+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Enhancement Mod

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

American Enhancement Mod

Have you ever played the United States in vanilla? You probably found it to be a bit boring and bland. The American Enhancement aims to add more flavor to your USA playing experience.

* Take your stance on crucial issues like Slavery and States' rights.
    * Seize the lands around you from the British since they are rightfully yours.
    * Offer to buy Louisiana and/or Florida from its owner.
    * Wipe out the Creek, Seminole, Shawnee, Cherokee, Choctaw, etc. Native Americans.
    * Americans that dwell in the Southern States.
    * Try to get Quebec to win their independence, and send support if the Capital is taken.

Notes:
    - You should only be playing as the United States only, the game will essentially just be vanilla otherwise.
    - 1776 bookmark is the recommended start date.
    - You should check your National Decisions often, this mod is mainly event/decision oriented.

I wrote a short AAR for a game I played on a early version of the mod, it can be found here.

Keep an eye on your National Decisions!

---

Thanks to:
    Brandenburg III, who has helped tremendously with adding things in and the historical side of the revolution.

---
    Last update: August 7, 2010.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spl; 25-08-2010 at 00:36.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Great! Won't have time to test it out until Monday or so, but it looks good in the AAR.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    Great! Won't have time to test it out until Monday or so, but it looks good in the AAR.
    I've added and corrected a few things since that, (like the misspelling of government in the localisation.. )

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the decisions are the most important to look at.

But, overall, I recommend it.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    I actually thought that playings as the americans was quite hard in vanilla

Good work, the effort is apreciated.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

The Velvet Gentleman PetitBourgeois's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I love the national decisions! They are a great way to simulate the large territorial gains/losses. A question though, does it work in reverse for the UK, or can the UK annex the US with that scenario?

Oh, and are there serious repercussions for your choices when setting up the government? (I.e, centralization vs. decentralization, slavery vs. freedom, tariffs, etc.)

I imagine abolishing slavery would be a serious thing.
    Last edited by PetitBourgeois; 06-07-2008 at 17:15.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I will boycott this mod until I find similar ones for the Latin American Republics. (fyi, I can't mod or else I would have made one already)

Quote Originally Posted by PetitBourgeois
    I love the national decisions! They are a great way to simulate the large territorial gains/losses. A question though, does it work in reverse for the UK, or can the UK annex the US with that scenario?

Oh, and are there serious repercussions for your choices when setting up the government? (I.e, centralization vs. decentralization, slavery vs. freedom, tariffs, etc.)

I imagine abolishing slavery would be a serious thing.
    There are slight ones now, the CSA can revolt if you go centralized, remove slavery, or use protective tariffs. Not very bad though, I plan to add some more depth to that later.

the UK cannot seize the lands back, the decisions are only valid for the USA. I will add them if anybody wants it though, it should be relatively easy to code since I have done it for the USA already.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austriavakia
    I will boycott this mod until I find similar ones for the Latin American Republics. (fyi, I can't mod or else I would have made one already)
    I could help you, but first I have to finish with another little project

spl, nice to see you've released it, now the America mod
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.

I found a tiny bug with the seizelands.txt file, it will make it very difficult to seize the northeast.

It can be found here, just place it in the "decisions" folder.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

your natives gone modifier doesn't actually stop the natives from reappearing... for example, as the usa i decided to wipe out the natives via province decision in southern Florida (btw the badboy hit is quite high, your better off just keeping the negative effects for the rest of the game then ever wiping them out) especially sense they just reappear atm hehe
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

Quote Originally Posted by extox
    your natives gone modifier doesn't actually stop the natives from reappearing... for example, as the usa i decided to wipe out the natives via province decision in southern Florida (btw the badboy hit is quite high, your better off just keeping the negative effects for the rest of the game then ever wiping them out) especially sense they just reappear atm hehe
    Ah, I missed that. Fixed, I will lower the badboy hit. I was a bit worried about offending somebody when I made that!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by spl
    Ah, I missed that. Fixed, I will lower the badboy hit. I was a bit worried about offending somebody when I made that!

people get so uppidy about history... it happened in RL and should at least be slightly modeled in game. The fact that the NAZI flag isnt shown in HOI is complete pc bull****. Thank god for mods.
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

Quote Originally Posted by extox
    people get so uppidy about history... it happened in RL and should at least be slightly modeled in game. The fact that the NAZI flag isnt shown in HOI is complete pc bull****. Thank god for mods.
    I was really worried about the penalties being too low, as the Indian Removal Act..well...not my favorite. I will be adding more to this for the next version also!

I will be seperating the WWM version and the vanilla map version for the next version. Hopefully that will make doing last minute changes much easier for me..

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by spl
    I will be seperating the WWM version and the vanilla map version for the next version. Hopefully that will make doing last minute changes much easier for me..
    Do you have something that lists exactly what the mod adds/changes? (Or am I being dense and missing it?)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Well, it adds:

A more unique USA. Dl it and play the USA from the revolution, very intresting. And not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijj
    Well, it adds:

A more unique USA. Dl it and play the USA from the revolution, very intresting. And not boring.
    Pretty much, I will post a short list in the first post of some features...

What events are there about Indians, or other ethnic minorities, such as Africans, Jews, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by sniedermeier
    What events are there about Indians, or other ethnic minorities, such as Africans, Jews, etc.?
    I haven't really done anything for many ethnic minorities in particular. There is a little for Native Americans right now and I am working on adding more. I'm not quite sure what the events would do for most minorities, any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast