• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pasha said:
I must agree....would look great to have different sprites for 1936/39/41 infantry. But all the same, take a look at bebro's sprites within the link I gave you..they're nation-specific. The armor looks awesome. I personally use his armour and aircraft sprites, but use DMP ships only from their sprite packs (I hate DMP infantry though, looks too cartoonish, so I've kept the vanilla infantry.)

I've also changed the interface using DMP. Shoot, I've made so many GFX changes I'm surprised the game still works. Anyway, I spent about a week just experimenting with the GFX until I found a combination I like. Have, it's just like playing in a sandbox :rofl:

I do also use a personal mix of different graphic mods and different sprites. And I also used bebor's mech and mot sprites a long time ago. Its fantastic to create your own HOI version...
BTW, do you know Pumas Civ conversions...he made a lot of sprites, hundreds for HOI...take a look
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=216&t=3754
oder Edits workshop
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=324&t=5980
or Kriegkopfs modding corner
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=377

coreymas said:
I am afraid that if the code isnt there.... you are going to have to look to an expansion pack for multi level sprites....

And I woulld be the first to buy... :wacko:

He-Man said:
I do also use a personal mix of different graphic mods and different sprites. And I also used bebor's mech and mot sprites a long time ago. Its fantastic to create your own HOI version...
BTW, do you know Pumas Civ conversions...he made a lot of sprites, hundreds for HOI...take a look
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=216&t=3754
oder Edits workshop
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=324&t=5980
or Kriegkopfs modding corner
http://www.heartsofiron.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=377

He-Man, thanks for the links. I've only recently heard about the Civ conversions, but have yet to see them until now :)
Cheers!

Jaegerfeld said:
a few months ago i've written a small modification wich allows you to give every planelevel an unique sprite.
looks like this:

I HOPE that this will possible on all the other units soon, because by making that possible and fixing just one other bug ( level 10 model icon bug ) will give us the possibillity for endless new units - Helicopters, strategic Submarines, Camel Cavallry or all the other things we can imagine.

In my newest modproject i've added torpedoboats and EBoats. All i need now are multilevelsprites.

So many things could be done with only thhe possibility for multilevelsprites.

Jagerfeld, those are nice aircraft GFX. Do you plan to publicly release them?

Pasha said:
Jagerfeld, those are nice aircraft GFX. Do you plan to publicly release them?

The Sprites are part of the DMP Sprite Pack.
At present i'm working on a major mod called DMP Ragnaroek - Projekt 36.
It will include all that Sprites and many more ( thjink dozends more).
pic.php

pic.php

all the german fighters and multi_roles / rocketfighters

Stuka
pic.php

Long Range - Recce Planes

pic.php

Most of the Sprite work was done by gepard and Puma.
I'm just the man who put them into a big mod and make real Multilevel Airplanes come true.

Mod release is at Christmas 2008 - first Betatests will start in July / August.

Jaegerfeld said:
The Sprites are part of the DMP Sprite Pack.

Excuse my crude English, but....Holy crap, those are awesome!
:eek:

Thank you and can't wait for Christmas08...keep up the good work!!!!

HoI 2's sprites made me convert to counters. I'm sorry to say that, but I haven't found a single sprite set which my eyes could bear. I don't think it's the modders' fault though. Besides counters give more information anyway.

That said, multilevel sprite support would indeed be nice, but chances for such a change now are probably <1%.

He-Man said:
You might be right, but this thread does not want to discuss the sense of sprite or its using. And this thread does not want to discuss what is better, the using of counters or sprites.
An half year ago I have startet several poll about this question in several international forums and the result was that the most (59%) of the hoi players use sprites.
And this thread is instad of these 59 percent...

Ahh but an interesting addition to that poll would be a poll assertaining how many of the original respondent using Sprites continue to play the game. I get the distinct impression that counters are more popular with the hard-core crew. I could be wrong... but that is what my instinct tells me.

That said I would agree that Puma's sprites are pretty nice looking... for sprites. I like the pillboxes especially.

Last edited:
G'Kar said:
HoI 2's sprites made me convert to counters. I'm sorry to say that, but I haven't found a single sprite set which my eyes could bear. I don't think it's the modders' fault though. Besides counters give more information anyway.

That said, multilevel sprite support would indeed be nice, but chances for such a change now are probably <1%.

And have you ever tested to play hoi 2 with the old hoi 1 sprites...?

Cueball said:
Ahh but an interesting addition to that poll would be a poll assertaining how many of the original respondent using Sprites continue to play the game. I get the distinct impression that counters are more popular with the hard-core crew. I could be wrong... but that is what my instinct tells me.

That said I would agree that Puma's sprites are pretty nice looking... for sprites. I like the pillboxes especially.

I think a hard core hoi player has choosen between counters or sprites when hoi 2 has been published and not within DD or ARM...

He-Man said:
And have you ever tested to play hoi 2 with the old hoi 1 sprites...?
I fiddled around with them a little, but they're too small and I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. If there was a HoI 1 sprite package for HoI 2, I might try it - although I'm really used to counters now and like that I'm able to see who is heading where. ;)

I'd like sprite diversity, but maybe not a different sprite for every level. Maybe one or two extra sprites per plane, so you don't have a propeller-driven plane sprite for a turbojet plane. Having a sprite for every single level would severely slow down lower-end machines like mine when I choose to play with sprites.

Kevin W. said:
I'd like sprite diversity, but maybe not a different sprite for every level. Maybe one or two extra sprites per plane, so you don't have a propeller-driven plane sprite for a turbojet plane. Having a sprite for every single level would severely slow down lower-end machines like mine when I choose to play with sprites.

Yes. Thats might be an idea. If Paradox would give us the possibility of mulitple sprites for each level, everyone can build up his own spirte landscape.

F.e. three sprites for each unit, when you have a slow engine, etc. until a sprite for each level, when you're a sprite freak...