• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aux_Teergois said:
Build an aircraft carrier for China?

He already has several CVL's, I don't think CV's are a good option for him though.

Congrats on a well deserved victory :D

But why did you leave them with all their pacific islands? :confused: They would have made excellent bases for Chinese land based bombers. Or staging bases for the conquest of Indonesia. Did you at least make Japan a permanent puppet?

Sorry about the week without an update. I've been doing scholarship stuff and that takes precedence. Furthermore, School starts on the 24th and third year Chinese is set to kick my ass seven ways to Sunday so that's going to take a lot of time. So updates will probably switch to a more weekend thing rather than the once every two days that I was keeping earlier.

Metroid17
- It was a consequence of the Setting Sun Event when I first kicked Japan off the mainland.

Talquin - Turtledove seems to have an unhealthy fascination with both the Axis and the confederacy. Slavery was a bad idea, it's good that the Union won, and Skorzeny's lasting contrivution to the world was ferrying Nazi officials to Argentina. I've already made a decision that this AAR is going to end with an Allied victory. So I'm going more for your second option of invading Germany via the eastern front.

Gunboat
- It's a Chinese improvement project thing but they aren't really all that useful. I've never had more than three specialties synch up.

elbasto
- Indeed

germanpeon
- The CCIP even makes so they don't hate me which is important.

Nathan Madien
- He'll figure something out.

Patrick O'Harte - The pacific islands aren't useful. The fianl extent of Chinese domination will be Hong Kong and my Russian claims. I have two naval bases in the Pacific plus a puppet that controls the rest of them.

intruder alert - it does :)

Maj. von Mauser - I try. and I have absolutely no reason to build carriers.

Murmurandus
- and here they are

ROMANU - I'm thinking of branding it something more like the United Nations.

Yumo - Welcome, see comment to metroid

Aux_Teergois - No need. My cruizergs work very well and I can't afford the extra research track.

Duke_of_BOOM!
- Sorry about the wait...

Leviathan07 - Japan is my permanent puppet. Simply put, I don't want to garrison the pacific islands. With the exception of the ones with air and naval bases (like Truk and Enitewok which I control) they are waste of garrisons. And I don't want Indonesia. I'm looking towards the North for resources.

And here's the update!

29年 12月 17日

As part of the peace agreement, the vast majority of Chinese soldiers were removed from Japan. The Chinese government knew from their own experience that large amounts of foreign soldiers tended to arouse more dissent in the long term than they suppress in the short term.

The soldiers would still be nearby in Dalian but it was hoped that a second invasion would not be needed.

1940-12-17-remove-troops.jpg

29年 12月 18日

The war in Spain had entered its final phase. The Wehrmacht had successfully split the remains of the Spanish army from the British. There was the possibility that the Axis victory would be Pyrrhic if the British were able to hold out in Gibraltar. Spain would drain troops and resources that could be better used for an invasion of Britain or fighting in North Africa.

1940-12-18-spain.jpg

29年 12月 19月

The end of the war left the Chinese government in somewhat of a pickle. A massive program of naval and airforce expansion had been commenced but the public was no longer willing to tighten their belts as the war was over. The government wanted to continue the expansion as they needed to rebuild the navy and build a dedicated air force, but the factories retooled under the war department were set to go back into civilian production What to do?

1940-12-19-production.jpg

29年 12月 22日

Fascism was on the march with the final capitulation of Spain. The Germans would reconstitute the Falange party and place its members in prominent positions throughout the government. Citing the "brutal and atrocious massacre of fascists" by republican Spain after their victory, the Germans would place Spain under martial law, to "protect" the new government.

1940-12-22-spain-annexed.jpg

29年 12月 24日

Chinese troops would receive their first permanent overseas posting on the distant islands of Truk and Enitewok. These two bases were a firm declaration that the Western Pacific was under China's protection. They also insured that the Chinese fleet could protect the crucial trade routes to America should Japan (or anyone else) declare war on China.

1940-12-24-island-defense.jpg

29年 12月 26日

A fierce debate ensued within the PPC over what course to take with regards to Japan's military. Many of the newer more populist parties were utterly opposed to any technology transfer to Japan, but the Guomindang was intent on making Japan loyal through dependence. Officer exchange programs and military aid would make Japan's armed forces dependent on Chinese aid. Furthermore, Japan's air force and navy were still ahead of the Chinese. China would gradually transfer over Chinese technology in exchange for Japanese secrets and then further aid could be paid for in military supplies as Japan's factories were capable of supplying and equipping an army for times larger than their current one.

1940-12-26-blueprint-trade.jpg

29年 12月 27日

The fall of Gibraltar marked the end of Britain's Mediterranean dominance. The Germans had cut the artery of the British empire, the question was, would it bleed to death?

1940-12-27-gibraltar.jpg

30年 1月 7日

The current general staff under Falkenhausen, while undoubtedly competent, had been cobbled together from the German mission and Guomindang's military affairs commission. A young general in the Chinese army, Sun Li Jen, was asked to build a new General staff as China's army had changed immensely five years. A true patriot, he had graduated from Purdue University with a degree in civil engineering in 1924, but had decided that he could serve his country better as a soldier. He was selected to build the new general staff because he possessed three characteristics. A) He was competent and had led forces to victory as well as receiving wounds himself B) He was educated and lacked the contempt for civilian leadership that many Chinese generals still harbored. C) He had risen through the ranks during the war with Japan for the most part and had never been more than a pawn during the warlord era. This meant meant that he would not be as much of a coup risk as the former warlord generals.

1941-1-7-sun-li-jen.jpg

The push for this came after General Stillwell finished reorganizing the way China supplied its armies. He had not liked how integrated the Guomindang still was in the military, at least on paper, and had said that they would be better served if the Army was completely divorced from the party. The first test was to figure out what could be learned from the stubborn Japanese resistance in Hiroshima and Fukuoka.

Naval production had been finalized and Chinese shipyards were now the busiest in the world. The next task was to set up a dedicated military vehicles industry that was capable of quickly producing new equipment without having to rely on civilian factories for parts.

1941-1-7-tech.jpg

30年 1月 30日

Chinese military secrets were exchanged for surplus Japanese military supplies. Ironically enough, the Japanese were finally getting access to the Chinese market but not in the way they intended.

1941-1-30-Japan-supplies-th.jpg

30年 3月 6日

A seminal momemt had arrived in Chinese history. Though China had found peace for the first time and emerged to become the world's largest democracy, the rest of the world was moving towards authoritarianism. Of particular concern to China was Russia, no progress had been made on reclaiming Outer Manchuria or Mongolia and the military option was looking more attractive. However, any move against Russia would receive strong condemnation from the Allies, even a declaration of war, and risk putting China into a war with the United States should they decide to join Britain against Germany. To get a free hand in Russia, the Chinese would have to join the Allies. Declaring war on Germany was not an option, as the Chinese were keen on honoring their treaties, including the one signed at the end of the Second Sino Japanese war which pledged mutual non aggression. Furthermore, such a declaration would be massively unpopular as many people in both the private and public sectors remembered the help that Germany had furnished during that conflict.

This left China with one path, they would have to join the Allies without declaring war on Germany first. A proposition that the British were wary of.

1941-3-06-alliance.jpg

30年 3月 14日

Chinese researchers had finished the newest Pabing divisions and were ordered to start work on an experimental new electronic computer. This would be the first Chinese computer to be wholly electronic as opposed to electro mechanical and scientists were excited about the calculation speeds that would allow.

Chinese naval research also continued as China had plans for a truly oceanic navy and needed to figure out how to supply such a force.

1941-3-14-tech.jpg

30年 3月 17日

The good neighbor policy towards Japan was paying off as they volunteered to help with building a joint Japanese/Chinese naval logistics force.

1941-3-17-good-neighbor.jpg

30年 3月 19日

China, Korea and Japan would formally declare their open support for Britain and the rest of the Allies in their struggle against Germany. As expected this prompted a German declaration of war, which allowed the Chinese government to once again assume the position of a victim of unwarranted aggression. In exchange for Chinese help, the British pledged full military cooperation and the return of Hong Kong, along with a pledge to side with China in any future conflict with Russia. They were also forced to relinquish any French claims to IndoChina.

