+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: We want back the sprite diversity

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae Victis

Exclamation We want back the sprite diversity

To all these HOI sprite players:

All the hoi players who do also have played with hoi 1 know that we lost the sprite diversity since the update to HOI II.

In HOi II we do not have multiple leveling sprites (tank level 1, tank level 2, etc.).
    And since the update to Doomsday we also lost plane sprites. (strategic and marine bomer and the air transporter)

So we do not want paradox to build all theses sprite. But we want the possibility, to do that for our own. There are a lot of sprites modders in several hoi communities, who are still waiting to produce some llevels for ech sprites and since we do have the civ converted sprites it is no prlblem any more...

But what do I want from this community? What is the sense of this thread?

I want and I need your support to make our wish come true!
    We want backe all sprites form HOI 1. The hole multiple level possibilitiy!

- each unit should have a sprite of his own!
    - each unit level should have a sprite of his own!

Yours He-Man
    ----------------------------------------------------

...Okay...

Well, to start with, *I* don't want that kind of sprite diversity, that seems like a major negation of battlefield intelligence limitations, seeing what kind of units the enemy are fielding without engaging them seems too easy.

And secondly, what exactly do you want? Are you asking modders to make sprites for you?

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

lost track after crushing yet another soviet army
    if i was a mod, id so totally move this to the scenarios and mods section.

Captain
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    ...Okay...

Well, to start with, *I* don't want that kind of sprite diversity, that seems like a major negation of battlefield intelligence limitations, seeing what kind of units the enemy are fielding without engaging them seems too easy.

And secondly, what exactly do you want? Are you asking modders to make sprites for you?
    HAHA, are you Johan II?

He - Man is asking for the possibility to show Multilevelsprites in HOI2 Armageddon - TANKSprites and/or other land/sea units. like it is done with the planes.

It's one of my greatest wishes, too. Armageddon could be so nice.

That would be my Nr one change if i had the sourcecode.

The bane of all farmers SeedSnatcher's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

I personally would like that. Even if I only play with counters anyway.

Don't counters break through the intelligence limits anyways? If so, why not sprites?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SMASHER
    if i was a mod, id so totally move this to the scenarios and mods section.

But the theme of this thread has nothing to do with mods and scenarios... Its just a wish for the vanilla version...
    ----------------------------------------------------

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man
    But the theme of this thread has nothing to do with mods and scenarios... Its just a wish for the vanilla version...
    How about "HoI2D - Enhancement suggestions" forum, then?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Game loading time would double for pre-2005 computers.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish
    Game loading time would double for pre-2005 computers.
    since the original poster only wanted to option to do so, it would be out of their own choice that game loading time would double...

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

And I want a cookie!

I'm not bothered with it myself, since I play with counters.

And I wouldn't count on it to include in any patch/expansion that might be coming, you can only hope that they won't forget to reimplement it in HOI3.
    I love to write invisible messages, don't you? 39505FToo bad this doesn't work somewhere else...
    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll always drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    "There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer!"
    "Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." -Lao-tzu Tao te Ching
    ICQ - 190282991 - MSN - jensvan_heuverswijn@hotmail.com (if you need no one to talk to)
    Last.fm: Join the Paradoxians / Tell us about it here! / My profile: labalag
    If a picture tells a thousand words, how much does an animated gif tell you then?

Or, in a fan-made expansion

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi500k club

Okay, He-man. I support you.

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

lost track after crushing yet another soviet army
    add them in a seperate folder and add the options "basic sprites" and "advanced sprites" and "counters".

kill all gays?

Sprites??
    REAL armchair generals use counters, you philistine!
    ______
    JÄMTLAND IS NORWEGIAN! WAR! WAR! WAR!

Nexus 6
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

I vote that the Sprites be deleted entirely.
    March on, join bravely, let us to't pell-mell. If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.

New East is Red Beta for Armageddon 1.3beta2: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- Version 1.3b.rar.

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.3a or earlier to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b
    EIR: Answers to "WTF is with these TP's?" and other questions.
    Goering's Delay: An East is Red Mod multiplayer AAR

Nexus 6
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

no. Its bad. All sprites are bad.
    March on, join bravely, let us to't pell-mell. If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.

New East is Red Beta for Armageddon 1.3beta2: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- Version 1.3b.rar.

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.3a or earlier to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b
    EIR: Answers to "WTF is with these TP's?" and other questions.
    Goering's Delay: An East is Red Mod multiplayer AAR

Leon sides with the sprite diveristy!!! I loved to see russian infantry look diff than germans. -Leon

Ya, what he ^^^ said (leon).

I'm not so much concerned with different types of bombers and being able to tell what level of research your enemy is at before you attack... but I'd like to see some nation-specific sprites like they had back in HOI 1. I remember playing HOI 2 for the first time and thinking something was wrong because every country's troops looked liked Germans! It'd be cool if they changed them up a bit (I know they changed the planes.. and they dealt with the worst problem of all time, V1s and V2s looking like airplanes ), so where Germans and their European allies look like the current ones, but they changed Poland and Russia, British and its Allies, and Americans so its a little more diverse.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

"And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, 'One more soldier reporting sir!.... I've served my time in hell.'"

Democracy will inherit the earth in... Democracy Prevails!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast