• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jafloresl

Marshal of Mexico
47 Badges
Feb 1, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
Hello Everybody.
Playing as Austria in IN, I have +56 prestige, I'm the HRE, a lot of land gained in different wars, a 60k army, the biggest at this time (1456) and then my kings dieds and I had to obey a foreign ruler?, I'm the lesser part in a personal union with Achea!!!, a 1 province country, why is that?.
Then the king of Achea died and another one cames, and again I'm stilll governed by them.
How do I end the union?, or I need to wait for what to happen?.

Thank you.

Your relations towards them need to be below 0 and then you'll have to wait for him to die. usually your pu should split then. I don't know if they did some changes on this in IN, too.

I played as Sweden yesterday and had my relations at 100 with Denmark when their (our) king died, and the union was dissolved. Norway became independent too. So the below 0 thing doesn't seem to be necessary, although it probably helps.

This is IN, btw.

Anther way, probably bug/exploit, if you want to keep relations high but dont mind a stability hit it is also possible to switch goverment type.

When I played austria saxony ruled me, but I was planning to go imperial, but wasnt availeble due to the fact i was a lesser partner, so i temporarely became a republic, voted for another leader then the king of saxony, got my stability to 1 again and switched to Imperial.

warmonger23 said:
Anther way, probably bug/exploit, if you want to keep relations high but dont mind a stability hit it is also possible to switch goverment type.

I did this myself and didn't think of it as an exploit at the time, but would the head of state allow his client kingdom to leave without a fuss? Though sometimes he might not be able to do anything about it.

Thats what I was thinking, that a king wouldn't let his client kingdom get away in such a way.

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
Send them insults to get relations below 0. When their king dies, you'll get free.

I'm using EU: In Nomine.

I'm playing as Lithuania. I insulted Poland up to -190, and my king has died three times already. I'm still in a personal union under them. Is this a bug ? (Or could it be because i'm playing with historical leaders ?)
Also, this could be because of -190 relationship, but when Poland was attacked, i was not drawn into war, not even asked to join it. Finally, Poland is now left with only one province left. Is this not a a bug ?

I will try the option to insult them, but anyway, this must be a bug or something, because how come the big power can be subject of a one province minor?.
Please PARADOX programmers, what is the reason for this?.

the house of navare, the boubons, got the throne of france. the problem is that personal unions are not acurately modeled in this game. if you in a personal uniion and senior partner you should be able to completely control the other nations policy military ect. but whut ya gonna do. :(

jafloresl said:
I will try the option to insult them, but anyway, this must be a bug or something, because how come the big power can be subject of a one province minor?.
Please PARADOX programmers, what is the reason for this?.

I don't think this is wrong... Brandenburg was junior partner in a PU under Luxembourg... and Lithuania, a larger country than Poland, became JP also...

It's a matter of the line of succession... if the first in line is the ruler of another country, no matter how big or small, then he will be the one to rule it... that is, if there are no other claimants to the throne; if there are, then expect a Succession war :cool:

EDIT: Beaten by ilikepie :p

I'm sorry but what are these diplomatic insults people keep talking about? I've received them but I've never been able to give them. I need to keep invoking and revoking trade embargoes to lower relations

When you click on a province another country controls and the Diplomatic menu comes up you must scroll downwards until you find the diplomatic option called "Send Insult", click there, and when asked for confirmation click on the "I do" button...

There, you have just insulted another state! :D

well, in my HTTT brandenburg game, i insulted Luxemburg to very bad relations, dissolved the alliance, and declared war on them, which made me independant...
is it wad or is my installation messed up as none of you guys mentioned this as an oportunity:confused:

well, in my HTTT brandenburg game, i insulted Luxemburg to very bad relations, dissolved the alliance, and declared war on them, which made me independant...
is it wad or is my installation messed up as none of you guys mentioned this as an oportunity:confused:
It's WAD. It's much harder to do in the empire, though, because Bohemia will defend your old lord.

It's WAD. It's much harder to do in the empire, though, because Bohemia will defend your old lord.

which is why I give military access to Bohemia before I DoW Luxemburg...
they rarely seem to take the -5 stability hit (add -2 for very good relations)