War with Germany changed very little for China, as trade with the Axis had already dropped to almost nothing due to the Allied blockade. The Chinese were officially very conciliatory towards the Germans and even made some high profile peace negotiations as well as pledging to abide by all previous Sino German agreements. There was only limited truth to these efforts as the Chinese were counting on Hitler's irrationality to prevent him from forgiving the Chinese "betrayal." What they did do was allow China to maintain the moral high ground both at home and abroad.

1941-3-19-allies.jpg

30年 3月 24日

The final breakdown in relations came five days later when Germany officially withdrew all remaining German military personnel within China. In recognition of his dedicated service, Alexander von Falkenhausen would receive the Order of National Glory (國光勳章) the highest military honor that the Chinese had.

1941-3-24-axis-withdrawn.jpg

The only other one ever issued had been given to Chiang Kai Shek at the end of the of the Second Sino Japanese war.

The_Order_of_National_Glory.jpg

30年 4月 8日

The United States was also afraid of losing Britain to Axis invasion and started a new program that sent American military equipment to the United Kingdom.

1941-4-08-usa-lend-lease.jpg

30年 4月 12日

The first technology transfers were when Chinese advances in organizing mechanized forces and rocketry were traded for British industrial techniques for mass producing planes and automobiles along with information about the advanced British computers used by their intelligence agencies.

1941-4-12-allied-blueprints.jpg

30年 4月 29日

The British invasion of Libya was going well, despite the loss of Gibraltar, and it was hoped that the Italians would be kicked out within months.

1941-4-29-North-Africa.jpg

30年 5月 3日

The Germans were seeking their own route to Mediterranean as the Italians didn't seem to be handling it to well. Germany along with every adjoining country besides Greece, declared war on Yugoslavia.

1941-5-03-Yugoslavia.jpg

30年 5月 4日

China would make its first major commitment of troops when it sent over 800 planes to defend their new Yugoslavian allies. The new Long Jun, 龙军, (dragon legion) would test China's new air force against the Luftwaffe. There was little hope of saving the Balkan Kingdom but it was hoped that they could inflict significant casualties on the Germans.

1941-5-04-dragon-legion.jpg

Sorry to disappoint everyone who wanted me to conquer India. But this way is more interesting, I promise.

Last edited:
Yes! an update!

Good luck with your scholarship!

Will the USSR DoW Germany because they are at war with you? If they defeat the Germans, the main battle ground will be Siberia (as Europe would be overran in no time).
On the other hand, if the Germans beat the USSR... then you are in for a looong walk and a big logistical problem.

Good luck!

EDIT: Have you thought in new factories? You have some spare time an nice IC to allocate towards that.

Last edited:
Interesting! I've never seen a China player attempting to intervene in the European theatre without actually warmongering his way across central Asia and India.

This will be really novel. Do you plan to send just planes and expeditionary troops and contribute like for example brazil did, without conquering any territory for yourself?

Or are you planning to take a more... active... role? A Chinese sector alongside the US and British ones on D-Day, perhaps? :) And what's the plan for the Russians?

Oh and don't stop the rearmament :D

I think this is a better alternative.

I've done this a few times before. In my experience the easiest way is to strike on the Balkans with troops stationed in Egypt.

That the Allies fought alongside China historically, it's a neat twist to have the Chinese fighting alongside the Allies. :)

Porkman said:
The United States was also afraid of losing Britain to Axis invasion and started a new program that sent American military equipment to Germany.

Don't you mean "sent American military equipment to Britain"?

Nathan Madien said:
That the Allies fought alongside China historically, it's a neat twist to have the Chinese fighting alongside the Allies. :)

Don't you mean "sent American military equipment to Britain"?

:p He does. If I was afraid of my friend being beaten up by a bully, I would not give the bully a stick to do it with. :D

Halifax as the UK head of government instead of Churchill?? How did that happen?

nomonhan said:
Halifax as the UK head of government instead of Churchill?? How did that happen?

There's an event which allows you to choose between Churchill and Halifax. It's an realistic event, since it easily could have gone either way.