+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65 90 115 140 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbad2010 View Post
    Wow it's been this long and they still did not fix it
    It's taking a while yes, but at least work is being done, which cannot be said of the other mods

I personally hope there will be a new test version out soon! I've been waiting for half a year on it, some people even longer.

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow it's been this long and they still did not fix it (
    The DW version is just around the corner, so it's not a high priority.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Have you guys considered a donations link or something to show support to you? That way you might get something more out of it and could work on the project a bit more. I'd sure like to help, both in terms of donations as in actual modding.

I don't have much modding experience though, I'd probably have to look up some stuff. I use already programmed modding tools, no idea where to start on actually making those. Oh and I do some xml/text file editing. The only advanced thing I can do is real-time memory editing, but somehow that doesn't seem useful in a mod.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

10 months and still nothing
    "For those who want to live,let them fight,and for those who don't want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live"

At this point I'm not even going to rage. All I want is a map that works. Don't need any of the expanded timeline fluff type events and such. I can make those myself. All I and I think a lot of others want is a map where we can fully use the whole world, just as the mod states.

I dont need post 1821, that's what I bought Vicky2 for. Not trying to be a jerk, just tired of waiting on the primary purpose of this mod (the map) to be spliced together. Pretty much everything in terms of events/history/etc can be copypasta'd into it's proper folders/txt files. I mod pretty much everything from my own pdox titles (EU/Vicky/HoI) anyhow.

Just would be nice if someone who knew the route to mod the map files properly would do so. A 1 year wait without any fixes/updates is a bit sad for a forum endorsed mod.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by toilet View Post
    The DW version is just around the corner, so it's not a high priority.
    Dude did you hear what alex said 10 months and nonething I think they might have given up

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Dude did you hear what alex said 10 months and nonething I think they might have given up
    I'm on the team. All of us lead busy lives, and noone have given up.

Like I have repeatedly said, the first public beta will be released once land positions are done. Hafte is working on them when he has time.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

its a hobby mod made by someone who is going to uni, stop treating them like a business and being disrespectful to the fact there sharing there work with you at all. I love wwm and check this forum every day eager for it too, but i understand they don't have to live and breathe this mod while they have important life events going on

as for the working map, you can always just use the one he did release for DW earlier and strip the features if you claim that's all you want, the older map is already in working order, its just the other files that cause bugs in that version

I'm on the team. All of us lead busy lives, and noone have given up.

Like I have repeatedly said, the first public beta will be released once land positions are done. Hafte is working on them when he has time.
    Is it anyway possible to do this with several people at once? Or is it nearly done? I'd love to help out, and I'm sure there are ways to learn it quickly, it's usually not that hard to mod, just time consuming.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by CompactDisc View Post
    Is it anyway possible to do this with several people at once? Or is it nearly done? I'd love to help out, and I'm sure there are ways to learn it quickly, it's usually not that hard to mod, just time consuming.
    Not really, since all the positions are in a single file. And with 3000+ provinces, it takes a while.

But thanks for the offer, you can apply at http://wholeworldeuiii.prophpbb.com/, if you want to help out.

Not really, since all the positions are in a single file. And with 3000+ provinces, it takes a while.

But thanks for the offer, you can apply at http://wholeworldeuiii.prophpbb.com/, if you want to help out.
    Actually, I will do, expect an app in a few minutes But can't you edit part of the file at once? I assume it's just a large text file basically, so what if you just copy edited parts into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkavah View Post
    its a hobby mod made by someone who is going to uni, stop treating them like a business and being disrespectful to the fact there sharing there work with you at all. I love wwm and check this forum every day eager for it too, but i understand they don't have to live and breathe this mod while they have important life events going on

as for the working map, you can always just use the one he did release for DW earlier and strip the features if you claim that's all you want, the older map is already in working order, its just the other files that cause bugs in that version
    That's fantastic. I want to apologize for the crass post, had it crash several times in multiple scenario attempts, and was more bummed out than anything. What is it other than the map that is causing problems? I know the process in terms of essentially everything moddable excluding map modding, (more due to not wanting to mess it up badly, lol) and likewise would like to help if it helps get a newer release out quicker. I've been following this mod for a while now, the lack of updates is what suprises me more than anything given how active the mod team was beforehand.

Anyhow, I'll scour the thread to find the modded DW map files.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by CompactDisc View Post
    Actually, I will do, expect an app in a few minutes But can't you edit part of the file at once? I assume it's just a large text file basically, so what if you just copy edited parts into it?
    The positions file in the current internally released version is 93239 lines long. Coordinating the editting of that is really quite a challenge.

The issue is mostly that we have been adding ever more provinces as we went along, so it was decided to finish the positions.txt once we were satisfied with the provinces.

The positions file in the current internally released version is 93239 lines long. Coordinating the editting of that is really quite a challenge.
    I see how that could be a problem, but I'm used to group-coordinating stuff like that for school (programming/datamanagement), so I suppose it is possible, but I think time is better spent on improving the rest so the result looks better than it would otherwise.
    The issue is mostly that we have been adding ever more provinces as we went along, so it was decided to finish the positions.txt once we were satisfied with the provinces.
    I would have kept the positions for last myself too, it's better than having to change several provinces every time you add one. Again, while programming, you notice things like that clog up the entire production line.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

nvm I will just download DW 5.1 beta I should have done that just now Lol

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

one thing that interests me about cloud storage is its possibility for co-development, if it allows live file editing by multiple parties, wonder if you can look into that for help? (not alot of explanation., but i just had operation on my hand so cant type well)

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Merkavah View Post
    one thing that interests me about cloud storage is its possibility for co-development, if it allows live file editing by multiple parties, wonder if you can look into that for help? (not alot of explanation., but i just had operation on my hand so cant type well)
    We have discussed using an FTP-server, but we decided against it. We all have our assigned areas anyhow, and simply share our files when we are done. So an FTP-server is simply a layer of complexity that does not add enough of a benefit to make it worthwhile.

We have discussed using an FTP-server, but we decided against it. We all have our assigned areas anyhow, and simply share our files when we are done. So an FTP-server is simply a layer of complexity that does not add enough of a benefit to make it worthwhile.
    If anything you should probably be using some form of version control. I'd suggest using SVN or GIT. https://github.com/ or http://code.google.com

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Im cheering for you guys keep up the good work

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

I, too, am cheering for you guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65 90 115 140 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast