a version dated back to 2006 shown on the first page of results. As stated in the stickied thread you need one from after March 2008. Just use the links in that thread.
    Ahhh, that could well be it. Ok, downloading what will hopefully be the *right* version of DirectX from Microsoft.com - when it's done are there any specifications where to install it or does it do all of the placement for you?

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It installs in the right place.

For some reason Microsoft stopped increasing the version number with 9.0c so you can not tell what exact version it is -- Microsoft.com always has the last one.

Major
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

And do not confuse the unzipping process with the installation process.

(I did at first)
    Cinis sum.
    Cinis terra est.
    Terra est deae.
    Ergo mortuo non sum.

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

All technical support must provided in that forum, not here in general chat. Register you game by clicking on the My Games/Registrations link above then you can see and post in the Tech Support forum. Thanks.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Closed Thread