• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is what i did lofman

i did it but it didnt work

the language stays french

Maciekj you said that you are not english
in which language is your game ?? in english ?

Yeah, I'm not English, but i can't help you in this matter. My version was split in two CDs, one was the original, english game, the other one PL patch. So I only installed the english one. The first lines in the settings txt file should look like that:
gui=
{
language=l_english
}

Maybe you wrote something wrong? :X

when i edit this file it never work

a day i have wanted change in full screen : no

i have saved it hasnt never worked

That's weird. You save the file and it returns to the previous version? The only reason that comes into my mind now is that you may be doing it without admin rights. You could also try reinstalling the game.

no the file is saved and the changements are saved

when i open it later the modification is here

no problem with that

but the file settings seems to have nothing effect to my game .....

would you copy your screen with your file settings on your screen ?

maybe mine isnt correct

Last edited:
Here you go, I hope that'll help:
Code:
gui=
{
language=l_english
}
graphics=
{
size=
{
    x=1024
    y=768
}

refreshRate=60
fullScreen=yes
shadows=no
shadowSize=1024
multi_sampling=0
anisotropic_filtering=0
gamma=50.000000
}
sound_fx_volume=100.000000
music_volume=100.000000
scroll_speed=100.000000
camera_rotation_speed=50.000000
zoom_speed=50.000000
mouse_speed=50.000000
master_volume=100.000000
ambient_volume=50.000000
mapRenderingOptions=
{
renderTrees=yes
}
lastplayer="Mr Maciek"
lasthost=""
serveradress="diplomacy.valkyrienet.com"
autosave="YEARLY"
difficulty="NORMAL"
outliner=
{
9 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 }

(I hope Lofman doesn't mind us spamming on his topic. ^^')

this is not spamming ^^

i ve found why !!!!

because in my computer

so much i have intalled an uninstalled i had 2 settings in my computer

by schearch i have deleted every element of the game in my computer

i have installed the game again and now its in english

i hope now the mod will work :D

yeah now its english i have installed the 2.2

but now i have a problem i didnt have first
i cant launch the mod in the list there is only default i hope i will find solution soon :/

________________________________________________________________________________
now i lauch the game i can select the mod now

Last edited:
beautiful i can play it now thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

but really hard to play as rhegion

i have an idea for your mod i dont know if its good

why not give the possibility to every contries to have at start more traderoutes possible not only 1 or 2

at the start every region would have for example 4 traderoutes withouth buildings and with the buildings you can have more

i must cheat a little to obtain it xD

Has someone already plaid it online ?

i have an other idea maybe you will like

you would make croton independant as the capital of magna graecia ?
and magna graecia would have only croton

it would give a chance to lucania or rhegion to be stronger annexing croton because epirus is too strong

it would be beautiful a version where the little nations would have more chance to fight vs the greatest nations
but its already a great mod

Last edited:
really good it would be the 2.4 of rome ^^

now i have plaid it a longer time

i like to see that now you have information about who isnt loyable

in which region is it needed to choose a governor...

first i lost a great time to find which region need a changement and i was always in civil war

now its really good

this is you who did all this changements ?

nice job ! now the game rome universalis seems finished and really playable :)

(witout cheat i have anexed messana with rehgion ! i have refused to do war with rome and when cartaginian has declared war vs messana, sicilian have sent their army to cartaginan territory, and me i ve sent mine in their territory eheheh)

Last edited:
Nice you could get it working Giuliano. Regarding the things noted in the last post, they sound like things that were added in Vae Victis, and not something I did.

Have done some more work, basically changed topology in northeastern Caucasus so that we have the mountains more or less where they should be. Here is the political view:

2a5af0w.jpg

However surprisingly things doesn't look to bad with the terrain map mode (although it is difficult to see that Aorsi is relatively flat).

jgntr7.jpg

I don't plan to actually change any provinces, nor do any other changes (although it could be an idea to improve the Danube, but that would also result in changing provinces slightly, so it will have to wait for some more time).

Diplo_annex does not always work, CTD!

Lofman, first I would like to say that I love your mod.

Some problems though. Although I have succeeded in diplomatically annexing
Massilia, Etruria, Samnium, Lucania, Aetolian League and Insubres, it doesn't
always work but game crashes. Don't know if this has been reported already,
I couldn't find it.

The other problem is with the province called Tavium #292, I can not build
units there! I click on the build button but no units are added to the queue!

Lofman, first I would like to say that I love your mod.

Some problems though. Although I have succeeded in diplomatically annexing
Massilia, Etruria, Samnium, Lucania, Aetolian League and Insubres, it doesn't
always work but game crashes. Don't know if this has been reported already,
I couldn't find it.

The other problem is with the province called Tavium #292, I can not build
units there! I click on the build button but no units are added to the queue!

Diplomatic annexation? I know it can be added in some way, but I have not done so in the mod. Have no idea how it actually works as I haven't looked at it, so can't provide any help as to that.

With Tavium though I have an idea what cause the problem. Do any country have a core on the province? At least one country must have a core on a province in order for it to be possible to train troops there.

Lofman, thanks for your quick reply.

My bad! I have the tcm files in my vanilla folder, that is why it works, although buggy!

As for who has core on Tavium, I found a file called 292 - Tavium.txt that says in part: #154 - Galatia

owner = SEL
controller = SEL
add_core = SEL

It is at 539 AUC part of the Roman Republic.

I have done some more checking. When looking at the province window, I noticed that culture is celtic and religion is
druidism. The file 292 - Tavium.txt say they are phrygian and greek_panteon.

Last edited:
Religion and culture is automatically changed when the Galatians settle, so that it is celtic/druidism is what one should expect. Galatia should have a core, but they may have been forced to give it up in a peace agreement. In the province window there should be a number of tiny flags showing what countries have the province as a core at that time in that particular game. If no flags no one have it as a core province.

Lofman:

I checked for flags in the province screen and Tavium does not have
any. Neither does Ancyra.

Edit1: Checked Text.csv - found PROV154;Ancyra. Should it not be Galatia? (This probably has no bearing).

Edit2: Checked 2 saved games. Loaded Rome477_05_03 and Galatia was independent and flag was for Galatia
(I corrected Text.csv ) and the flag for Tavium was for Galatia. Then I loaded Rome522_02_02 and Pontus had conquered
Tavium and Seleucid Empire had conquered Galatia! No flags on either province!

Last edited:
If Ancyra had still had a core, then it might have been that someone forced them to give up the core in a peace deal, but now that Ancyra doesn't, that no longer seems the least bit likely. I would guess it might be related to the fact that they are a regional country, yet another reason to give that region a proper regional country I guess (like all other regions except Cyrenaica).

In your game, I would recommend just holding the province long enough so that it will become a core and then you will be able to train troops there.

Province Flags

Thanks Lofman.

In 550, a disloyal commander declared independence for Galatia.
I crushed them and annexed all four provinces.
Now Tavium has a flag indicating that Rome has core, but Galatia
still has no flag. I will "defend it to the last drop of peasant blood"
and see if I get core on it!

In 575_08_02 I finally got core on Galatia!
I can now recruit units there.

Last edited:
When I attempt to play the mod I have a CTD when I select 'Single Player' from the main menu. Any ideas?

When I attempt to play the mod I have a CTD when I select 'Single Player' from the main menu. Any ideas?

Not really, but let us first check it is not some silly thing.

First of all as you have Rome Gold you have patch 2.2 (although even with the beta patch the mod should start with no other real problem then the political attraction of the populists being a bit screwy)?

And you downloaded v1.6 of this mod and not v1.2?

As you can get as far as you can, I assume everything is in the right place (the .mod-file and the folder). If it was problem with generating textures it should have happened earlier, and just generating the map I also think should have caused problem earlier. Does it suddenly work if you try again? Do other mods such as Reign of the Ancients (available in a version for 2.2 and for the beta patch) and Epigoni (only available for the beta patch AFAIK) run into the same problem or do they work?

Not really, but let us first check it is not some silly thing.

First of all as you have Rome Gold you have patch 2.2 (although even with the beta patch the mod should start with no other real problem then the political attraction of the populists being a bit screwy)?

And you downloaded v1.6 of this mod and not v1.2?

As you can get as far as you can, I assume everything is in the right place (the .mod-file and the folder). If it was problem with generating textures it should have happened earlier, and just generating the map I also think should have caused problem earlier. Does it suddenly work if you try again? Do other mods such as Reign of the Ancients (available in a version for 2.2 and for the beta patch) and Epigoni (only available for the beta patch AFAIK) run into the same problem or do they work?

I have 2.2 and have installed v1.6 of your mod. All the files from the .zip file are in the Rome mod folder. I have not tried other mods your would be the first.