+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Full list of event triggers, effects and scopes

Full list of event triggers, effects and scopes

I was sick of having to search a bunch of threads when looking for a specific event or trigger, so I have updated Johan's initial documents and added all info for NA and IN. There are a few triggers and effects I still don't know how they work, so I'd appreciate any help to complete the list. Also, if I have forgotten or screwed up anything (very likely, since I'm still a complete novice on event scripting), please let me know and I'll update the documents.

Here they are:

Triggers

Effects

Scopes

Thanks to everybody who helped me with this, especially dharper, alvya, jdrou, ubik, Darken and pierreluc among many others.

I hope you guys find it useful...

EDIT (17-11-2008): Now with the new stuff from IN 3.1!
    Last edited by Cabezaestufa; 17-11-2008 at 22:29.
    "There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now." --Kotaku
    "The best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play." --Rock Paper Shotgun

A Game of Thrones: A Crusader Kings 2 mod.
    A Game of Thrones: An Europa Universalis IV mod.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Thank you!!

I keep meaning to do something like this, but I never find the time. You've really helped me.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 700 events for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.02 compatible with the Res Publica expansion
    Download available (July 24, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 10% complete

200k clubDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

*bows down*
    Chief of the Harappa in Dawn of Man (on hold )

AARs
    Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken AAR (complete)

"To Agitius, thrice consul, the groans of the Britons... the barbarians drive us to the sea, the sea drives us to the barbarians; between these two means of death we are either killed or drowned."

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    *cheers*

Thanks so much
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

thank you thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cabezaestufa
    Triggers

Effects

Scopes

I hope you guys find it useful...
    thank you thank you

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Excellent!

Thank you for your hard work!

From a quick look I have three comments (beyond my thanks expressed above at having such handy modding tools), all on the effects file.

1 - The random and random_list effects are modelled after Rome. I can give you syntax exemples tonight from home. In essence, random allows you to add a %chance that a given effect will trigger. If the % is not met, nothing will happen. So for instance it allows you to have an event that MAY lower your stability, but also be innocuous. The syntax looks roughly like

random = {
    chance = x%
    stability = -1 }

Random list allows you to have an event where any of a number of things will happen, depending on the odds you give. For instance you could have a 50/50 chance of either a loss of stability or a rebellion right there and then:

random_list = {
    50 = { owner = { stability = -1 }
    50 = { anti_tax_rebels = 1 }
    }

These "Random" additions really open up scripting possibilities.

2 - With the addition of a define_adviser command (which if mirrored on the general or admiral one allows you to give a name), this is a potential workaround to those who wanted female advisors. You could create female advisor types which you can set the engine not to create randomly but which you could add by event.

3 - When you mention that we can change the name of a province, it reminded me that, if I recall correctly, the exemple Johan gave of this also showed there exists a change_culture effect.

Quote Originally Posted by pierreluc
    From a quick look I have three comments (beyond my thanks expressed above at having such handy modding tools), all on the effects file.

1 - The random and random_list effects are modelled after Rome. I can give you syntax exemples tonight from home. In essence, random allows you to add a %chance that a given effect will trigger. If the % is not met, nothing will happen. So for instance it allows you to have an event that MAY lower your stability, but also be innocuous. The syntax looks roughly like

random = {
    chance = x%
    stability = -1 }

Random list allows you to have an event where any of a number of things will happen, depending on the odds you give. For instance you could have a 50/50 chance of either a loss of stability or a rebellion right there and then:

random_list = {
    }

2 - With the addition of a define_adviser command (which if mirrored on the general or admiral one allows you to give a name), this is a potential workaround to those who wanted female advisors. You could create female advisor types which you can set the engine not to create randomly but which you could add by event.
    File updated. Thanks a lot! these "random" effects are great and should really open up a world of possibilities indeed.

3 - When you mention that we can change the name of a province, it reminded me that, if I recall correctly, the exemple Johan gave of this also showed there exists a change_culture effect.
    Isn't it called simply "culture"? if so, it should be already included
    Last edited by Cabezaestufa; 13-06-2008 at 19:23.
    "There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now." --Kotaku
    "The best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play." --Rock Paper Shotgun

A Game of Thrones: A Crusader Kings 2 mod.
    A Game of Thrones: An Europa Universalis IV mod.

Indeed, "culture" is already there. My bad!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

random = {
    chance = x%
    stability = -1 }

random_list = {
    }

I am having wet dreams with all this information.

And thank you Cabezaestufa. A lot less work for me to search the new additions in the forum.
    Proud member of the Big Four of Magna Mundi Mod.
    Orgulloso miembro de los Cuatro Grandes del Mod Magna Mundi.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks for the information.

One question - I noticed yesterday that the country history files for HAB have a effect (not trigger)

emperor = yes

Maybe this is an effect that needs to be added to the list? Have not tried in an event.

Thanks
    added to the guides section of the master mod list.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

HOLY MOSES... this must have taken ages... thank you!!!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Gracias!
    Great work...

Just to follow up on my earlier post, I checked the syntax used in EU:Rome events in relation to random and random_list

Indeed, random works as follows:

random = {
    chance = x (apparently a number between 0 and 100) that represents the percentage
    stability = -1 (or whatever effect you like)
    }

random_list works as follows:

random_list = {
    35 = { effect 1 } (with the number representing, as far as I can tell, the % chance of that particular effect being the one resulting
    35 = { effect 2 }
    30 = { effect 3}
    }

While none of the random_list chances ever sum up above 100 (the majority sum up exactly to 100), some only sum up to 40. I can't tell in that case if that means there is a 60% chance of nothing happening, or if the numbers used are normalized over 40, where for instance a "10" amounts to 25% (as in 10/40).

Both random and random_list can accommodate scope changes in their effects

Quote Originally Posted by Cabezaestufa
    I was sick of having to search a bunch of threads when looking for a specific event or trigger, so I have updated Johan's initial documents and added all info for NA and IN. ...

Do these include the valid modifiers ? I've looked for "may_explore" for instance and didn't find it in any of these 3 docs.

Thank you for your efforts btw.

G.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by grallonsphere
    Do these include the valid modifiers ? I've looked for "may_explore" for instance and didn't find it in any of these 3 docs.
    My understanding is that may_explore is only used in national ideas (along with may_attack_religious_enemy).
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Over 700 events for over 30 religions
    Wiki
    Version 1.7.02 compatible with the Res Publica expansion
    Download available (July 24, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 10% complete

Great work - a great help! Much appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast