+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 100 125 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dharper View Post
    They actually introduced that change primarily for modders, since it makes the addition of new provinces so much simpler. Modding the map is now a breeze compared to how difficult it was in 1.3 - it takes less time and the chance of a crippling error is a lot less. I'm quite happy with the change.
    I remember the pain and suffering I went through to make the original 190 provinces for WWM. The renumbering still causes problems sometimes, and I'm glad I don't have to go through that again.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

I was just looking at a thread on the forum and must ask hehe are you gonna add a port to London in the next version? It deserves to have a port and would make it a really important city in Europe that way! Not that it isn't already but people easilly give it away if they have more provinces elsewhere.... I'd like to see it actually being profitable to keep your capital in Europe rather than move it to America or India to make bundles!
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    Oscar Wilde

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    Unknown Author

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spirto View Post
    I was just looking at a thread on the forum and must ask hehe are you gonna add a port to London in the next version? It deserves to have a port and would make it a really important city in Europe that way! Not that it isn't already but people easilly give it away if they have more provinces elsewhere.... I'd like to see it actually being profitable to keep your capital in Europe rather than move it to America or India to make bundles!
    how will a port help your decision to not move to india?

yeah it would also be cool to say as dutch, i kicked the british ass in the raid of medway which was on the thames, but its impractical because a blokkade on capital gives more WE then blokkade on normal prov

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Here's a post from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by r6mile View Post
    About the flag/coat of arms, the information that I gathered from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Iceland, is that the current in-game flag is the one that was adopted after the establishment of Home Rule in Iceland in 1903:

The one that would be technically more historical would be the one of the Earldom of Iceland, because it was instituted in 1262.

However, around 1500 the orskmerki was introduced, and seeing as the current date is close to that it might be the more plausible one (while not technically the most realistic).

The flag that Mattabesta proposed is the Hvtblinn ("the white-blue"), in use by Icelandic republicans around 1900. Therefore it is also completely anachronistic and unplausible in this case.
    I'm wondering whether I should change the Iceland flag to use the 1262 coat of arms. What do other people think?

Get it HERE!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengoku

I like the 1262 one that would work nicely.

In my game... The lottery winner for china is.... The Chu! Year 1550.

Last edited by Shoobs; 26-01-2009 at 14:06.
    Proud player of WWM ( Latest game is a WC by the Aleutians up in northwest America. )

And Civ Univ. The person who brought the mod back to life ..... but not the person who gave it a new calling and modernizing it - Hafte.

Currently playing Carib in Civ Univ.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoobs View Post
    In my game... The lottery winner for china is.... The Chu! Year 1550.
    Screenshot?

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Here's a post from another thread:
    I'm wondering whether I should change the Iceland flag to use the 1262 coat of arms. What do other people think?
    If you were to change it, the 1262 one would look nicely I think. It would also cover the entire timespan, unlike the republican crosses which would only be good after 1900. Also, the one with the fish looks quite silly to me. But in a contest of which is coolest, I think the 1904 flag (the current in-game flag) wins by far.
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions

AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    I'm pretty sure the AI never sells territories. The province you are describing is probably the new province that was added in that area, so Castille probably colonized it.
    That would explain it, in looking back it does look as if Lisboa was seperated into it's own citystate.

Other things I've noticed, Golden Horde getting CB'ed by many nations, that makes a certain amount of sense, but there are few others that start out CB'ed, Shawnee comes to mind. Is this to allow European nations to get a foothold in the new world?

A second thing, it would appear that the AI does not use certain tools at it's disposal to complete it's missions. Case in point is Sweden who has a mission for close to 50 years now to request a Royal Marriage from me (Pommerania). They won't do it. If that is due to our moderately low relations (ranged from 30 to around 0 now), it would seem it does not use other tools at it's disposal to raise them (ie. gifts & alliance).

Third, as Pommerania I'm getting some odd Exploration related Missions that I have had to cancel just to get on with things. The first was discovering an island in the Pacific, Asia side (have forgotten the name), when I had only recently chosen QFNW and had just gotten as far as Greenland. The second of these was not long after the first for a nation on teh far side of South America. I suppose these could be game default AI and nothing to do with your mod though.

Fixed the ledger crash,

in the map

"mod\WholeWorld\gfx\interface"

place the first attachment

in the map

"mod\WholeWorld\interface"

place the 2nd attachment, and fixed it is!

oh you have to unzip them ofcourse..

the first zip contains one file, the second 2 files.

on a side note, i havent really checked if this changes any of the game stuff. but it shouldnt.

EDIT: i have removed the attachments to this post because people who dont own the game kept bothering me to send it to them over email.

These files can be found in the 3.2 Patch that can be found in the EU3 main section of this forum.

The patch maintains the same hierarchy as the game does, so the files will be quickly found.
    Last edited by MonMarty; 25-04-2009 at 18:54.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nowensone View Post
    Other things I've noticed, Golden Horde getting CB'ed by many nations, that makes a certain amount of sense, but there are few others that start out CB'ed, Shawnee comes to mind. Is this to allow European nations to get a foothold in the new world?
    This is actually a strange bug. It's not serious because every non-Pagan nation already gets CB on Shawnee and every non-Muslim nation gets CB on the Golden Horde, but I have no idea why it gets stated explicitly for everyone.

