+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 170 FirstFirst ... 19 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 69 94 119 144 ... LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    3.12 UPDATE!

New 3.1 compatable version with bug fixes is available here
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I have a short question about the mod. I tried it yesterday for the first time. I mentioned, that all new provinces are named "Vättern". What´s the reason for this?

And some of the provinces (e.g. Shetlands / Thorshavn) are named "x".
    Last edited by Delta187; 24-09-2008 at 11:09.

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    v3.12 will be have a little bit of new content, simply because aenariel sent me some new islands so I decided to include them. I also added a simple decision to form Austria-Hungary.

Ooh, where are they? And do you intend on fixing up India, in particular giving them little enclave provinces like MEIOU?

EDIT: Aaah!! There are so many!
    Last edited by The Patrician; 24-09-2008 at 09:06.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta187
    I have a short question about the mod. I tried it yesterday for the first time. I mentioned, that all new provinces are named "Vättern". What´s the reason for this?

And some of the provinces (e.g. Shetlands / Thorshavn) are named "x".
    What language are you playing in?

The Patrician: I'll post a list later. I'm in a rush now

Get it HERE!

i had that bug once with na+wwm.
    i cant remember now, but i think i played a denglish version ^^

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Beneath the oldest city of the Netherlands
    heres a little comment:

it has:

Batavian republic
    new flag for the netherlands (prince of orange flag as it was historically)
    French kingdom (the after medieval more centralised one with new blanc fleur de lis im not sure wether i correctly changed the sliders but i think so)
    French Republic(unfinished its missing the ruler history)
    France (the medieval one with new fleur de lis flag)
    Rev france (not sure what i changed there but its included)
    Wallonia (possible break away nation of belgium)
    Turkey (im gonna make a decision for this as well as a revolutionary event chain similar to french).

im gonna keep trying to release bits of content from now on every wednesday but i wil require that cookie
    Completed games:
    1. Bi Weekly Game I as Portugal (first IN MP game ever to finish)
    2. Bi Weekly Game II as Netherlands (second IN MP game ever to finish)

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

martijn-v-d(AT)hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty
    this is my proposal: keep in mind that i did not check the historical names, i took present day data.

If the goal is to ready the map for expansion backwards to 1200, I'd suggest a couple tweaks.

Based on this map, and historical research... http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histo..._1138_1254.jpg

1. Add Amalfi (from Campania and Basilicata). In 1200 the city was much less important than it was 200 years before, but it was still a trading center of regional importance, which is more than you could say for some of the German HRE minors in Vanilla... (Pisa should control the province, with the nation of Amalfi as a revolter; Pisa had taken control just 60 years earlier.)

2. Add Benevento, carved from the central area between Campania, Apulia, and Molise. Benevento was a Papal territory and the seat of the Pope's temporal power in southern Italy. (Should be controlled by the Papal State until Italian unification, with a brief interruption courtesy of Napoleon.)

3. Add Lucca, basically from Modena's coast. Lucca was of rising importance in 1200 and rivaled Florence in power in the late 1300s.

4. Add a province for Pavia, somehow. (On the map I drew, Milan and Bergamo are combined and the southern border of that province is moved northward.) Pavia was a very important city and rival to Milan from the 1200s to the late 1500s. (Independent from game start until Napoleon, briefly controlled by him, independent again from 1815 until 1847 when it was annexed by Tuscany until Italian unification.)

Just my $0.02.

Hafte;

I believe I understand the reason for provinces being visible to various nations in your mod for v1.3. It is because there are 2 and sometimes 3 provinces using the same province number. (1 or 2 new provinces using the same prov number as an original province).

Can I fix this by assigning all the new provinces a different number? In other words, can I just reassign them an unused number?

Also, is there a history/provinces folder from a newer version of your mod that will work for v1.3? If so, I can simply overwrite that one folder with the province documents from the newer mod.

PLEASE, help me fix this. Just tell me what files I need to mod and what I need to do.

