+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 72 97 122 147 ... LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

"Originally Posted by Delta187
    @Haftetavenscrap

What have I to do to change the version into German? I would translate all needed words and names. But what files have to be altered?"

Quote Originally Posted by antracer
    Localisation files. Perfect example is the IN patch files, they have English and German. They should give you a good idea of what you're up against...

T
    The original In Nomine files have the German translation.
    Most of the localisation files in Whole World File are almost with German text. There are only some files like the new province names or new events that doesn´t include German translation. I have to write the German text in third row of the lines in the files, right?

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta187
    "Originally Posted by Delta187
    @Haftetavenscrap

What have I to do to change the version into German? I would translate all needed words and names. But what files have to be altered?"

The original In Nomine files have the German translation.
    Most of the localisation files in Whole World File are almost with German text. There are only some files like the new province names or new events that doesn´t include German translation. I have to write the German text in third row of the lines in the files, right?
    That's correct. If you want to skip the other languages, (for files that only contain two), just put two semicolons between the English and the German.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis 3

Haftetavenscrap, would it be ok for me to use the WWM basic version for a mod I'm currently working on for IN 3.1 called Veni Vidi Vici? I would of course mention you as one of the contributors.

Hey Haf, just to let you know - I'm working on updating the history files for the extended timeline. At this point I'm doing the historical monarchs. Any particular areas I should focus on or ignore? What still needs to be looked at as far as province histories?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sebeck
    Haftetavenscrap, would it be ok for me to use the WWM basic version for a mod I'm currently working on for IN 3.1 called Veni Vidi Vici? I would of course mention you as one of the contributors.
    Go right ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Felix the Cat
    Hey Haf, just to let you know - I'm working on updating the history files for the extended timeline. At this point I'm doing the historical monarchs. Any particular areas I should focus on or ignore? What still needs to be looked at as far as province histories?
    Do you mean extending the timeline backward?

Get it HERE!

No... though when that comes I'd be glad to help out there too. At the moment I'm working on the leaders for the current forward extended timeline (early 1800s through 1918) since a lot of them are missing and I got tired of seeing "No Leader" or anachronistic leaders for countries

edit. If you want to create a new History thread that might be helpful since I do have some questions - for example, a lot of European countries are feudal monarchies in the Great War era; is this intentional or should they be changed to their proper governments?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    Here's some preliminary work on Italy. Localization, Positions and some History aren't done yet.
    hey hafte, you should switch napolis for whatever is on top of it.
    and prob, do like Rome->Napoli->Salerno.
    its not too bad that way.

my ultimate suggestion is, check the Crusader Kings/Deus vult map.
    they have a pretty decent province set there, so you'll have everything you need.(plus if you dont have the game, its a great buy atm).

cheers.

hope to see this new release soon.

(oh, and also. PLEASE update the history files on the basic version. i know its not meant to change anything, but at least switch it to 3.1 vanilla.
    right now its 3.0 vanilla i think. -correct me if wrong).

edit: on a side note though, as of right now the province shapes seem kinda strange to me o.O. and Rome is rather small for the great papal dominium isn't it?
    then again i cant really see the lines too fine anyways .

also dont forget this file:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=845
    it was pretty sharp too.
    Last edited by europolis; 01-10-2008 at 22:00.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by europolis
    oh, and also. PLEASE update the history files on the basic version. i know its not meant to change anything, but at least switch it to 3.1 vanilla.
    right now its 3.0 vanilla i think. -correct me if wrong
    I'll post a version of the Basic version with those fixes once I'm done making the new provinces that have been suggested. The Basic version need them too.

And here's the latest maps:

Get it HERE!

i could kiss ya hafte thats how happy i am, i cant wait for the next update.

one small note though, overrijssel and drenthe were provinces owned by the bishopric of Utrecht untill the last bishop sold it to the habsburgs in 1527. This is going to mess a bit with the dutch strategy but it would be nice to have it historically correct. Also texel should be owned by Holland.

i could also suggest you split oldenburg into East Frisia and Oldenburg. Oldenburg is actuallu a very small streched vertical province, not horizontal. East frisia holds some importance to the frysians as well as oldenburg. even today germans still call it Ostfriesland
    Last edited by MonMarty; 03-10-2008 at 10:53.

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Awesome. Awesome to the Max.

Now I really have to cast my eye over India and see what can be done...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very very very nice map of Italy... Who is it that owns Salerno? Oh, and could you post a screenie of the North? I can't read all the names... Thanks
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions

AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

yes i believe the names have been mixed up in the north. of italy

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by r6mile
    Who is it that owns Salerno?
    It is Pisa.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Blog Entries

Get it HERE!

liguria there is supposed to be called Savona and Parma is supposed to be Genova. what is the name of that small country in the back right of milan? i think that is supposed to be parma. also the cot should thus be in the prov called Genova.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

the north of italy looks odd to me , but the south is all too nice ^^;, except maybe for Rome, but i already made a comment on that so, nm.

nice job Hafte!

cheers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty
    liguria there is supposed to be called Savona and Parma is supposed to be Genova. what is the name of that small country in the back right of milan? i think that is supposed to be parma. also the cot should thus be in the prov called Genova.
    I'll make those name changes right away. The country you mentioned is Pavia.

europolis: What do you suggest I do with Rome?

Get it HERE!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Dude, that's sick.

Friesland will now form the netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijj
    Dude, that's sick.

Friesland will now form the netherlands.
    technically they cant form the netherlands, and overrijssel and drenthe are suposed to belong to utrecht and texel to holland, that way friesland only has 2 provs left. on a side note, friesland wouldnt even want to form the netherlands, even today they consither themselves a diffrent country inside the netherlands, where all the other 6 member states of the united states of the netherlands have melted into one.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

I don't really like the Italy, you are messing with the provinces too much, they might be correct, but the way the provinces look when owned at certain times will be weird, the normal version had it perfect throughout the time frame and other than Piedmont, the borders are perfect up to modern times. I would rather have a normal looking country than a "correct" province, also you need to include Parma, it was a significant Italian state from the 18th century and in MonMarty's map it doesn't exist, and that can't do at all, I would rather have a Parma than a Lucca.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 72 97 122 147 ... LastLast