+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 170 FirstFirst ... 10 35 60 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 110 135 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by The Patrician View Post
    It isn't officially part of the next patch as yet. I put it up here for people to test out and critisize and to see if they would like it included.

well if it really is how you said it is then it DEFINITELY should be in the patch! It bring the game to a whole new level! It changes everything!

But will the AI recognise how important certain resources are? The AI needs to know how it works just as well as the player or it will make the game HUGELY unbalanced as the player gets all the bonuses while the AI is still playing normally without trying to get these bonuses. It would make the player super rich and the AI just normal...
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    —Oscar Wilde

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    —Unknown Author

Hi there, I just made a thread recently about getting rid of pirates spawning in EU3 as it's made my latest campaign a real pain.

I tried changing the techgroup in the PIR nation file to new_world as I was advised to do, but it doesnt seem to work. I use this mod (well, the map only version for IN) are there any special directions to use with this mod?

Thanks!

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Hi all.

If you're trying out my resources addon, please replace common/triggered_modifiers.txt with the one found here.

I suspect I may have been half asleep when I wrote the modifiers for grain producing nations.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by JSPotter89 View Post
    Hi there, I just made a thread recently about getting rid of pirates spawning in EU3 as it's made my latest campaign a real pain.

I tried changing the techgroup in the PIR nation file to new_world as I was advised to do, but it doesnt seem to work. I use this mod (well, the map only version for IN) are there any special directions to use with this mod?

Thanks!

Well if pirates are already spawning and you change their tech group then it won't do much. They'll still be at naval tech 9 it's just that they'll advance to the next tech a lot slower. For this to work you have to do it at the start of a game.
    If you're just playing the map version then this is probably why it's not working and how it will work next time. If you're playing the full version then the pirates will spawn eventually as the new world nations reach naval tech 9 eventually.....

That's pretty much it....

To take them out of your game you have to find them in the save under PIR and change their naval tech level to 1 and they won't pop up anymore.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    —Unknown Author

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSPotter89 View Post

Thanks!
    This doesn't work in WWM because the new_world tech group can get ships (unlike in vanilla). You'd need to add a new tech group called "pirate" or something that had a tech modifier of 0.1, and also edit your savegame so that pirates have naval tech less than 9.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    This doesn't work in WWM because the new_world tech group can get ships (unlike in vanilla). You'd need to add a new tech group called "pirate" or something that had a tech modifier of 0.1, and also edit your savegame so that pirates have naval tech less than 9.

well I was partly right....
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

—Unknown Author

Europa Universalis 3MagickaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    But since it's a map-onlu WWM, you shouldn't need to make that new tech group?
    If you wish for peace, understand war.
    * B. H. Liddell Hart in Strategy

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Beneath the oldest city of the Netherlands
    seriously is it that hard to just build a few ships, set them on patrol so the pirates dont spawn? i dont get it why so many people want to remove them from the game since they are such a trivial matter.

On a side note, Hafte, does the latest IN wwm basic (map only) also contain the new netherlands/turkey/greece/australia/italy?
    Completed games:
    1. Bi Weekly Game I as Portugal (first IN MP game ever to finish)
    2. Bi Weekly Game II as Netherlands (second IN MP game ever to finish)

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

martijn-v-d(AT)hotmail.com

Europa Universalis 3MagickaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Well, currently I have 58 coastal provinces (those that are coastal on the same sea zone are NOT counted in this..), and I can support 81 ships. problem is, that I need over thirty (~34) cogs to carry my armies(one cog navy at north, one at south.). The pirates normally appear in groups of 3-7 (mostly four, but seven is sadly usual too ). they appear all the time, and they come come from my neighours sea-zones too, which makes patrolling hard. now maths: to make the coming sea battles easier, I need to have ~8 ships in my patrolling navies. to patrol all my coastal provinces well, I would need approximetly 40x8=320 carracks. Think about having 320 carracks and 30 cogs. What do you think it would mean to have ~350 ships with support limit 81?

PS. I actually play with pirates, since I agree that they are a part of the game. However, you can't say that getting rid of them is always so easy

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

How do you install mods in EU3 1.3?

How do you install a mod in EU3 v1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziperia View Post
    Well, currently I have 58 coastal provinces (those that are coastal on the same sea zone are NOT counted in this..), and I can support 81 ships. problem is, that I need over thirty (~34) cogs to carry my armies(one cog navy at north, one at south.). The pirates normally appear in groups of 3-7 (mostly four, but seven is sadly usual too ). they appear all the time, and they come come from my neighours sea-zones too, which makes patrolling hard. now maths: to make the coming sea battles easier, I need to have ~8 ships in my patrolling navies. to patrol all my coastal provinces well, I would need approximetly 40x8=320 carracks. Think about having 320 carracks and 30 cogs. What do you think it would mean to have ~350 ships with support limit 81?

