• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

He-Man

Colonel
14 Badges
Apr 10, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
To all these HOI sprite players:

All the hoi players who do also have played with hoi 1 know that we lost the sprite diversity since the update to HOI II.

In HOi II we do not have multiple leveling sprites (tank level 1, tank level 2, etc.).
And since the update to Doomsday we also lost plane sprites. (strategic and marine bomer and the air transporter)

So we do not want paradox to build all theses sprite. But we want the possibility, to do that for our own. There are a lot of sprites modders in several hoi communities, who are still waiting to produce some llevels for ech sprites and since we do have the civ converted sprites it is no prlblem any more...

But what do I want from this community? What is the sense of this thread?

I want and I need your support to make our wish come true!
We want backe all sprites form HOI 1. The hole multiple level possibilitiy!

- each unit should have a sprite of his own!
- each unit level should have a sprite of his own!

Yours He-Man

...Okay...

Well, to start with, *I* don't want that kind of sprite diversity, that seems like a major negation of battlefield intelligence limitations, seeing what kind of units the enemy are fielding without engaging them seems too easy.

And secondly, what exactly do you want? Are you asking modders to make sprites for you?

Squash said:
...Okay...

Well, to start with, *I* don't want that kind of sprite diversity, that seems like a major negation of battlefield intelligence limitations, seeing what kind of units the enemy are fielding without engaging them seems too easy.

And secondly, what exactly do you want? Are you asking modders to make sprites for you?

HAHA, are you Johan II?

He - Man is asking for the possibility to show Multilevelsprites in HOI2 Armageddon - TANKSprites and/or other land/sea units. like it is done with the planes.

It's one of my greatest wishes, too. Armageddon could be so nice.

That would be my Nr one change if i had the sourcecode.

THE_SMASHER said:
if i was a mod, id so totally move this to the scenarios and mods section.

But the theme of this thread has nothing to do with mods and scenarios... :wacko: ;) Its just a wish for the vanilla version...

And I want a cookie!

I'm not bothered with it myself, since I play with counters.

And I wouldn't count on it to include in any patch/expansion that might be coming, you can only hope that they won't forget to reimplement it in HOI3.

Sprites??
REAL armchair generals use counters, you philistine!
______
JÄMTLAND IS NORWEGIAN! WAR! WAR! WAR!

I vote that the Sprites be deleted entirely.

no. Its bad. All sprites are bad.

Ya, what he ^^^ said (leon).

I'm not so much concerned with different types of bombers and being able to tell what level of research your enemy is at before you attack... but I'd like to see some nation-specific sprites like they had back in HOI 1. I remember playing HOI 2 for the first time and thinking something was wrong because every country's troops looked liked Germans! It'd be cool if they changed them up a bit (I know they changed the planes.. and they dealt with the worst problem of all time, V1s and V2s looking like airplanes :wacko: ), so where Germans and their European allies look like the current ones, but they changed Poland and Russia, British and its Allies, and Americans so its a little more diverse.