• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then it is the textures, presumably those of the old provinces as the game uses the one for their old shape and size and trying to make them fit (which tend to leave blue spots or just make them look weird (unless the new ones such as Cenomani in northern Italy is completely blue, then the problem is that the textures are not properly generated, in that case the easiest thing is to just play with the political and other non-terrain map modes)). Try removing all files in the province_textures folder (or renaming it and creating an empty folder with that name) in the [EU:ROME]/map/cache folder. That should generate textures for all provinces the next time you start, and all should get their terrain displayed properly.

It doesn't work to me, it all works perfectly untill I choose one country and click to play, then the game get blocked in the interface between I choose a country and you start to play in the part of adapting history. Vanilla works perfectly

Did you add new units for the roman?? Like italians allies?

No. New units can't be added. You can assume half of your army is allies though, especially the Italian ones did after all fight in practically the same way as the Romans (at least no difference really worth implementing for this mod).

It doesn't work to me, it all works perfectly untill I choose one country and click to play, then the game get blocked in the interface between I choose a country and you start to play in the part of adapting history. Vanilla works perfectly

As you don't seem to have Vae Victis, you did download the 1.2 version and have the latest patch right (of course if you have Vae Victis and simply have not registered it, you have downloaded 1.9 and have the latest patch)? Will try to figure out what could cause it assuming you have the latest patch and right version of the mod.

I don't know, maybe try reinstalling if you haven't already. Sorry if this doesn't help.

now it works i forgot to put the video i though it was useless .. :/ sorry for spamming lof ^^

edit: an other problem now the game always crash when i choose "single player" after the chargement of the game

Last edited:
Noticed something, you have Rome installed in Program Files, but Vista (and 7) is IIRC quite picky about what can be done there, maybe try reinstalling the game in another location (such as C:\Games which is what I use, basically just when it asks where to install it replace the Program Files part with Games) in case that is the problem (or messing with Windows settings but that should be avoided unless one really knows what one is doing).