+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 122 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Beneath the oldest city of the Netherlands
    hey your free to start it, ill post my stuff as well, (though its notmuch to look at)
    Completed games:
    1. Bi Weekly Game I as Portugal (first IN MP game ever to finish)
    2. Bi Weekly Game II as Netherlands (second IN MP game ever to finish)

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

martijn-v-d(AT)hotmail.com

perhaps its already been reported, and perhaps it isnt unique to the this mod, but I recently came across a little bug...

when calculating distance, for the purpose of colonization, the game calculates manhatten to be a distance of zero. (I am playing as England).

consequently it throws off the whole colonisation curve (I otherwise currently wouldnt be able to colonise north america), and allows me to send colonists there in something like 2 weeks.

G

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green72 View Post
    perhaps its already been reported, and perhaps it isnt unique to the this mod, but I recently came across a little bug...

when calculating distance, for the purpose of colonization, the game calculates manhatten to be a distance of zero. (I am playing as England).

consequently it throws off the whole colonisation curve (I otherwise currently wouldnt be able to colonise north america), and allows me to send colonists there in something like 2 weeks.

G
    Yes, this is a known bug. You need to recalculate the cache to get the distances to be correct.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Yes, this is a known bug. You need to recalculate the cache to get the distances to be correct.
    pray tell, how do I do this?

great work btw

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Just delete the map cache folder, it happened with me either.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Really impressed with my first 3.2 Game as England. Love the new map

Seems like the colony company founded event that has never worked in the past before is working as intended now, I am getting new colonies adjacent to existing colonies at regular paces. Great job a on a wonderful mod

Hi! Hey this mod looks great! I was just wondering though if there are any AARs made using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Friddi View Post
    Just delete the map cache folder, it happened with me either.
    do you mean, I am to delete the entire contents of the cache folder?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ender0316 View Post
    Hi! Hey this mod looks great! I was just wondering though if there are any AARs made using it?
    I'm sure there aare some WWM AAR's out there, but I can't think of any off hand.

do you mean, I am to delete the entire contents of the cache folder?
    I think you only need to delete the files "navaldist.bin" and "time". When I get around it patching the mod, I'll fix this bug.

Get it HERE!

Blog Entries
    By the way, has anyone looked at the screenshots I posted on page 1? Particularly the first one? What do you think?

Get it HERE!

Sorry noob question, but how do I install the mod?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfroding View Post
    Sorry noob question, but how do I install the mod?
    Just run the installer. If your EU3 game is installed in the right place, the installer should put the mod in the right place. Otherwise, just give the installer the path of you mod folder, wherever it may be.

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    By the way, has anyone looked at the screenshots I posted on page 1? Particularly the first one? What do you think?
    Im not sure if this is sarcasm, for my asking questions, which I have recently discovered were already asked and answered but....

The screenshots look great, everything about this mod is amazing...it brings new life to an already excellent game....I will be playing this for years now, (at great cost to my personal life no doubt heh).

You sir, deserve a medal, (and I am not just saying that because you are a fellow canadian either).

My only question now is...whats next?

PS:I figured out the whole cache thing, thanks for everyones help. One needs only to erase the navdist and time files, as mentioned above. However, does this need to be done each time a different mod is played?

Thanks again,
    G

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Im not sure if this is sarcasm, for my asking questions, which I have recently discovered were already asked and answered but....

The screenshots look great, everything about this mod is amazing...it brings new life to an already excellent game....I will be playing this for years now, (at great cost to my personal life no doubt heh).

You sir, deserve a medal, (and I am not just saying that because you are a fellow canadian either).

My only question now is...whats next?

PS:I figured out the whole cache thing, thanks for everyones help. One needs only to erase the navdist and time files, as mentioned above. However, does this need to be done each time a different mod is played?

Thanks again,
    G
    If you 1st clear the vanilla cache (backing up,of course), then load the mod, you can then cut/paste the navaldist & time files from the vanilla cache into the mod's mapcache. When I did this, all the mods I've got seem to work, & I haven't had to worry about it since. It's once-only per mod. (Remember, when you do this, the nd & time files are right for the map you just loaded, even though they're in the vanilla cache. They won't work for vanilla. That's why you backup.)
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

ohhhhkay....

so, back up the files first, (a rather crucial step and no one mentioned backing anything up).

I assumed, these would be regenerated, when needed (when going back to vanilla, or a different mod.

I suppose they still will, but it would save time when loading up the game, yes?

G
    (thought i had it straight, then not, then again, and backed to confused) heh

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Austria has the same exact national colors as Great Britian.

I like GB having dark red. So I would ask can you change Austria's national colors to something else?
    In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except EU3 and a really awesome mod to go with it. Thanks lukew and contributors.

I never had much of a tolerance for rebels or revolutionaries.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Beneath the oldest city of the Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenceslaus II View Post
    Austria has the same exact national colors as Great Britian.

I like GB having dark red. So I would ask can you change Austria's national colors to something else?
    eh? the colors are very diffrent in my eyes...
    Completed games:
    1. Bi Weekly Game I as Portugal (first IN MP game ever to finish)
    2. Bi Weekly Game II as Netherlands (second IN MP game ever to finish)

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

martijn-v-d(AT)hotmail.com

Blog Entries
    They have the same colours as they did in 1.3...

Get it HERE!

I've just gotten to the colonial era...man, you really went to town on colonial revolters. South Carolina just swallowed up a westernised Creek and Cherokee, and South America is getting torn up into countries I've never even heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiax View Post
    I've just gotten to the colonial era...man, you really went to town on colonial revolters. South Carolina just swallowed up a westernised Creek and Cherokee, and South America is getting torn up into countries I've never even heard of.
    yea, in my games, South America is often almost completly non europeon controlled. But ive never seen a USA, Austrailia or Canada. Ive seen: Virginia, Louisiana, New Foundland, and a few other canadian minors but never a full USA or Canada. As for Austrailia i suggest adding "immaginary" coutnries, id like to see sepereate Austrailian countires perhaps like: Republic of Sydney or somtin along those lines

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 122 147 ... LastLast