• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The changes look great.

Not sure about Taulanti, though could you split the province, giving Epirus the coast and creating a new independent inland Taulanti?

Nice that you like them.

Have thought about that (both new province and independent Taulanti), though if it turns out that Epirus should hold the inland as well it will just be silly. At the moment I gave it to Dardania, they need a second province at the moment so that the Scordisci does not immediately conquer them.

Not added Liburni yet, may or may not do it, not decided yet. Have thought a bit about Taurisci/Noricum. They seem to deserve to be in, but they would be a one province minor bordered by two bigger countries, so not sure about their survival, may try it anyway since after all one does not know for sure what effect they will have until one actually adds them.

Those two should be the only additional countries in in addition to those already added, did think about Breuci and Daesitiates as two pannonian tribes, but not sure enough of them, if I get more sure of Taulanti and it have to go to someone else then Dardania then maybe, so that Scordisci will have more then one one province target to chose between. Anyway, will try to get the new version out by Christmas.

Merry Christmas. Uploaded 1.9, it is in the first post.

What's New:
- Changed appearance of characters of some cultures (as done in Epigoni)
- Many flags changed. New flags taken from Epigoni and made by Hardradi or Descartes (depending on flag)
- Slightly improved quality of a few other flags (that I had previously made)
- All religions gathered into one group (slightly better relations at start -> more trading oppurtunities (and less effort to get non co-religionist allies))
- Archer cost increased to 2
- New countries: Aorsi, Siraces, Iazyges, Cenomani, Garamantes, Nasamones, Utica, Heraclea, Dalmatae, Dardania, Paeonia (some have flags from Epigoni, some have flags I made)
- Some civvalues slightly changed
- Those three silly provinces where Dumah is the only one with any sort of justification for it existing given back to the Nabateans (could be an independent Qedar)
- Added provinces Heraclea and Utica
- Minor work done on missions (some altered, a few new ones added)

Lofman,

Been playing 1.9 and enjoying it.

I am concerned about how you deal with rebels. Even in 10% attrition seiges, they gain strength back rapidly (and don't loose any if at full strength). When you get 20k armies spawning that never drop strength (after battles they gain strength back faster then my regular armies) it can be hard if you don't have a 40k army with a 9 or 10 leader to go after them. Just seems alittle bit harsh (even Hannibul couldn't pull off what rebels can do when it comes to regaining army strength).

Lofman,

One more thing. I am finding that some of the Gaulic and Iberian tribes are gaining technology advances faster then me as Rome. Not to mention many of the main nations like Carthage and Egypt.

EX: I'm in year 565 and Rome has 4 and 5 techs (mainly 4), while several Gaulic, Iberian, and main nations are 6 in all techs.

Not sure if this was intended.

The rebels, you mean standard ones with the red-black banner and not civil war rebels? Luckily they only need to be defeated in one battle, and have mostly militia so most of the time they should not be too much of a problem. Unfortunately they do sometime appear in provinces which provide advantage to the defender and they always fight as if they had a martial 7 general. In that case make sure you have a good army with good leadership and hope for the best. It is possible to wait until they have taken the city and defeat them as they try to move to the next province (or as I had it happen yesterday with Pontus, have them walk away to someone else), rebels never change their plans regardless of how large armies appear in the province they are moving to, although if they are on an Island with no straits such as Cyprus they will just stay there and one will have to do it the hard way.

The tech thing, civic tribes (such as most Gauls) and tribal republics get a small boost to research (only half of what a republic confederacy get) so that help them. Also they are mostly expanding into provinces of the same culture so they get to keep the citizens in their new provinces so conquest does not really slow down their research (and losing provinces will, at least briefly, speed up research, mostly by reducing cost). This is a problem for Rome as there are not that many provinces with Roman culture that they do not already own. Citizenship helps somewhat, but I am trying to think of ways to help countries like Rome that should expand into wrong-culture provinces (and have citizenship), it is easier said then done though.

After some game time this mod appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Its quite an amazing piece of work really.

I'm curious about a few things...
-I've been searching for what exactly "Land Orginization" refers to? As Dacia, there is a new tribal law I can pass that effects this negatively. Is this refering to the 'civilization spread' factor or recruitment speed? I don't think so otherwise it would state such...
-I see the AI will park units in barb lands when its capable of colonizing, obviously to attempt them to horde so it can do so. Is this a routine added to the AI from the mod, or was it there all along?
-I seem to have massive manpower as Dacia, I mean massive for starting off with (compared to my last vanilla game as the Suebi). But thats cool I guess. When/if I change to Despo Monarchy, will that take a hit?
-I see the Thracian culture groups get good militia. Should I be including them in my main armies, rather than just the standard HI,Archer/cav setup?
-Off/Def bonuses refer to morale damage, and disipline is physical damage, yes?

I just had a really interesting moment in my last game, really fun. I think one of the biggest and most defining changes to the game come from there being more nations, as its really made for some wicked diplomatic situations. Like in vanilla, a very likely scenario would see one nation rise up fast to be a region superpower and then, I don't know, it gets dull if your not the superpower, lol. Anyway, pardon my enthusasim, but I'm having a good time with the mod. Thanks Lofman!

After some game time this mod appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Its quite an amazing piece of work really.

I'm curious about a few things...
-I've been searching for what exactly "Land Orginization" refers to? As Dacia, there is a new tribal law I can pass that effects this negatively. Is this refering to the 'civilization spread' factor or recruitment speed? I don't think so otherwise it would state such...
-I see the AI will park units in barb lands when its capable of colonizing, obviously to attempt them to horde so it can do so. Is this a routine added to the AI from the mod, or was it there all along?
-I seem to have massive manpower as Dacia, I mean massive for starting off with (compared to my last vanilla game as the Suebi). But thats cool I guess. When/if I change to Despo Monarchy, will that take a hit?
-I see the Thracian culture groups get good militia. Should I be including them in my main armies, rather than just the standard HI,Archer/cav setup?
-Off/Def bonuses refer to morale damage, and disipline is physical damage, yes?

I just had a really interesting moment in my last game, really fun. I think one of the biggest and most defining changes to the game come from there being more nations, as its really made for some wicked diplomatic situations. Like in vanilla, a very likely scenario would see one nation rise up fast to be a region superpower and then, I don't know, it gets dull if your not the superpower, lol. Anyway, pardon my enthusasim, but I'm having a good time with the mod. Thanks Lofman!

Glad you like it.

-Land organization is how quickly armies recover their morale if I am not mistaken
-That is something the AI have always done.
-Luckily it will not.
-I generally do so, not sure wether it is truly the most effective thing though, though note that even without the bonuses from warfare modifiers militia is not quite as bad as in vanilla (and heavy infantry is more expensive).
-I think it is that way.

Has the "Adapt or Perish" event been removed or replaced? It use to fire once a year roughly for backwater barb nations. It was helpful in getting the capital civ up. I'm thinking about the Suebi and Luggi, and some others. Coastal barb nations will have an easier time if they can trade with a higher civ nation, but landlocked ones are outta luck?

I read in the change log you made province conversions take longer. I agree they were too fast in vanilla (25 years if conditions met), but I'm curious as to how much longer it will take now. I believe I've met the conditions for province conversion all along (High Priest Fin:>6), and I've owned the provinces in question for over a century now. Just recently I've noticed my character pool now contains people of the foreign cultures I conquered btw.

I think this change is significant and makes manpower much more important to most. Although the freemen of a conquered disimiliar cultured province provide some manpower, the general populas of course does not provide, as you know. Besides being more realisitc, this does seem to help address the steamroller effect I've seen in vanilla, I think anyway. But I've seen Gallic tribes rise up to become monsters, but I don't see anything wrong gamewise or unhistorical with that. Seems to give Rome a moment of pause now.

I'm very interested in trying this mod but I'm having a problem getting it to run.
I have EU:ROME & VV installed and patched. It runs smoothly and I have gotten other minor mods such as CH to work.
I have extracted lofmodv19.zip into /Mods/ and deleted cache, province textures in various combinations based on searches I have done to try and fix the issue. When ever I start the mod I get a C++ error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information" when the loading screen says "Creating World". Any possible solutions?

I am running a Steam version on Window XP but like I've said other mods have worked with this setup.

Last edited:
Remember that the cache folder (in the [EU:ROME]\map folder) must exist and contain a province_textures folder, they do that right?

Can you get other mods that change the map to run (such as Magna Terra, Epigoni or Reign of Ancients)?

Given an empty cache folder with an equally empty province_textures folder, can you successfully generate the map when starting vanilla? If so, it may be worth trying adding an empty cache folder in the lofmod/map folder.

Hope you can get it to work.

Yes I followed the correct procedure.

I can run Reign of Ancients.

I followed your directions earlier for seeing if I can generate the Rome province texture, and I can. I tried adding an empty cache folder to the lofmod/map folder but it didn't help. I think I also added an empty province_texture folders inside the empty cache folder to see if that helped but nope.

Any thoughts?

Thinking on it, the only possible thing I can think of is that the cache can't be generated for some reason (RoA includes it so that may be why it runs). Could test it by removing/renaming the cache folder in the [Reign of Ancients]\map folder. If it works anyway it must be something else and I will have to think some more on it, if it don't work and you get the same error as when trying to run this mod it is very likely to be that and I will try to look for someplace to upload the cache files so that you (and anyone else that might get the same problem for that matter) can download them.