• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BritishImperial said:
(1) doesnt ireland have the euro? you know, suggesting they are fairly into being part of europe...

(2) i love this aar. half because it is well written, entertaining, and involves the good guys winning ( :eek: ) and half because every american on the forum has swooped down and got in a big paddy because thinsulate dared to say the usn is losing. i think it is kinda plausible, as the yanks were lured close enough for a lot of the quite formidable european air force to help out.

(3) as the eu's gdp is bigger than that of the US, it is plausible to say that in a war without nukes, the EU could triumph. we have the SAS :D
(1) Being part of the Eurozone doesn't necessarily connote that they're fitting into the EU; when I went to visit family in Kerry a couple of summers ago, I heard a fair number of people complaining about the EU, and Ireland losing its ability to rule itself (whether abortion would be legal, or control who immigrates into it, for example). It's only gotten worse since.

(2) The thing is, the USN doesn't just have carriers, but carrier battle groups, with subs, a destroyer squadron, Aegis cruisers, guided missile destroyers, the whole shabang, on top of the carriers themselves (with surface-to-air missiles of their own, if they needed them) and the CAGs. With two carrier groups together--which is what you would need to sink two USN carriers--you basically have to be flying UFOs to get to the carriers themselves.

(3) Irrelevant. The US has a might higher military budget per GDP than the EU: 4.06% vs. much smaller percentages (only four European NATO countries have military spending higher than 2% of their GDP ), and their economy isn't bigger enough to offset the difference.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the next update. Interesting to read about the MDS.

I hate to think that America would lose two carriers that easily but if RED STORM RISING by Tom Clancy has taught me anything, enough planes firing enough missiles could sink anything.

Can't wait for the next update.

Thinsulate said:
August 30th

Bush Announces World War III​

george_w_bush.jpg

Bush stood up to the podium to find the press in silence. The odd flash of a camera, and mumble under a breath.

Bush puts his hands down, and speaks.

"My Fellow Americans.

It has come to our attention, in intention of what we now call the European Axis.

A link of nations we thought to be incapable of such a strike. We thought their lack of communication would lead to the collapse of such a union. We were wrong.

I, was wrong.

We have done it before. We can do it again. We can break the bones of this Axis of evil if it takes us decades. We will fight with every gun we have, and if any European or Russian soldier dare tread on American soil whilst any of us still draw breath, we will not surrender until all that is left is the beauty of the nation we love.

And so with this, I declare a world war 3 with the European powers. I declare that all of us, Americans born and true, fight until the bitter end with all our means. We may have suffered defeats, but we will recover. Our boys are already being pulled out of Iraq and will be fighting in theatres around the globe. We have started massive recruiting programs and begun producing massive amounts of military machines for the first time in decades. Even minute we live we get stronger, the European nations can never survive whilst we still have a will to fight.

So I say in honour of our founding fathers, let us never give up. Let us protect the land we love, for freedom and for a world that is not held to ransom by the Axis of evil. Let war commence.
"
SIEG HEIL BUSH! SIEG HEIL BUSH! SIEG HEIL BUSH! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thinsulate said:
A vote in Brussels sees Franz Josef Jung as head of the European Army and all operations. He received 90% of the vote, Including the United Kingdom, Frances and Spains vote.

Poor Europe, they voted the most incompetent guy they could find in that office oO

Nice writing though, I will follow it :)

Interesting... it would be a lot better if we didn't get all of the annoying Europeans going "It's realistic! It's realistic! It could happen!" Now that's bullshit.

1) the USN isn't full of incompetent admirals who would storm continental Europe for no reason.
2) The USN has more super carriers than any other country in the world, combined. times 2.

Let's leave the politics aside and see it for how it is... a game.

I need a bigger intro for this AAR to get me going though... the idea is great but it's not even remotely believable.

Even if the EU randomly attacked a USN presence in the North Sea (why would their be a USN presence in the North Sea again?), the US would not declare war.. that's a little random.

Oh ya... US troops outnumber European troops by more than 10 to 1 in the Middle East... hmmm.

Please, if you're going to try something this controversial, make it make sense :D .

P.S. I hope you're right when you say that the US actually fights in this... it just seems like you want to fry as many Yanks as you can.

Omfg, listen to everyone. Its like we are going to have a World War on the forums!

Listen up! It does not matter who is "winning" or "losing", Thinsulate is doing an AAR, and doing it well!

We dont see people whinging that it wasn't possible for Canada to invade US in 1937, or for Germany to bring Nazism to the whole world, yet it happens in AARs.

Let it go people.
Enjoy the ride, I know I am​

Thinsulate said:
xin_58030224084311104011.jpg
The last of the British forces. There were no survivors of this brave team.

On a lighter note. Isnt that Prince Harry on the left? A prince was left in a suicide mission? Cold... I like it! :D

Great AAR, I'm in

Sharkfreak06 said:
Interesting... it would be a lot better if we didn't get all of the annoying Europeans going "It's realistic! It's realistic! It could happen!" Now that's bullshit.

1) the USN isn't full of incompetent admirals who would storm continental Europe for no reason.
2) The USN has more super carriers than any other country in the world, combined. times 2.

Let's leave the politics aside and see it for how it is... a game.

I need a bigger intro for this AAR to get me going though... the idea is great but it's not even remotely believable.

Even if the EU randomly attacked a USN presence in the North Sea (why would their be a USN presence in the North Sea again?), the US would not declare war.. that's a little random.

Oh ya... US troops outnumber European troops by more than 10 to 1 in the Middle East... hmmm.

Please, if you're going to try something this controversial, make it make sense :D .

P.S. I hope you're right when you say that the US actually fights in this... it just seems like you want to fry as many Yanks as you can.

Are you even reading the AAR? The Europeans are out of Iraq. And in Afghanistan the Russian army is rescuing the British in Helmands.

The US is getting fried right now. Thousands men stuck in the middle east, and a big defeat in the North sea. When oh when will the turning point be? Who knows.. maybe never ;)

On a lighter note. Isnt that Prince Harry on the left? A prince was left in a suicide mission? Cold... I like it!

:rofl: It may just be. I really should check the pictures I get off websites more.

So the US has no allies? Russia isn't in the EU is it?

It'd be cool to see some in game shots, I've never seen or really heard of this mod.

Again, why the freaking war started? What's the official reason? :confused:

STOP THAT, GUYS!!

STOP INTERRUPTING THIS FINE AAR! :mad:

If you don't like this AAR then don't read it!
But stopt turning this hole thing into a discussion about 'how realistic' this AAR is!

September 3rd

Russians link up With British in Helmands​

ParaDrop_2.jpg
Russians launching their surprise attacks over a month earlier

Putin happily announced to his military commanders that a link-up with the British had been established. The next task was simple to get them out of there. But with stiff resistance to the East of Afghanistan from United States and Afghan troops means this will be no simple task.

650-cong-02.jpg

American troops are fighting the Russians at close quarters.

In other news

Europe production levels equal the United States

After 2 months of fighting, most industries have been changed to a war economy. The British are already building 2 new Aircraft carriers and have begun turning most of their industry into aircraft building. The Germans and French have been arming up their land forces, whilst the Spanish and Italians do similar arrangements. The United states has also armed up, but is hampered as they transfer their industry farther inland in case of a invasion. For now, the Europeans have an advantage. But they know they must act fast, otherwise the Americans will hit them with countless numbers of planes, ships and tanks that not bullet would be able to stop.

China mobilizes​

00188b081f4c067e27c902.jpg

Sadly for the Americans, the Chinese have not declared neutrality and are fully arming their forces.

Winner said:
Again, why the freaking war started? What's the official reason? :confused:

That will fan out as the AAR continues.

So far hints that have been given away:
The USN was in the north sea near the UK oil fields
The EU had fired upon them, the USN ran away.

Now why would they do that? The USN could of taken them out. All will be revealed...

Also READ THE AAR. It explains why the Russians are fighting. I will ignore any further questions that are answered in the AAR.

Just want to say that you are awesome in selecting the pictures Thin! :)

soonerborn0524 said:
If I see battle-tested American fighters get shot down in a 5:1 ratio by untested European pilots and two of the best-protected ships in the world are sunk, I'll stop taking it seriously.

Oh, wait. . . ;)

Can't wait until the US gets the Raptors in.

EU submarines kick US butt in shallow water. :)

Norwegian and especielly Swedish has been highly successfull being able to sink large portions of the American ships in simulated combat.

(2) The thing is, the USN doesn't just have carriers, but carrier battle groups, with subs, a destroyer squadron, Aegis cruisers, guided missile destroyers, the whole shabang, on top of the carriers themselves (with surface-to-air missiles of their own, if they needed them) and the CAGs. With two carrier groups together--which is what you would need to sink two USN carriers--you basically have to be flying UFOs to get to the carriers themselves.

Swedish and Norwegian submarines have sunk USN carriers in simulated combat.

This is the truth though and making sure that this is a GAME. US fleet only loose if it get into shallow waters which any sane US admiral should've avoided at all costs.

Good update... but again, the EU, Russia, and now China all against the US... I don't see how this will be interesting... unless you play as the US it's just going to be a slaughterhouse.

Sharkfreak06 said:
Good update... but again, the EU, Russia, and now China all against the US... I don't see how this will be interesting... unless you play as the US it's just going to be a slaughterhouse.

well then dont read it! i'm finding it interesting and so are a lot of others. people read germany aars, where they kick the arse of the whole world. To finish my views on everybody getting stressy saying 'boo hoo, its not plausible, its all bullshit' : is it plausible that the US would go to war with it's greatest allies and fellow democratic nations? i would like to hope not. but it makes for good reading.

As far as I can tell, there's no indication that China is siding with us euroweenies. Might just be up to, uh, "integrate" some of its neighbours in the panic.

Plus, I can't see Japan not siding with the US. Period. No, they don't have an army per se (though the SDF is fairly overpowered for its role, iirc), but it has more heavy industry than God at this point.