Thread: GeForce 3 No longer available

GeForce 3 No longer available

I just bought Penumbra: Black Plague. My very first game..ever. I know I have the wrong graphics card..but I have PCI slots only and the GeForce 3 --which may or may not be PCI --is no longer available. What should I do?

S

200k clubHoI AnthologyDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Go to Frictional games they should be able to help you.

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by SMcR
    I just bought Penumbra: Black Plague. My very first game..ever. I know I have the wrong graphics card..but I have PCI slots only and the GeForce 3 --which may or may not be PCI --is no longer available. What should I do?

S
    I dont quite know what you are asking for - are after a new graphics card to play the game and want to know which you should get?
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You can still get a Geforce 6 on PCI, which is adequate enough for most games, e.g. this one.

If you don't have AGP (let alone PCI-E) I don't know if it would be worth it though. Likely your CPU and RAM are not capable of running most games that require a Geforce >4 anyway.