+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 170 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 99 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3396

Thread: *Whole World Mod*

  1. #2461
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodscouterr View Post
    I found a small typo in Spain. Both Valladolid and Castilla La Veja has the capital Valladollid. Might want to fix that.
    There are also alot of positioning errors in the new Castilian provinces.

  2. #2462
    Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishPatriot View Post
    There are also alot of positioning errors in the new Castilian provinces.
    I'll take a look
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

    Get it HERE!

  3. #2463
    Second Lieutenant Sinroth's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Hey, just wondering, this might be different, but I was playing IN 3.3 since I'm a cheap bastard and don't have enough money to go to HTT, and Ngai Tahu had it's own culture seperate from Maori? Just wondering if this was done for gameplay purposes, seeing as they're the same culture as the rest of us, the only difference being that they have a fair number of hapu and had a lot of territory. I thought if you merged Maori/Ngai Tahu, this could leave space for another culture or something? Although I don't really know how it works >.>
    Poland is not yet lost: A narrative AAR for MEIOU v1.3

  4. #2464
    All these new countries make the game about 7 times slower I think.

    I reasoned that every turn, there has to be a check between all nations and this number rises rapidly.

    3 nations, 3 checks
    4 nations, 6 checks
    5 nations, 10 checks
    6 nations, 15 checks
    7 nations, 21 checks

    I used Excel to continue this sequence into 888 (333 vanilla plus 555 wholeworld) and got a really big number.

    393828 for 888 nations
    55278 for 333 nations

    So, if I am correct, in WW mod, a turn takes 7 times longer, assuming the bulk of CPU calculations derive from this process.

    Any chance you might release a "light" version WW without all the unnecessary nations, specially the revolting ones?

  5. #2465
    Quote Originally Posted by DredMorte View Post
    All these new countries make the game about 7 times slower I think.

    I reasoned that every turn, there has to be a check between all nations and this number rises rapidly.

    3 nations, 3 checks
    4 nations, 6 checks
    5 nations, 10 checks
    6 nations, 15 checks
    7 nations, 21 checks

    I used Excel to continue this sequence into 888 (333 vanilla plus 555 wholeworld) and got a really big number.

    393828 for 888 nations
    55278 for 333 nations

    So, if I am correct, in WW mod, a turn takes 7 times longer, assuming the bulk of CPU calculations derive from this process.

    Any chance you might release a "light" version WW without all the unnecessary nations, specially the revolting ones?
    Agreed, in the "WWM Light" the new NA tribes, alot of Australian tribes, some African colonial nations and some NA colonial nations should be removed. If we remove 300 tags it should be much faster. The European nations are great but no one plays all of these 200 native/colonial tags, no one would miss them very much anyway.

  6. #2466
    Not to mention all those revolting nations like Moray, Andalucia, etc.

    I don't see any point in having caribbean revolting nations if my games never reach that far into late game. It game is too slow, even though I have a fine CPu (intel core 2 duo 2.5ghz). Plus, with HTTT, there is a very serious lack of CB's late in game.

  7. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by DredMorte View Post
    Not to mention all those revolting nations like Moray, Andalucia, etc.
    Those nations are important, as they are actually used and often appear in game. Moray has cores on the Gaelic provinces and is the only Gaelic culture country that appears in the beginning of the game. Andalucia is the catholic andalusia, instead of the heathens in Granada.

  8. #2468
    Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    1
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...=451571&page=2

    Quote Originally Posted by DredMorte View Post
    Not to mention all those revolting nations like Moray, Andalucia, etc.

    I don't see any point in having caribbean revolting nations if my games never reach that far into late game. It game is too slow, even though I have a fine CPu (intel core 2 duo 2.5ghz). Plus, with HTTT, there is a very serious lack of CB's late in game.
    Something will definitely be done, but I'm not inclined to remove countries because they "appear too late in the game". Some people play longer games than others, or start at different dates.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

    Get it HERE!

  9. #2469
    Does it mean that all tags slow the game even if they are not present at the moment? If that's the case, sounds like something that should be optimized in the core game, not in the mod.