PS. I actually play with pirates, since I agree that they are a part of the game. However, you can't say that getting rid of them is always so easy
    i think it is easy, in my nl game i own North america from tamuilacapas (mexico) to canada. i have no patrols in this region because i have the piracy act, which bars pirates from spawning in your own regions.

i only have like 10 ships on the sealane between florida and cuba, and the one between portugals side of mexico and mine.

additionally also have about 40 other sea provinces, i dont bother to pirate control Australia as it is too invaluable for me to send ships there, but i do have patrols on the indonesian and african provinces.

with a support limit of 232, having 911 ships.. well this is fun

i do agree though, this example is in multiplayer so every player takes care of his own rebel control so i dont get spil overs. however at one session, a player was absent and i was harassed by ships to such an extend that i had to pirate control his shores. nothing you shouldnt be able to fix though.
    Completed games:

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

Europa Universalis IV

first of all your math is completely wrong. Unless, of course, if the coastal zones are alone surrounded by other nations (or sea zones). You need 1 ship for every 3 provinces. That's 58 divided by 3 which is roughly 20 ships. Now, on top of that you need another 10-20 carracks to protect your areas. I also do what Martyn does in America. Have your ships patrolling and then on the border coastal provinces place 10 carracks (to make sure the pirate fleet being pushed into your zone is completely wiped out). You'll be using up 50-60 ships. The price you pay for going over the limit is not that bad either so you'll be alright.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

—Unknown Author

hey i once went 800% over the forcelimit and only payed 1000 ducats per month! .

too bad my country went bankrupt, even with a monthly of 1100 an a stash of 10.000 you cant realy keep that up.

that was related to occupation of my capital however, its disasterous to naval supports, which went from 233 to 70 in one month
    Completed games:

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    But since it's a map-onlu WWM, you shouldn't need to make that new tech group?
    Oops, I didn't notice that. Then just change pirates to new_world and set their tech back to 0 and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by montfort94 View Post
    How do you install a mod in EU3 v1.3?
    You would need to download the old version, which is a zip file, so you just unzip it and put the mod folder and .mod file into the EU3 mod folder.

I would recommend getting IN though, because it is superior to 1.3, and the version of WWM for 1.3 sucks compared to recent versions.

Get it HERE!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

Well, In Nomine doesn't arrive at my house till tomorrow! And I need to play this A.S.A.P. Thanks!

EDIT

I unpacked it into the mod folder in Program Files, and started the launcher. It still doesn't show up. And on top of that, I can't find any .mod file.
    Last edited by montfort94; 26-03-2009 at 18:34.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by montfort94 View Post
    Well, In Nomine doesn't arrive at my house till tomorrow! And I need to play this A.S.A.P. Thanks!

EDIT

I unpacked it into the mod folder in Program Files, and started the launcher. It still doesn't show up. And on top of that, I can't find any .mod file.
    When you unzip the file, it will probably give you a single folder. The files you want are in that folder and need to be taken out and placed directly into the EU3 mod folder.

Get it HERE!

Ah...Ok will try that!...It works!!! Great Job! Thanks for the Mod!!!
    Last edited by montfort94; 27-03-2009 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by spirto View Post
    first of all your math is completely wrong. Unless, of course, if the coastal zones are alone surrounded by other nations (or sea zones). You need 1 ship for every 3 provinces. That's 58 divided by 3 which is roughly 20 ships. Now, on top of that you need another 10-20 carracks to protect your areas. I also do what Martyn does in America. Have your ships patrolling and then on the border coastal provinces place 10 carracks (to make sure the pirate fleet being pushed into your zone is completely wiped out). You'll be using up 50-60 ships. The price you pay for going over the limit is not that bad either so you'll be alright.
    Well, since I haven't yet been able to get anti-piracy act, I get pirates at my own provinces too.. the math: having only one ship (carrack) patrolling 3 coastal seazones resulted (yes, I tried that FIRST) in me losing over 20% of my ships when I got into war. I wasn't fast enough to gather them to same place or move them into harbours... that's when I realised that this isn't my way. of course, when having anti-piracy act, this becomes much easier.

Wink

Thanks for the great mod! Funny how you can write a mod, but I can't even figure out how to install, even with help, lol. If you have any questions on history, I may be able to help, because I spend a LOT of time studying it. Plus I have two geography bee victories under my belt. Thanks for the great mod!!

Europa Universalis IV

Well, since I haven't yet been able to get anti-piracy act, I get pirates at my own provinces too.. the math: having only one ship (carrack) patrolling 3 coastal seazones resulted (yes, I tried that FIRST) in me losing over 20% of my ships when I got into war. I wasn't fast enough to gather them to same place or move them into harbours... that's when I realised that this isn't my way. of course, when having anti-piracy act, this becomes much easier.

That happens to everyone. Also, don't use carracks to patrol. Use light ships, they're faster. Or even galleys (if u can't get light ships yet) it's much cheaper and not so hard on you if you're in a war.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

—Unknown Author

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 170 FirstFirst ... 10 35 60 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 110 135 160 ... LastLast