+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25 50 75 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 125 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Yes, there is a different version of each of these cultures in each major European culture group, so that when the culture changes, they will still be in the same group as you (No Castillian to English-American just because of geographical location!).
    So is this a confirmation that there will be new colonial cultures which will appear from European ones in the colonized world, somewhat similar to MMP? If so, this is actually one of the things that I really liked about MMP, definitely a good idea, but could you elaborate a little more about it (how it will work, what cultures there are, etc.)??

I have all kinds of problems caused by cores staying. For example, in one game, I went from Milan->Italy->Roman Empire->European Union and I'd constantly be getting Milanese rebels in all these rich provinces. A country revolting out of a country that it became is just weird.

As well, one time as Germany I was looking through my provinces and I saw one province that when I later checked in the save file had TWENTY cores on it!

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ABosnian View Post
    So is this a confirmation that there will be new colonial cultures which will appear from European ones in the colonized world, somewhat similar to MMP? If so, this is actually one of the things that I really liked about MMP, definitely a good idea, but could you elaborate a little more about it (how it will work, what cultures there are, etc.)??
    I didn't even know there was something like this in MMP.

Basically, the way it works right now is very simple, and I will elaborate on it later. Currently, all the major European culture groups get a colonial culture for Africa, Oceania, and the Americas, with special cases for places like Canada (British), Quebec (French), and Brazil (Iberian). There are events similar to the religious spread events that cause these cultures to spread in the new world after 1700.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by metanerd3ooo View Post
    I have all kinds of problems caused by cores staying. For example, in one game, I went from Milan->Italy->Roman Empire->European Union and I'd constantly be getting Milanese rebels in all these rich provinces. A country revolting out of a country that it became is just weird.

As well, one time as Germany I was looking through my provinces and I saw one province that when I later checked in the save file had TWENTY cores on it!
    I wholeheartedly agree, this is like Grenada reappearing post-1492 when their royalty was exiled and all the Muslims forced out or forced to convert, it doesn't make much sense.

I didn't even know there was something like this in MMP.

Basically, the way it works right now is very simple, and I will elaborate on it later. Currently, all the major European culture groups get a colonial culture for Africa, Oceania, and the Americas, with special cases for places like Canada (British), Quebec (French), and Brazil (Iberian). There are events similar to the religious spread events that cause these cultures to spread in the new world after 1700.
    You didn't? Lol, great minds think alike...

Theirs' is somewhat similar but I guess you can download the mod and see for yourself. Do you plan to extend this to all cultures, or will this just be a European phenomenon?

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    I'm a bit confused by this new system, does this mean if i'm playing as England and i colonise Manhattan, the culture would be American and not English?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    I wholeheartedly agree, this is like Grenada reappearing post-1492 when their royalty was exiled and all the Muslims forced out or forced to convert, it doesn't make much sense.

You didn't? Lol, great minds think alike...

Theirs' is somewhat similar but I guess you can download the mod and see for yourself. Do you plan to extend this to all cultures, or will this just be a European phenomenon?
    I don't know if I'll bother extending it to all cultures, since there are some small culture groups that are very unlikely to colonize, but I'll extend it to some major ones, like East Asian, since a player Japan is likely to colonize.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    I'm a bit confused by this new system, does this mean if i'm playing as England and i colonise Manhattan, the culture would be American and not English?
    If one of your colonial provinces is English, then after the year 1700 there is a chance that an event converting the culture will happen. Provinces adjacent to a converted province have a much higher chance of also being converted, so it will spread rapidly.

Get it HERE!

I don't know if I'll bother extending it to all cultures, since there are some small culture groups that are very unlikely to colonize, but I'll extend it to some major ones, like East Asian, since a player Japan is likely to colonize.
    Makes sense historically, but with a player, anything can happen. Maybe later on then...

If one of your colonial provinces is English, then after the year 1700 there is a chance that an event converting the culture will happen. Provinces adjacent to a converted province have a much higher chance of also being converted, so it will spread rapidly.
    Since we're both Canadians, any thoughts on Patriot/Loyalist events surrounding the American revolution and the culture conversion or something of the sort, might be kind of cool.

Blog Entries
    Since we're both Canadians, any thoughts on Patriot/Loyalist events surrounding the American revolution and the culture conversion or something of the sort, might be kind of cool.
    It's a must! Loyalism is genetic!

Get it HERE!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

@Hafte

Is it possible you can give a short hint for each line in the newculturescolonial-localisation-file for what each culture stands? E.g. Afrikaans = dutch African

The cultures are confusing me.
    E.G.: What is the difference between "Americano" and "Latin-American"?
    or is "Afrikan" a fault and means "African"?

Would be a great help...

And one more: In the "newnations"-file, line 13: "haida". There are a lot of ":" ! Should they be ";" ?

isn't Afrikan, what the mainly dutch colonists called them self?
    VENI VIDI VOMO

Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Equester View Post
    isn't Afrikan, what the mainly dutch colonists called them self?
    There is also "Afrikaan". I think this is the dutch one....

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Delta187 View Post
    There is also "Afrikaan". I think this is the dutch one....

Afrikan sounds strangely German to me for some reason, don't know why...

And the correct term for a Dutch African colonist could be either Afrikaner or Afrikaans, i think the former is singular and the latter plural, so my suggestion would be to go with Afrikaans.

Ok so, as promised, I made the bug fix for WWM 3.2's cot crash less complicating.

(unzip package ofcourse)

The following installer will do everything automatically, provided you steer it to the correct path.

By default the path is

"C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Europa Universalis 3\mod\WholeWorld"

if your game is installed elsewhere, please adjust the path given.

the WholeWorld folder, has to be the place where it installs into.

This fixed worked with my version of it, but im not giving any guarantees it will work with your version.

Legal note: This file is not to be distributed to persons who do not legally own the game. Persons trying to contact the disclaimer which do not legally own the game, will not receive any support. Any who do own the game, ofcourse will receive support to the extend of my knowledge.

Hafte is free to decide wether he wants to place this file on his filefront, but i do not own one, and i dont want to give the pirates something they dont deserve. It is however Hafte's decision.

If in the unlikely event i delete this file in the future, i will contact Hafte to place it on his filefront nontheless.
    Last edited by MonMarty; 04-10-2009 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Afrikan sounds strangely German to me for some reason, don't know why...

And the correct term for a Dutch African colonist could be either Afrikaner or Afrikaans, i think the former is singular and the latter plural, so my suggestion would be to go with Afrikaans.
    Afrikaans is the south african adjective as well as the term for their language and Afrikaner is the south african inhabitant.

Afrikaans is also the normal dutch adjective for african, and afrikaan is the normal dutch term for a native from Africa.
    Last edited by MonMarty; 28-05-2009 at 17:38.

Blog Entries
    @Hafte

Is it possible you can give a short hint for each line in the newculturescolonial-localisation-file for what each culture stands? E.g. Afrikaans = dutch African

The cultures are confusing me.
    E.G.: What is the difference between "Americano" and "Latin-American"?
    or is "Afrikan" a fault and means "African"?

Would be a great help...
    Here are the relevant culture groups:
    Code:
    germanic = {
    	union = GER
    	pommeranian =  {
    		primary = POM
    	}
    	prussian = {
    		primary = PRU
    	}
    	hannoverian = {
    		primary = HAN
    	}
    	hessian = {
    		primary = HES
    	}
    	saxon = {
    		primary = SAX
    	}
    	rheinlaender = {
    		primary = SWI
    	}
    	bavarian = {
    		primary = BAV
    	}
    	#colonial
    	afrikan = {
    	}
    	amerikan = {
    	}
    	ozeanien = {
    	}
    }
    lowland = {
    	union = NED
    	dutch = {
    		primary = HOL
    	}
    	flemish = {
    		primary = FLA
    	}
    	wallonian = {
    		primary = WLN
    	}
    	frisian = {
    		primary = FRI
    	}
    	#colonial
    	afrikaans = {
    		primary = SRP
    	}
    	amerikaans = {
    	}
    	oceanie = {
    	}
    }
    scandinavian = {
    	union = SCA
    	swedish = {
    		primary = SWE
    	}
    	danish = {
    		primary = DAN
    	}
    	norwegian = {
    		primary = NOR
    	}
    	icelandic = {
    		primary = ICE
    	}
    	#colonial
    	afrikansk = {
    	}
    	amerikansk = {
    	}
    	oceanien_sc = {
    	}
    }