    But I don't understand why a nation that does not exist at the moment should take CPU time. I thougt that the game only used those non existing nations for revolting patriots, releasing nations and things like that.

  10. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...=451571&page=2

    Something will definitely be done, but I'm not inclined to remove countries because they "appear too late in the game". Some people play longer games than others, or start at different dates.

    You should leave the America, Africa, and some Pacific Ocean Natives.. But get rid of a lot of the Japanese ones and some revolter nations... Like I don't think the ones in Spain or the British Isles are important... Every province capable of revolting? Also you should get rid of the ones that inhabit all of those islands in the Pacific, or atleast make them in a seperate thing for people to download.

  11. #2471
    Major Nukumnehtar's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    You should leave the America, Africa, and some Pacific Ocean Natives.. But get rid of a lot of the Japanese ones and some revolter nations... Like I don't think the ones in Spain or the British Isles are important... Every province capable of revolting? Also you should get rid of the ones that inhabit all of those islands in the Pacific, or atleast make them in a seperate thing for people to download.
    Actually it will be the native nations that will be the first to go in a lite version of WWM because I added a shitload of them in order to try and better portray their great diversity. As for the Pacific island nations, I designed it to show the history of the Tu'i Tongan empire that existed for a long time in the pacific; therefore Tu'i Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Tahiti, Rapanui, and Hawai'i are all needed (the others not so much) to remain in order for this to work. I will also be adding a separate techgroup for them in order for them to get shipbuilding back.

  12. #2472
    Hi Haftetavenscrap!

    First of all, thanks very much for the mod. I tend to go for world conquest, so all those extra provinces are welcome.

    I just downloaded HTTT and version 4 of the mod. Seems to work great.

    I have two minor issues, though.

    1. Current map textures are not a winner for me. It's kinda hard to read the names because of the mountains and trees, and I just don't like the block colors.

    Any chance we can get the original HTTT textures with the WWM? They're a lot clearer IMHO.

    2. The Spanish province named "Andalucia" should really be "Seville". Andalucia (Al Andalus) is the combination of Spain's southern provinces (Seville, Jaen, Cordoba, Granada and so forth), but no single province is called Andalucia.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by aussie; 30-12-2009 at 00:51.

  13. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Hi Haftetavenscrap!

    First of all, thanks very much for the mod. I tend to go for world conquest, so all those extra provinces are welcome.

    I just downloaded HTTT and version 4 of the mod. Seems to work great.

    I have two minor issues, though.

    1. Current map textures are not a winner for me. It's kinda hard to read the names because of the mountains and trees, and I just don't like the block colors.

    Is there a chance you can give us a choice to use the original textures and colors?

    2. The Spanish province named "Andalucia" should really be "Seville". Andalucia (Al Andalus) is the combination of Spain's southern provinces (Seville, Jaen, Cordoba, Granada and so forth), but no single province is called Andalucia.

    Cheers!
    In the WWM folder there is a "Graphics Switcher" use it to change back to the vanilla map.

  14. #2474
    Hey thanks! A lot better now.

    I still stand by the Seville thingy, though.

  15. #2475
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Hey thanks! A lot better now.

    I still stand by the Seville thingy, though.

    I agree. Andalucia is better called "Sevilla". But this problem comes from vanilla by the way.

  16. #2476
    Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverFA View Post
    I agree. Andalucia is better called "Sevilla". But this problem comes from vanilla by the way.
    The problem was "amplified" by WWM because there are more provinces in the area now. I've changed it for the next version.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

    Get it HERE!

  17. #2477
    Great, thanks!
    Last edited by aussie; 30-12-2009 at 12:06.

  18. #2478
    I have a sickly slow pc, so plz bring out a bassic version for HttT like there is one for IN.

  19. #2479
    Viking Taklagarn's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Swärje, Bästagötaland
    Posts
    595
    I just thought, when could we expect 4.01?
    I eat meat in protest that the vegans eat the animals food!

    Colombus didn't need to stop and ask for the way, so I don't need it either.

    Awarded the title of "Honorary Finn" by Tuore.

  20. #2480
    Major Nukumnehtar's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    536
    Soon; and a lite version of the mod is in the works as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 170 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 99 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts