+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 47 72 97 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Quote Originally Posted by Venizia View Post
    Every time I try downloading version 3.1, I get a message from my firewall that a trojan was blocked. Is this supposed to happen?
    Glad someone else has this problem. Well, not glad, but you know what I mean.

Love the map - one question though: when you create the HttT version can you release just the map like you did for previous versions? Wife won't let me get HttT until after Christmas - so I guess I've got time to wait

I am using one of the older maps right now with the latest version of IN - it doesn't calculate colonial distances right (deleting the cache didn't fix it) - still foolin' with it to try and figure it out. Time to establish colony anywhere in the world is 801 days. Any ideas? I'm using the basic version you published back in April.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Clearing the cache should work...
    Make sure you clear the WWM cache, and the vanilla cache.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Tried that too. Not sure exactly what is causing it at this point. I named a few of the provinces you left unnamed in the .csv file - but only to match them to the province/history files so it quit saying PROV2007 or whatever on the map. COuld that have done it? Doesn't seem like it would've. The only other change i made was creating a new country. Going to try and remove the country next to see if that fixes the problem, but it seems that it wouldn've have any direct effect on the paths/distances or anything.

Kinda odd - could it just be an issue with the older version interfacing with the newer version of IN? I just got back from Iraq and pretty much went right back to playing after d/loading the latest updates.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    The only things that can affect the cache are in the map folder, so adding countries and changing localization should have no effect. Different versions could cause problems, but I've never heard of this particular problem before. Does this problem occur with other versions of WWM?

Get it HERE!

Well - I was able to fix it; I had to delete the changes to the localisation file. I don't know that the file itself was the problem or not; is there any chance that if I mis-spelled a province that the system may have gotten confused calculating distances?

At any rate, appreciate the help.

I stand corrected... the problem was not fixed. This is a bit weird and might not belong here, so if so let me know and I'll move to a different thread.

If I play one of the traditional countries, colonial distances calculate correctly.

If I play either my added country or the modified country colonial distances are 801 days regardless of range. The modified country is Armenia - all I did was allow them to exist as an independant state with 4 provinces effective the start of the game.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I don't have much hair left to be pulling out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plustaticman View Post
    I stand corrected... the problem was not fixed. This is a bit weird and might not belong here, so if so let me know and I'll move to a different thread.

If I play one of the traditional countries, colonial distances calculate correctly.

If I play either my added country or the modified country colonial distances are 801 days regardless of range. The modified country is Armenia - all I did was allow them to exist as an independant state with 4 provinces effective the start of the game.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I don't have much hair left to be pulling out.
    Do they have any ports?

Get it HERE!

Blog Entries
    Version 4.0 for HttT posted!

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Do they have any ports?
    Yeah - they do. Weird isn't it?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Version 4.0 for HttT posted!
    Hurray!
    "Regard your soldiers as your children
    And they will follow you into the deepest valleys
    Look on them as your own beloved sons
    And they will stand by you even unto death"

- Sun Tzu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plustaticman View Post
    Yeah - they do. Weird isn't it?
    Let's move this to a different thread...

Get it HERE!

No problem. Created a new thread in User Modifications - "Issues with my MOD - Colony Distances for created countries".

Again, I appreciate your help.

Wich are the major provincial changes for the next version?
    So far i have heard about Iberia and France.

Please consider removing or merging provinces for balancing aswell as adding new, please. To many provinces are just slowing stuff down.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Where do I install the mod if I have the game on steam? The HTTT verison....?

Quote Originally Posted by westerberg View Post
    Where do I install the mod if I have the game on steam? The HTTT verison....?
    put it in the mods folder of steam apps -> common -> EU3 use the EU3 launcher in there to select WWM.

Anyway you can implement the last names from HTTT to WWM? Shouldn't it just take a copy paste of a certain file to overwrite some leaders?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishPatriot View Post
    Wich are the major provincial changes for the next version?
    So far i have heard about Iberia and France.

Please consider removing or merging provinces for balancing aswell as adding new, please. To many provinces are just slowing stuff down.
    Some provinces will be merged (Greek islands), and I'm trying to keep the number of new provinces down, but other people want more and more!!! There are no new provinces in 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Anyway you can implement the last names from HTTT to WWM? Shouldn't it just take a copy paste of a certain file to overwrite some leaders?
    There are 857 country history files.

Get it HERE!

Some provinces will be merged (Greek islands), and I'm trying to keep the number of new provinces down, but other people want more and more!!! There are no new provinces in 4.0.

There are 857 country history files.

Isn't there a way to extract certain things from one file to another? Like extracting the complete family names from HTTT to your WWM 4.0.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Taking names from one file and putting them into another is not difficult. It's just the sheer amount of files he has to go through. So, will take some time. I believe 4.0 is a simple version without everything fully put together, but something to enjoy while he gets WWM fully working with HTTT.

As a side note, I do prefer to keep new provinces down to a minimum now. It's just slowing things down so much. Maybe spend the next few updates on refining city and unit positions, borders, etc. We do not want to overload one area with provinces as it may unbalance the game.

I really like what was done with Great Britain. Scotland is a little tougher due to the increased provinces and not able to be vassalized immediately, I like that. Ireland is my dynamic now and potential for fun.

I'd personally like to see Italy toned down a little bit, but that is my own personal taste. Overall, I think the map currently is great, but could use some refinements. As well, and province too small to graphically hold a unit and a city should be reshaped or merged with another province.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 47 72 97 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 147 ... LastLast