british	= {
    	union = GBR
    	english = {
    		primary = ENG
    	}
    	scottish = {
    		primary = SCO
    	}
    	#colonial
    	anglo_african = {
    		primary = SAF
    	}
    	american = {
    		primary = USA
    	}
    	canadian = {
    		primary = CAN
    	}
    	australian = {
    		primary = AUS
    	}
    }

latin = {
    	union = ITA
    	ligurian = {
    		primary = GEN
    	}
    	lombard = {
    		primary = MLO
    	}
    	venetian = {
    		primary = VEN
    	}
    	tuscan = {
    		primary = TUS
    	}
    	umbrian = {
    		primary = URB
    	}
    	neapolitan = {
    		primary = NAP
    	}
    	sardinian = { 
    		primary = SAR 
    	} 
    	sicilian = {
    		primary = SIC
    	}
    	#colonial
    	africano = {
    	}
    	americano = {
    	}
    	oceaniano = {
    	}
    }

iberian	= {
    	union = SPA
    	castillian = {
    		primary = CAS
    	}
    	catalan = {
    		primary = ARA
    	}
    	galician = {
    		primary = GAL
    	}
    	andalucian = {
    		primary = GRA
    	}
    	portugese = {
    		primary = POR
    	}
    	maltese = {
    		primary = MLT
    	}
    	#colonial
    	africana = {
    	}
    	brazilian = {
    		primary = BRZ
    	}
    	latin_american = {
    		primary = MEX
    	}
    	oceania = {
    	}
    }

french	= {
    	union = FRA
    	cosmopolitan_french = {
    		primary = FRA
    	}
    	gascon = {
    		primary = AMG
    	}
    	normand = {
    		primary = NRM
    	}
    	aquitaine = {
    		primary = TOU
    	}
    	burgundian = {
    		primary = BUR
    	}
    	occitain = {
    		primary = PRO
    	}
    	#colonial
    	africain = {
    	}
    	quebecois = {
    		primary = QUE
    	}
    	americain = {
    	}
    	oceanien_fr = {
    	}
    }

And one more: In the "newnations"-file, line 13: "haida". There are a lot of ":" ! Should they be ";" ?
    Yes, that must be a typo.

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty View Post
    Afrikaans is the south african adjective as well as the term for their language and Afrikaner is the south african inhabitant.

Afrikaans is also the normal dutch adjective for african, and afrikaan is the normal dutch term for a native from Africa.
    So which do you recommend we use? I actually quite like the idea of using Afrikaans since that's the way the Chinese Minorities are split up (By language). But if Afrikaner is the more correct term in the Dutch language (and if my memory serves me right) what should we call the German-African Colonial group?

Captain
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2

Keeps crashing

Downloaded with this:
    http://files.filefront.com/WWM313Win.../fileinfo.html
    (trying on Windows Vista 64bit)
    Game crashes on initializing (flags I think). Errors in system_error.log:
    Clausewitz Error[persistent.cpp:48]: Error: "Unexpected token: *, near line: 16
    " in file: "mod\WholeWorld\history\Countries\mrh - maranhao.txt".
    " in file: "mod\WholeWorld\history\Countries\pra - praieira.txt".

Any guesses?
    Basic version (map changes only) works but I think that map is not recent, right?

EDIT: Sorry for wrong thread. Will put into bugs.
    Last edited by llib; 28-05-2009 at 20:34. Reason: EDIT: Sorry for wrong thread. Will put into bugs.

Go into the files mentioned in the error log and paste the first 20 lines here.

Here are the relevant culture groups:

Yes, that must be a typo.
    @Hafte

I think in "newculturescolonial"-file the "American" from the british culture is missing.
    There are only anglo-african, canadian and australian!

I have finished the files. Here you can see:

Oh. I forgot.
    You can send me new one´s every time you have finshed a file....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25 50 75 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 125 150 ... LastLast