+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    So here is the spy action to launch an airstrike on a province

Code:
    air_strike = {
    	cost = 50		
    	difficulty = 3		
    	prestige = 0
    	badboy	= 0 		
    	ai_will_do = {
    		factor = 1
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0
    			NOT = { units_in_province = 5 }
    		}
                    modifier = {
                            factor = 2
                            treasury = 500
                    }
                    modifier = {
                            { units_in_province = 20 }
                    }
    	}
    	trigger = {
    		NOT = { has_province_modifier = "troop_desertions" }
    	        any_tech = 75 # or whatever technology at 1914
            }
    	effect = {
    		add_province_modifier = {
    			name = "air_strike"
    			duration = 10
    		}
    	}
    }
    And the modifier

Code:
     air_strike = {
    	attrition = 15
    	icon = X #don't know the icons from the top of my head
    }
    Last edited by Puppets; 30-10-2008 at 22:14.

Latinia Universalis

A total conversion mod for EU3 IN, taking place in the Roman Era

User Made Nations mod

Create an entire new world for Victoria 2!

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    It needs to be somehow limited to players you're at war with...
    And I'd make it easier, with more drastic effects, but much more expensive.
    And there's still the problem of the spy succeeding and not being discovered...
    "Someone's bombing the city!"
    "Who?"
    "I don't know! Could be anyone!!!"
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    "Who?"
    ...Stealth Bombing and surprise raids anyone?

Fan of the week 12/06/10, Thanks trekaddict!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

"Who?"
    its should prob. crumble manpower in there, hit the income, demolish just about everything that the province does, AND increase your BB at least some bit.

bombing people was never 'nice', no matter in what era.

cheers

-interesting thought btw. ^^;

edit: also, ~maybe~ there could be a small chance of destroying and improvement(a building) in the prov. is that even possible?

maybe it could be made on dice rolls, with chance of causing X status, destroying XXX, and the standard ones that it would always bring(like the MP reduction, or income/etc...)

though... its kind of weird that you 'need' a spy for this. cant this be done through events?
    it would be complex, but im thinking it might be possible.
    Last edited by europolis; 31-10-2008 at 02:33.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin.Gen
    ...Stealth Bombing and surprise raids anyone?
    yesh... its the ultra secret project europe had in the 191x's and no one ever found out about....

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by europolis
    yesh... its the ultra secret project europe had in the 191x's and no one ever found out about....
    That would be funny that the Germans bombed London with Stealth Zeppelins

Fan of the week 12/06/10, Thanks trekaddict!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    On an unrelated topic, who thinks WWM deserves it's own subforum? Even MEIOU has one now! And so far as I can tell, WWM has more players than MEIOU.

Get it HERE!

On an unrelated topic, who thinks WWM deserves it's own subforum? Even MEIOU has one now! And so far as I can tell, WWM has more players than MEIOU.
    we call on every WWM player and fan to serve the cause and do their part in the spamming of the forum so we get our own forum

also arent airstrikes a thing of the second world war? i mean sure there was bombing by small airplanes but that wasnt nearly shown on such a large scale as the second world war, these were usually strategic targets and not cities as a whole.

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty
    we call on every WWM player and fan to serve the cause and do their part in the spamming of the forum so we get our own forum

also arent airstrikes a thing of the second world war? i mean sure there was bombing by small airplanes but that wasnt nearly shown on such a large scale as the second world war, these were usually strategic targets and not cities as a whole.

Agreed. WWI dogfights were primarilly about securing airspace to assist artillery in spotting, and to defend artillery from bombers. AFAIK there was greater damage to cities during this period from naval bombardment then from aircraft.

in all 557 people died of bombings by german zepelins, and the damage is also quite low, the first bombardement costed 4 lives and 7,700 pounds this seems nearly too miniscule to take into account in the war, there are records that argue that the production of a certain town/city was hampered but seeing as the only ones bombarding urban centres were germans and nearly all targets were british, this almost seems negligible.

this is a very useful function IF we extend the game to after WW2, terror bombing and targeting civilian targets became very important in that timeframe.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

And I believe that this is very good, this WWM thread is currently the fastest growing thread in the Modding forums (not including MM ) and has a number of other threads which are also very large in comparison to other modding threads.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t0m
    And I believe that this is very good, this WWM thread is currently the fastest growing thread in the Modding forums (not including MM ) and has a number of other threads which are also very large in comparison to other modding threads.
    So who do we ask?

Get it HERE!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

So who do we ask?
    Why the modding forum moderator or Johan. I'm guessing.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty
    this is a very useful function IF we extend the game to after WW2, terror bombing and targeting civilian targets became very important in that timeframe.

Forum rules Mon, remember them.

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Please don't flame, but can you give me an estimate on the arrival of the newest version?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerflood
    Please don't flame, but can you give me an estimate on the arrival of the newest version?
    This is still unknown, since I'm still quite busy at University. My schedule is unpredictable, but I'm working on it when I can. Sorry that I can't be any more specific. You can expect a lot more progress around Christmas time when classes are out.

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fijj
    Forum rules Mon, remember them.
    i fail to see what your aiming at here

do you read that i am glorifying civilian cruelty and warcrimes?

well im not, i meant to aim at usefull for the historic/strategic correctness of this timeframe. no one can say that these bombardements werent important for the course of war do not mistake i condemn these things, if anyone feels insulted then i apoligize. However its not like i talk from total ignorance since my hometown including my grandparents felt the power of american artillery and the great city next to us was airraided by germans and later leveled to the ground by American bombers, incidentally causing the same amount of casualties the german bombardement of Rotterdam caused, which made the dutch government surrender (next to the other cities Arnhem, Enschede and Deventer which americans also bombed, investigation on this mysterious american bombardement is still ongoing but inconclusive). Some say the dutch government in exile gave permission, americans insist it was a navigational error and ofcourse then we have conspiracy theories... Needless to say, bombardement was a war tool. sad to see the oldest city in the netherlands wiped off the map... this was however a turning point for the front here, germans retreated away from my hometown as americans moved in and stationed at the 100 year old school (which still stands today but is gonna be demolished in 1 year...) as germans retreated to the bombarded city and. After having helped the civilians rescue victims, tried to blow up the bridge crossing the rhine to stall american advance only to be saved by an unknown american soldier that used his life to protect the bridge

anyway im dragging on in my rant and enough history lesson back on topic, this spy mission should only have impact around 1935 and onwards.
    Last edited by MonMarty; 31-10-2008 at 23:35.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    I thought terror bombing and stuff like that was against the rules.

Bombarding infrastructure is pretty legal though, that should be added into the game.

Just like the Swastika, its pretty damn historical, but its illegal.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Is there a blank world map of the mod?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austriavakia
    Is there a blank world map of the mod?
    What do you mean?

Get it HERE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast