+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Full list of event triggers, effects and scopes

Is there a trigger that can help reduce the amount of times weak nations get the rival army/navy mission?

My idea is that if you limit the potential to get this mission to only those rivals whose land/naval forcelimit is equal to or less than your own, that way you (and more importantly, the AI) don't get missions where, for example, Japan doesn't need to build twice their capacity in either their army or navy in order to 'keep up' with their rival, Ming. This would also help in the area of the AI spending too much on a military they cannot maintain and cut down on their inflation, but also help the player avoid skipping missions they simply can't achieve without a high cost compared to the reward.

The closest trigger I could find was "land_forcelimit" or "naval_forcelimit", but it looks like that only works for your country instead of the rival country? And that only lists a number instead of a variable THIS or whatever would be required.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I may just be misunderstanding the way the trigger works, but it appears that the 'region = { owned_by = THIS }' trigger doesn't work properly. It shows as met even if THIS does not completely own that specified region. It seems that owning even one province in the region meets the requirements, while I was assuming THIS should need to own the WHOLE region. Can someone explain this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericus1 View Post
    I may just be misunderstanding the way the trigger works, but it appears that the 'region = { owned_by = THIS }' trigger doesn't work properly. It shows as met even if THIS does not completely own that specified region. It seems that owning even one province in the region meets the requirements, while I was assuming THIS should need to own the WHOLE region. Can someone explain this to me?
    Correct, as long as one province is owned by THIS, it returns true.

Simply change it around and make it so it returns true as long as there are NO provinces in the region NOT owned by this.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

While the forum was down, besides playing EU3 I updated the wiki with the new HttT effects, scopes, and triggers (including define_heir which Johan forgot to add to the docs he posted).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Sticky?
    IN BOYCOTT!
    This user has decided not to buy any DLC or games by PI until the advertised quality standards are met.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Korsan82 View Post
    Sticky?
    Yes it is a sticky thread.

It's also obsolete.
    Use the wiki instead:
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Effects
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Scopes
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Triggers (formatting is a WIP but information should be accurate)
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6