A second thing, it would appear that the AI does not use certain tools at it's disposal to complete it's missions. Case in point is Sweden who has a mission for close to 50 years now to request a Royal Marriage from me (Pommerania). They won't do it. If that is due to our moderately low relations (ranged from 30 to around 0 now), it would seem it does not use other tools at it's disposal to raise them (ie. gifts & alliance).
    That's an AI thing, so I can't do anything about it...

Third, as Pommerania I'm getting some odd Exploration related Missions that I have had to cancel just to get on with things. The first was discovering an island in the Pacific, Asia side (have forgotten the name), when I had only recently chosen QFNW and had just gotten as far as Greenland. The second of these was not long after the first for a nation on teh far side of South America. I suppose these could be game default AI and nothing to do with your mod though.
    Those missions are in vanilla, so you're probably getting them because you have QftNW.

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

The golde horde CB has (i think atleast) to do with the Hatred around the world thing. You know when reputation is getting to high.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

The Shawnee/Golden Horde CB issue is almost certainly related to their going over their BB limit.

Both are tribal countries, which means they're likely to get this vanilla modifier:
    Code:
    large_tribe_bad_mil = {
    	trigger = {
    		OR = {
    			government = tribal_despotism
    			government = tribal_federation
    			government = tribal_democracy
    		}
    		num_of_cities = 10
    		NOT = { MIL = 7 }
    	}
    	badboy_limit = -20
    }
    Now, the badboy limit for countries is usually a base of 15 (this varies depending on the difficulty level for the player but remains the same for the AI), plus 1 per monarch DIP. But the -20 that most tribals suffer as soon as they reach 10 provinces - right away for the Golden Horde, or after a brief war for the Shawnee - will lower that considerably.

I see that in 1399 the Golden Horde has DIP 4 and MIL 6, so their BB limit is actually 15 (base) + 4 (DIP) -20 (large tribal without MIL 7) = -1. If you start as them, you'll discover that your reputation is "honorable"...but is also 0 out of a limit of -1. That's right, minus one. In other words, you start the game over the BB limit, and there's no way for you to get your BB down until your monarch dies and you get one with higher DIP or MIL or you lose enough provinces so that you only have 9. On the plus side, no matter how many BB points you gain, you'll still count as "honorable", because -400% of your limit is still lower than 10%, when your reputation changes to "slightly tarnished".

My suggestion would be to lower the badboy_limit penalty given in this triggered_modifier to, say, -12. Or just ignore it - it's not hurting anybody, and it might help the tribal nations disintegrate.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 1,100 events and decisions for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.10 Standalone (October 17, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Path of Adventure: A mod like no other
    A procedurally-generated adventure quest for EUIV
    Version 1.7.02 Standalone (September 21, 2014) or Steam Workshop

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: RomeEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty View Post
    Fixed the ledger crash,

in the map

"mod\WholeWorld\gfx\interface"

place the first attachment

in the map

"mod\WholeWorld\interface"

place the 2nd attachment, and fixed it is!

oh you have to unzip them ofcourse..

the first zip contains one file, the second 2 files.

on a side note, i havent really checked if this changes any of the game stuff. but it shouldnt.
    Didn't fix it for me.. I crash on page 14 and the COT page.

this crash is for page 24, ill check page 14 when i have the chance to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dharper View Post
    The Shawnee/Golden Horde CB issue is almost certainly related to their going over their BB limit.

Both are tribal countries, which means they're likely to get this vanilla modifier:
    Code:
    large_tribe_bad_mil = {
    	trigger = {
    		OR = {
    			government = tribal_despotism
    			government = tribal_federation
    			government = tribal_democracy
    		}
    		num_of_cities = 10
    		NOT = { MIL = 7 }
    	}
    	badboy_limit = -20
    }
    Now, the badboy limit for countries is usually a base of 15 (this varies depending on the difficulty level for the player but remains the same for the AI), plus 1 per monarch DIP. But the -20 that most tribals suffer as soon as they reach 10 provinces - right away for the Golden Horde, or after a brief war for the Shawnee - will lower that considerably.

I see that in 1399 the Golden Horde has DIP 4 and MIL 6, so their BB limit is actually 15 (base) + 4 (DIP) -20 (large tribal without MIL 7) = -1. If you start as them, you'll discover that your reputation is "honorable"...but is also 0 out of a limit of -1. That's right, minus one. In other words, you start the game over the BB limit, and there's no way for you to get your BB down until your monarch dies and you get one with higher DIP or MIL or you lose enough provinces so that you only have 9. On the plus side, no matter how many BB points you gain, you'll still count as "honorable", because -400% of your limit is still lower than 10%, when your reputation changes to "slightly tarnished".

My suggestion would be to lower the badboy_limit penalty given in this triggered_modifier to, say, -12. Or just ignore it - it's not hurting anybody, and it might help the tribal nations disintegrate.
    That explains it! Since WWM reduces the BB limit from Vanilla, then it's really easy for this to happen. I'll probably take your suggestion and lower the effect of the triggered modifier by a bit.

Get it HERE!

The links in the OP seem to be mixed up.

ie. The IN full link is the NA version (not sure which one)
    The EU3 link is the IN version (again, not sure which one)
    Not sure about the others

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blue sam3 View Post
    The links in the OP seem to be mixed up.

ie. The IN full link is the NA version (not sure which one)
    The EU3 link is the IN version (again, not sure which one)
    Not sure about the others
    What do you mean? They seem to work for me...

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Now, this is just a hunch, but I think something went wrong after I installed the newest patch to IN and DL'd the newest WWM version. I did get the "fix" files as instructed as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 100 125 150 ... LastLast