• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General_Grant said:
Press F12, type 'badboy'.

Thats as simple as that.
I was allready thinking on something as that. Well thanks for the help. Yo does somebody know which bad boytaughtalreadybad boy numbers are considered dangerous (Like they can lead to bad boy wars)?

Delex said:
I taought, I was allready thinking on something as that. Well thanks for the help. Yo does somebody know which bad boytaughtalreadybad boy numbers are considered dangerous (Like they can lead to bad boy wars)?

it really depends on your military score relative to your neighbors, in particular if you are a non-GP and you share a border with a GP and you have even say 15 badboy, you might get attacked. If you are a GP and have a greater military score than neighboring GPs and have an alliance with another GP, you could have a badboy well above 30 and not be touched.

It all depends on who you are, who your neighbors are, if you have any alliances, and what your relative military score is. There isn't really a magic number.

I don't often play conquer everything games - too much meticulous work converting pops with 50 states...

However when I did it with Germany, I had a badboy of around 80 but a much better military than any of my neighbours. I also kept good relations with them and I was not declared on.

Each country also has a list of countries to befriend, protect and attack.

Badboy, being at war, relations, preferred target/friend, border all affect things.

War exhaustion and troops on borders may affect things I am not sure.

OHgamer said:
It all depends on who you are, who your neighbors are, if you have any alliances, and what your relative military score is. There isn't really a magic number.

i think i also depends on how bad other countries are. reason is, i imported a mughal empire game from eu2 with smthg minor like 8 BB (which made me the worst nation though in 1836) and got instantly DoWed by lots of countries - i reloaded - same result. then i tried releasing some countries to put by BB down and voila - no DoWs.

weird god said:
i think i also depends on how bad other countries are. reason is, i imported a mughal empire game from eu2 with smthg minor like 8 BB (which made me the worst nation though in 1836) and got instantly DoWed by lots of countries - i reloaded - same result. then i tried releasing some countries to put by BB down and voila - no DoWs.

could be, though with any game conversion there could be all sorts of extra oddness affecting AI behavior as well.

Delex said:
A question what determines how much prestige I lose if I declare war (Sometimes I lose only one, and sometimes 100)?
Well, if the nation you are Dowing has a prestige of -100 or less, then your prestige loss will only be one point.

Anything above a -100 will be a variable loss, depending upon things such as whether you are a GP or not, and the relative score between yourself and the nation you are Dowing. The relative score will be essentially the relative prestige, I assume.

Never really done an exhaustive test myself.

According to what I can find on the Wiki:
Declaring war

* If the target has -100 prestige or less then it costs 1 prestige to attack them.
* If the target is close to or higher than your power level it will cost less than 100 prestige to attack them.
* If the target is far weaker than you, but has greater than -100 prestige it will cost 100 prestige to attack them.
* In V1.02 and onwards the hit for breaking a peace treaty is 100 prestige.

Now, "power level" sounds a lot like "military score" to me. It could be that. I'm just not really sure.

Delex said:
Two questions:
-Is there a way to get industry score up without building industry (Like for uncivilized nations)?
-Is there anyway to get military score up without building armies?
A) Build railroads, IIRC.
B) Increase the mob pool or build ships.

wam4737 said:
Is there a way of finding out what other countries BB scores are?
Look in the save file.

RELee said:
Now, "power level" sounds a lot like "military score" to me. It could be that. I'm just not really sure.
I'm pretty sure it's prestige.

subnormalized said:
Unfortunately, with Revolutions you need a Standing Army to keep increasing your Mob Pool. I started a thread on it, and it seems like there's yet another variable for Mob Pool Cap...
The military standing of your party in power will put a halt to mob pool building, I do believe. Although I've not sat down and tried to figure out the specifics, seems like getting an anti-military or pacifist party in power will severely limit how many divisions you can have in the mob pool. They may simply halt any expansion, since by the time I get one of those types of parties in power, I generally already have a fairly decent sized mob pool, and further expansion is no longer possible.

This is probably already written down somewhere on the Wiki or the manual. I'm just simply too lazy at the moment to go look. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah. It's being looked at over on this thread. :eek:o

Last edited:
Delex said:
And how to get industrial up, if you are lets say china?
You need to wait until you can buy some machine parts so you can build a couple of factories.

beowulf said:
You need to wait until you can buy some machine parts so you can build a couple of factories.
I know that. You make me look as a noob with those answerers. I very familiar with the game. I asked that because in many guides it is written that I should build factories all over the country to get the effect. I do that but didnt get it.

Delex said:
I know that. You make me look as a noob with those answerers. I very familiar with the game. I asked that because in many guides it is written that I should build factories all over the country to get the effect. I do that but didnt get it.

if you are playing VIP:R 0.2, research the techs to allow you to build factories, then convert pops in areas with large concentration of national pops to capis (remember you must make a pop a clerk before it can become a capi) and let them do their magic. As for you building, machine parts are less important in game so the drought of machine parts should not last so long, get your access to the world market high enough you should be able to get MPs in relatively short order (by the 1860s at the latest)

for uncivs in VIP:R though industrilalizing is not as important, since becoming a civilized nation is more about getting techs that make you "Westernized", not having a specific industrial score. Better once you get machine parts would be to build rail to increase exports, thus improving income that your POPs, including capis, will have to build reserves, so that once laissez-faire parties become available for China after 1900 you can take advantage of them.