• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ADukes said:
The first time yes, but then I made additional necessary changes to the adj-mod.txt and rebuild the adjacent.tbl (Step 3) only, as you had told me in one of your earlier posts of the old thread.
So I guess I must run step 5 too after making changes to adj-mod.txt and adjacent.tbl, right?
Yes, as the lightmap files contain indexes into the adjacent entries, which would change should the adjacent table change.

Well, let's see i extract the whole map succesfully, i don't make any change and when i press 1 to make the initial radish files the mapmaker says that the file map_0_0.ProvID.png is missing when it is obviously in the folder (unmodified)

Why does this happens?

Jamie550 said:
Border: Please explain further

ID Map: See ids.csv

I'll try to explain myself better.

I want to do an spanish map with 50 provinces. The ID's will be the provinces of france and portugal, that will be only one province (called portugal/france)

Then, I need to divided the spanish map into 50 differents provinces, with their differents borders and id's colour.

The question is: How I can do that, how I can imitate the border of a province?

If you don't understand well the question, the help I need is to be taugh how to split up one province.

Can you teach me that?

Thank you a lot

Kretoxian said:
Well, let's see i extract the whole map succesfully, i don't make any change and when i press 1 to make the initial radish files the mapmaker says that the file map_0_0.ProvID.png is missing when it is obviously in the folder (unmodified)

Why does this happens?
You must put the image files in the same map as the map maker tool

rommel_sniper said:
I'll try to explain myself better.

I want to do an spanish map with 50 provinces. The ID's will be the provinces of france and portugal, that will be only one province (called portugal/france)

Then, I need to divided the spanish map into 50 differents provinces, with their differents borders and id's colour.

The question is: How I can do that, how I can imitate the border of a province?

If you don't understand well the question, the help I need is to be taugh how to split up one province.

Can you teach me that?

Thank you a lot
1. You the changes you wants in all borders.png, colorscales.png, tiles.png and ProvID.png. The colours in the ProvID.png are determined by ids.csv.

2. After making map changes you use the adj-mod.txt to delete old connections and to add new one's.

3. You run through the map maker, get your files in the "map"-folder, and copy them into your game

bffff

Can you explain me in step what I need to make that in "bilbao" province appears "bilbao" and "vitoria" ?? 2 in 1??

all steps from I opened the first image until I insert in the game.

Thanks for your information but Languaje problems and doubts makes me so difficult to understand

Thanks a millon

I really think a tutorial needs to be done for this program... because it is very confusing to me. I did everything in the MapExtractor wanted successfully... but when I run MapMaker, it says the image files are missing. They are extracted into "Exported Maps," but how do I get MapMaker to look there? :confused:

rcduggan said:
I really think a tutorial needs to be done for this program... because it is very confusing to me. I did everything in the MapExtractor wanted successfully... but when I run MapMaker, it says the image files are missing. They are extracted into "Exported Maps," but how do I get MapMaker to look there? :confused:
You just copy all the extracted image files to the same folder as the MapMaker

1.How do I get the borders.png&colourscales.png&tiles.png to fit in the game,so that the rivers/borders and provinceborders aren't messy?
2.If I want to make a new province,what else have I to do after doing borders/colourscales/tiles/province.png?
thankfull for any help
greets F+F

I think I've learned how to mod map. However, I have no idea how to make it well. I don't know if this is too much asked, but could somebody (Hannibal?) make few chances into map for me, please? If you say no, I understand completely. But if you make, could you make passages and territory types also (these things I however can do myself also)? Every province would have passage to any province around it.

1) would be Hatay, hills
2) would be Khorug, mountains
3) would be Vakhan, mountains

I'm very thankful if you can do this, it's for Anatolian Wars, which I'm revorking by map and by events also.

i edit a pair of things with GIMP and Paint in map_468_90.colorscales.png, map_468_90.ProvID.png and map_468_90.borders.png

But when i launch the game the border of map_468_90 (only this) is all red

redborderzx7.jpg

What's wrong?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Maybe paint corrupts the colourscales?
EDIT: I don't know if somebody has talked about this yet, but are these:
Code:
2602	80	128	80
like the colourscale: that for example in this one province ID 2602 has colours 80 red, 128 green, 80 blue?

Last edited:
Jamie550 said:
Tien: Does borders.png have the needed transparency? i. e. Does everywhere that is not red or blue in the borders image have an alpha (transparency value) of 0?
Paint has removed the alpha colour :wacko:
Now i use only GIMP and is ok, thank you!

I have one more question.
Why in ObjectEditor i can only change the Counter position but not the Army position?
Is this normal?

Tien said:
Paint has removed the alpha colour :wacko:
Now i use only GIMP and is ok, thank you!

I have one more question.
Why in ObjectEditor i can only change the Counter position but not the Army position?
Is this normal?
Does the army position not show up?

If so, open objects.txt.

Search for "Comment out if you deleted sprites" (without quotes)

Remove the /* at the beginning of the next line and the */ after the closing bracket.