Regards,
    Eikinskjaldi

Blog Entries
    Here's the list of islands from aenariel's changelog:
    Code:
    ****21/9/2008*****
    - Separated Tobago and Margarita from their current provinces (Trinidad and Cumana, respectively).
    - Redrawn the Caribbean almost completely.
    - Added several islands to the eastern caribbean (Montserrat, Barbuda, Nevis, Tortola).
    - Added San Andrés off the coast of Nicaragua.
    - Added Mafia south of Zanzibar.
    - Added Laccadive Islands off eastern India (north of Maldives).
    - Added several islands off eastern Sumatra (Mantawai, Simeulue, Nias, and Batu Islands, and some redesigning).
    - Added Christmas and Cocos Islands (Indian Ocean).
    - Added Palau west of Phillipines.
    - Added Yap near Palau.
    - Separated Saipan and Tinian from Guam.
    - Added Galapagos off Ecuatorian coast.
    - Added Juan Fernandez Islands west of Chile.
    - Added the Easter Island on the mid Pacific.
    - Added Fernando Noronha (Northeast of Brazil).
    - Added Trindade (east of Brazil).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eikinskjaldi
    I believe I understand the reason for provinces being visible to various nations in your mod for v1.3. It is because there are 2 and sometimes 3 provinces using the same province number. (1 or 2 new provinces using the same prov number as an original province).

Can I fix this by assigning all the new provinces a different number? In other words, can I just reassign them an unused number?

Also, is there a history/provinces folder from a newer version of your mod that will work for v1.3? If so, I can simply overwrite that one folder with the province documents from the newer mod.

PLEASE, help me fix this. Just tell me what files I need to mod and what I need to do.
    Here's something to try: Go to the vanilla History folder and copy EVERYTHING in it into the WWM history directory, EXCEPT for the provinces with the same province numbers as the ones already there. Then open WholeWorld.mod with notepad or any other text editor, and change extend = "history" to replace = "history".

Get it HERE!

Is there still a link to 3.0? I messed up something in the mod so I tried to reinstall it and my saves don't work the same way in the new version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RBM11
    Is there still a link to 3.0? I messed up something in the mod so I tried to reinstall it and my saves don't work the same way in the new version.
    Third link down.

Get it HERE!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    What language are you playing in?
    I´m playing with German language!

hafte where is my cookie!
    Completed games:

Ok seriously, who reads these things anyway, I have played more games then your grandmother is old in years.

"Do not inflict every thinkable evil on your enemies, for they may be your allies at a later time."

Blog Entries

I'll give you the last piece when you tell me what to do with those files you sent me!!!

Get it HERE!

those are countries, you can decide yourself to put them in or not, they are practically done the only thing you have to do is replace any files and add text to the localisation/countries.txt

im still figuring out what to do with france exactly and i will be delivering dutch prov history next week, during napoleonic times the netherlands becomes the batavian republic and that also requires fixing some other minor issues.

wallonia, you could just give them cores on any wallonian culture prov they arent really necessary just a break away. also i will try to make some decision on turkey. and i also request you replace the NED flag with the one i supplied.
    Completed games:

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hey guys I just made two national decisions for this mod regarding Sardinia.
    The first one allows you to form Sardinia-Piedmont if you are Savoy and own the two Sardinian provices (no need for cores). The second one allows you to restore the Kingdom of Sardinia (basically, changing your tag), if Sardinia doesn't exist, you are not Savoy, you are a monarchy (after all, it is the Kingdom of Sardinia), and you own and have cores on both Sardinian provinces.

Since both countries already exist in the game, there is no need for adding tags, flags, or countries. Simply add the text file in the /decisions folder of the Whole World Mod.

For Hafte: If you want to include this in the next version of the WWM, these could be the decision descriptions:
    For Sardinia-Piedmont: "Now that we own the island of Sardinia, we can declare ourselves rightful rulers of Savoy and Sardinia. Praise the new nation of Sardinia-Piedmont!"
    For the Kingdom of Sardinia: "The Kingdom of Sardinia no longer exists, but we, as rightful owners of the island, can now restore. Let the new Kingdom of Sardinia rise again!
    Attached Files
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions

AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2

Blog Entries
    Hey Hafte, what tools so yo use to mod the map (and where can I get them)?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I should imagine he uses photoshop or the like, no? You can use Paint.net, a free tool where as photoshop for the latest edition is something like $600, both function more or less the same. Other than that, all you need is a text editor. If you check the EUIII wiki, there's a useful guide on modding the map, it's pretty much the same for a new map or just a revision.
    Even an ignorant, paranoid, cowardly, ugly, corrupt, unsociable, aristocratic thug can conquer large parts of the world, kill thousands of people and be celebrated as the saviour of the Republic.

what i use: paint and notepad. thats all the modder needs not sure what hafte uses though.
    Completed games:

Blog Entries
    Don't you need a .dds viewer or somesuch, or does pain.net already come with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 170 FirstFirst ... 19 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 69 94 119 144 ... LastLast