• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of the world is as would be expected right now. There are a few neat things happening though. Here's a quick run down of the major players in my game from what I can see.

Poland: Crazy blob. Worst borders I've ever seen. Literally has small islands of land all over Eastern Europe.

Lithuania: Pretty darn big. Not blobbing though.

Muscovy: They seem to be holding their own. Distinct possibility that they might form Russia if they take down Lithuania.

Denmark: The only competitor in Europe. They have the second highest income in the game. They inherited Sweden, took over most of Norway, and inherited Mecklenburg. Probably going to be a problem later on.

Vijayanagar: Owns most of Southern India. Probably a good fight when I have to war with them.

Dehli: See Vijayanagar and just replace the word Southern with Northern.

Yemen: Owns half of the Arabian Peninsula and owns most of the lands around the horn of Africa. Pretty much the only Muslim country not to splinter.

Golden Horde: They've grown huge at Russian expense. No direction to expand though.

Ming: Shrinking. I doubt they'll even be much of anything by the time I make it to them. Read the next one to find out why.

Japan: Here's my boy. Japan is kicking a lot of ass. They own half of Borneo, Sumatra, most of Korea/Manchuria, Northern Indochina, and several provinces in southern China. They are going to make some very interesting chapters later on.

I will be very glad to see a Spanish-Japanese war in the near future ;)

The heretics fleeing to the colonies event is an annoying one. Even if you have no heretical provinces in mainland Europe, they'll just keep fleeing from colony to colony. No chance to convert them back for thirty years either.

*Shakes off a bit of dust*

Internet's been out for a few days now. I'm going to try and get an update on here soon.

@Enewald: I'll put one up at the end of the next update so you can see the Empire and the Japanese.
@rasmus40: That's going to be difficult at this point. Some recent events in the next update are going to mean they've got to go down though.
@Capibara: Oh, it's going to happen and it's going to be fun. :D
@OutsiderSubtype: I enjoy the event. While the religion part is annoying, for me it's a 4 Colonist = 1 Missionary + 30 Years which I can live with.

Chapter 14: A New Age

A new age was coming. No longer was Spain the sole conquerer of the world. Others sought to spread their claims too. This conflicted with our ideas though, and it must be dealt with accordingly.

As foreign vessels left port, our great Emperor Carlos laid on his deathbed. His son Carlos II, a boy thought by many nobles to be a bit too liberal in his ideas and lacking the strong will a true Emperor must possess. But none could contest his ability to rule the nation effectively.

aar155.jpg

Not to shabby​

After the death of his father, Carlos II was to be crowned Emperor in Madrid. But, upon arriving at the ceremony he denounced the title emperor and laid down the ideas of a new government. At the beginning of his reign Carlos II reformed the government into an administrative monarchy, effectively ending the Empire(albeit in name only). He also ended the somewhat superfluous practice of conscription. It all came at a cost to the country. The people, unknowing of the reforms, were greatly concerned about the change in direction. Carlos II had ended the dominance of military in their government and was now promoting colonization and spreading the empire over seas. But, with time all would return to normal in Spain.

aar156.jpg

Some big changes​

With Carlos' policies concerning colonization, many left for the new world. Conflicts with the natives were not too common and peace was generally sustained. But, several native uprisings prompted Carlos to move the colonial armies westward and show the natives a thing or two.

aar157.jpg

Easy conquests​

In the first bit of warfare we would bring to New Iberia, our armies found that the natives were pitiful in combat. They could not even defend their lands. Our forces crushed them utterly and they were quickly absorbed and brought into the Empire.

aar158.jpg

One down​

aar159.jpg

And there's the second one​

With all the Spanish success in New Iberia it was not surprising that other nations would want to make claims there too. But, what was unexpected was that they would ever show any true success in the shadow of the glorious Spanish Empire.

aar160.jpg

We've got competition​

But this could not stand. Carlos immediately sought negotiations to end this infringement of our right to New Iberia. After a bit of pressure on the pope, it was decided that Spain had a god given right to all of the new world. With this we sought to erase the competition.

aar161.jpg

We've got to fight for our right​

In the first colonial war ever fought, Spain's navy transported troops all over the Atlantic seizing colonies in the name of Spain. Back in Europe our armies worked hard to bring our would be rivals to their knees. The Netherlands quickly fell to our military might.

aar162.jpg

Good enough​

Denmark lost their sole colony in the north most New Iberian island. Carlos thought of attacking the Danes, but decided that it was not worth it in the long run.

aar163.jpg

No need to fight that one out​

On the other hand, India was still a prime area for expansion. For quite a while the Indians had warred upon each other often. After one such war, it was decided to be the right time to strike. Our armies mobilized and war was declared.

aar164.jpg

Ready the troops​

The Indians, much like the natives of New Iberia, had embarrassing military skills. Their lands fell like dominoes under the might of our Spanish soldiers.

aar165.jpg

A good continuation of the Indian conquests​

After making the negotiations with the leading Indian nations, Spain carved out a bigger slice in these foreign lands, giving us a better position from which to expand later.

aar166.jpg

I like smooth borders​

So, with our oversea conquests growing quickly, and our government in great shape, Spain had little to worry over. Much work was still to be done though. There's was still a whole world out there.

aar167.jpg

Europe​
aar168.jpg

New Iberia​
aar169.jpg

Spanish India​
aar170.jpg

The World as of 1585​

Great update, I always love a bit of colonizing :)

Did you burn or seize the Azores and Madeira in your Dutch War? If not they may use them as stepping stones later on, and then you will have to deal with even more intruders in your colonial empire.

I'm just glad our countries aren't in a MP game together. :eek: :p

-Pat

Good job! Those wars will help you keeping your status as sole colonial power

It look like that Golden horde is the only country that could compete with you on size of land they have. I am not sure who is bigger. But i am almost sure that they have less provinces. BUT they may have more lands.

Shortly after the war was over and the dust had cleared we got a message from our friends up north. Religious heretics were sprouting up like crazy in the north. So far two Swedish provinces had turned to these "Protestant" ideas. We wouldn't stand for it. Any such nonsense in Castille would be stomped out. Felipe passed the Conventicle Act in response, giving us more missionaries in case these heretics decided to come to our lands. We were committed to being firmly Catholic as long as our Empire stood.

aar78.jpg

This could be bad​

Send missionsaries to reconvert to catholicism