#################################
    An exception has occurred.
    Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Derived from System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException
    Derived from System.SystemException
    Derived from System.Exception
    5/13/2010 11:21:10 AM
    Message: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    Source:

STACK TRACE

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
    Derived from System.IO.IOException
    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CorelibInterop, Version=1.0.3770.31713, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e00f2d50ff2ccb47' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    Source: MapUtility

STACK TRACE
    Void ExRead4ByteOffsets(Int32, Byte*, Int32*)
    at MapUtility.OffsetReader.ExRead4ByteOffsets(Int32 numOffsets, Byte* data, Int32* outData)
    at MapUtility.OffsetReader.Read4ByteOffsets(BinaryRea der br, Int32 numOffsets)
    at MapUtility.OffsetReader.ReadOffsets(BinaryReader br, Int32 width, Int32 height)
    at MapUtility.ReadOnlyLightmap..ctor(Int32 zoomLevel, String folder)
    at MapUtility.MapRenderer.EnsureMapLoaded(Int32 zoom)
    at MapUtility.MapRenderer.Rezoom(Int32 old)
    at MapUtility.MapRenderer..ctor()

Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    Derived from System.ApplicationException
    Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Source: mscorlib

STACK TRACE
    System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandle ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInsta nceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)

Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    Message: Cannot create instance of 'MapRenderer' defined in assembly 'MapUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file 'MapViewer;component/display.xaml' Line 25 Position 4.
    Source: PresentationFramework

STACK TRACE
    Void ThrowException(System.String, System.Exception, Int32, Int32, System.Uri, System.Windows.Markup.XamlObjectIds, System.Windows.Markup.XamlObjectIds, System.Type)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowExce ption(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowExce ption(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExcept ion(String message, Exception innerException)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInsta nceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementA ndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type& delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadEle mentStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElement StartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord( BamlRecord bamlRecord)
    at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolea n singleRecord)
    at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.Pa rseFragment()
    at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncI nfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
    at MS.Internal.AppModel.AppModelKnownContentFactory.B amlConverter(Stream stream, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
    at MS.Internal.AppModel.MimeObjectFactory.GetObjectAn dCloseStream(Stream s, ContentType contentType, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
    at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationService.GetObj ectFromResponse(WebRequest request, WebResponse response, Uri destinationUri, Object navState)
    at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationService.DoNavi gate(Uri source, NavigationMode f, Object navState)
    at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigateQueueItem.Dispat ch(Object obj)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Misc data
    System.Object Could not write misc data

I think I've successfully found a way to create up to 10000 provinces with the 1.2.1 version. I had to download Visual C# Express and modify the source files to replace the hard-coded caps, but it seems to be working just fine. It only seems to work as long as the ids.csv file does not go past an ID entry of 9999, adding any extra lines causing some weird issues. The MapMaker will run and generate the files, but it won't load, and MapViewer shows that it seems to get the color info all screwed up. Also, the settings.txt file needs to be modified to have max provinces moved up to cover the number of provincres (so might as well set to 10000, it works fine even if actual number of provinces is lower). If the settings.txt file isn't set right, the MapMaker program bombs out when running step 4)

Can't use this to generate HOI3 map, since it has over 14000 provinces. But it could be uesd for making AoD maps up to 10K provinces.

In case your interested, here's the new compiled MapMaker.exe. This was made with the source files for 1.2.1, so uses the same CoreLib.dll file as that one.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/omtyjy2hwzq/MapMaker.zip

The link is working for me from my home PC. Not sure why it wouldn't be for you, perhaps it's being blocked for some reason?

Changing code is only illegal if it's copyrighted... I only changed the source code that Jamie released for his 1.2.1 MapUtility program... which isn't copyrighted as far as I know (and considering he released the source, not sure why he would have an issue with it even if it was)

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    The link is working for me from my home PC. Not sure why it wouldn't be for you, perhaps it's being blocked for some reason?

Changing code is only illegal if it's copyrighted... I only changed the source code that Jamie released for his 1.2.1 MapUtility program... which isn't copyrighted as far as I know (and considering he released the source, not sure why he would have an issue with it even if it was)
    OHHH! Never mind then. I thought you changed the hardcoded parts of the HoI2 software.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    If you are using automated ids.csv generation for IDs greater than 10000, it is possible that some colors generated for the IDs will have been duplicated. Otherwise, in theory everything should work - of course, in practice possibly not.
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

No, I generated unique RGB values for all rows... besides, it seems the program checks for repeat RGB values before starting up anyway and would throw an error.

Like I said, it will generate all the files, so technically the program is still working at >= 10K rows, but something goes awry during the generation process. I tested it out by using all the default output files from MapExtractor, and only modding the ids.csv. For Test 1, I put in 10K ids and re-generated the map, wouldn't load up. For Test 2, I put in 9999 ids, and re-generated, and it loaded fine.

All in all, I think this is probably okay. Honestly, 10K and above is probably TOO many provinces... a nice balance between HoI2 and HoI3 would be more preferable, IMHO.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Okay my question, can I use this program to break some of the larger provinces up into say two or three medium to smaller ones? Like Menzen in Russia or some of the other Siberian provinces...

Also Jamie have you put another editor of the units and the rest like you did a couple of years back? Loved that editor.
    Karagin

He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.

He stood his watch and rode tall; 'Till the army hailed him Governor; And he rose to be master of all.

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts; only the heir to the kingdom of idiots fights a war on 12 fronts

Where can I get that program .NET Framework 3.5 that you need to run the mapmaker?

Darkest Hour: Iron Cross MOD map

Hey guys, I can't really make the program working but I am not modder at all... I just would like to extract map from the game and use it for my own purposes (game-based strategy game, whatever)... I keep having problems running either MapExtractor, MapMaker or MapViewer... I would like to extract map from Iron Cross Mod, as I like the map most... Could anyone of you help me, maybe? I could upload all the necessary files, if you would need them...

Btw. I tried to use "Noob's Guide", still didn't make it working...

Thanks in advance for any reply...

+=

What I made wrong?
    Last edited by Antonescu; 26-03-2012 at 19:02.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

this works for darkest hour or only for hoi 2?

Exception: System.MethodAccessException
    2/8/2012 3:13:42
    Source: MapExtractor

STACK TRACE
    Void ExtractGrayscale(MapUtility.Lightmap, System.Drawing.Rectangle)
    at MapUtility.Extraction.ExtractGrayscale(Lightmap map, Rectangle bounds)
    at MapUtility.Extraction.ExtractSection(Lightmap lm, Rectangle bounds)
    at MapUtility.Extraction.ExtractFileTask.TaskOverride ()
    at CoreLib.Task.DoTask(Int32 index, TaskQueue tq)
    at CoreLib.TaskQueue.DoWork(Object value)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    Failed to extract E3 map,can somebody help me to fix this problem please?

Hi, could someone post the video on YouTube with the creation of new provinces, it would be useful for people who do not know perfect English?

Major
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

There is one thing which would make map modding a piece of cake - quick extraction and to TIFF/JPG format with single image file.

Great tool. I'm trying to figure out how it works. Is it compatible with Darkest Hour?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15