• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I understand why the Patch Project doesn't do this, I think it should have been done by P'dox inthe first place. But now there's soon a HOI3, and so realistically I don't expect them to do that now either.

I don't want to blame anyone, I just hope they would generally keep moddability as high as possible, and that shouldn't only cover text files, but all other aspects of their games, incl. the graphics. Apart from multiplayer a high moddability seems to be the second big pro for games these days, and it was always a strength in P'dox games especially. That is why I find it so strange that they took out an option that was present in the earlier HOI, it seems to be a step back, and I hope that's not the general tendency for future P'dox games.

I fully agree with BeBro

I understand why the Patch Project doesn't do this, I think it should have been done by P'dox inthe first place. But now there's soon a HOI3, and so realistically I don't expect them to do that now either.

I don't want to blame anyone, I just hope they would generally keep moddability as high as possible, and that shouldn't only cover text files, but all other aspects of their games, incl. the graphics. Apart from multiplayer a high moddability seems to be the second big pro for games these days, and it was always a strength in P'dox games especially. That is why I find it so strange that they took out an option that was present in the earlier HOI, it seems to be a step back, and I hope that's not the general tendency for future P'dox games.

Thats the same I do not unterstand. We do not want, that Paradox gives us thousands of spirtes and different levels, but we want to have the possibility for our own game oder modification.

And tahts what keeps hoi alive.

i vote for it.
for those who speak of negating battlefield intelligence im sure there's a way to have the sprite diversity apply only to your units. and then enemy units once you know for sure what the enemy is fielding

I wish Johan or someone else from Paradox would shed some light on this. It would take two seconds to explain why multilevel support existed in HoI1 and not HoI2, and even more so why it exists for some unit types and not all.

Yeah indeed,

but I have no hope in that. And only little in HOI3. The words tell us that modability will be high. The facts as concerning recent releases (EU3, Rome), Patches, Community-Project), Source-release (not for such things) point in the other direction.

Regarding HoI 3:
http://twitter.com/heartsofiron3 said:
The support for unlimited models on units, and any unit can be a modified model made for some interesting interfacecode to show pictures :)
Not 100% sure what it means for sprites, but interesting nonetheless.

How about fighters and interceptors? Does multilevel sprites work for all levelse for each of them? I seems to recall having some problems here since fighters/interceptors will share the first two models... :confused:

With the P36 modification from DMP you may get multipleleveling sprites for ech unit, but for plaanes it is still awailable.