+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to end a Personal Union?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

How to end a Personal Union?

Hello Everybody.
    Playing as Austria in IN, I have +56 prestige, I'm the HRE, a lot of land gained in different wars, a 60k army, the biggest at this time (1456) and then my kings dieds and I had to obey a foreign ruler?, I'm the lesser part in a personal union with Achea!!!, a 1 province country, why is that?.
    Then the king of Achea died and another one cames, and again I'm stilll governed by them.
    How do I end the union?, or I need to wait for what to happen?.

Thank you.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Your relations towards them need to be below 0 and then you'll have to wait for him to die. usually your pu should split then. I don't know if they did some changes on this in IN, too.
    Your's sincerly, Lord Stuart of the Disco

"I don't care if monday's blue, tuesday's grey and wednesday too, thursday I don't care about you, it's friday I'm in love!" (the cure)

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Send them insults to get relations below 0. When their king dies, you'll get free.

I played as Sweden yesterday and had my relations at 100 with Denmark when their (our) king died, and the union was dissolved. Norway became independent too. So the below 0 thing doesn't seem to be necessary, although it probably helps.

This is IN, btw.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Anther way, probably bug/exploit, if you want to keep relations high but dont mind a stability hit it is also possible to switch goverment type.

When I played austria saxony ruled me, but I was planning to go imperial, but wasnt availeble due to the fact i was a lesser partner, so i temporarely became a republic, voted for another leader then the king of saxony, got my stability to 1 again and switched to Imperial.
    Kingdom come and gone.

I love Metal so much i share it with everyone in the form of bullets and swords.

Deus Vult!

I speak to you for the first time as Prime Minister in a solemn hour for the life of our country, of our empire, of our allies, and, above all, of the cause of Freedom. A tremendous battle is raging in France and Flanders. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by warmonger23
    Anther way, probably bug/exploit, if you want to keep relations high but dont mind a stability hit it is also possible to switch goverment type.
    I did this myself and didn't think of it as an exploit at the time, but would the head of state allow his client kingdom to leave without a fuss? Though sometimes he might not be able to do anything about it.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Thats what I was thinking, that a king wouldn't let his client kingdom get away in such a way.
    Kingdom come and gone.

I love Metal so much i share it with everyone in the form of bullets and swords.

Deus Vult!

I speak to you for the first time as Prime Minister in a solemn hour for the life of our country, of our empire, of our allies, and, above all, of the cause of Freedom. A tremendous battle is raging in France and Flanders. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ZmajOgnjeniVuk
    Send them insults to get relations below 0. When their king dies, you'll get free.
    I'm using EU: In Nomine.

I'm playing as Lithuania. I insulted Poland up to -190, and my king has died three times already. I'm still in a personal union under them. Is this a bug ? (Or could it be because i'm playing with historical leaders ?)
    Also, this could be because of -190 relationship, but when Poland was attacked, i was not drawn into war, not even asked to join it. Finally, Poland is now left with only one province left. Is this not a a bug ?

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Probably a historical monarchs thing, and if it's that then it's WAD.

Sorry, what does WAD means ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuanian2
    Sorry, what does WAD means ?
    Working As Designed.

Oh, well then i will simply choose non historical leaders ;(

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I will try the option to insult them, but anyway, this must be a bug or something, because how come the big power can be subject of a one province minor?.
    Please PARADOX programmers, what is the reason for this?.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

the house of navare, the boubons, got the throne of france. the problem is that personal unions are not acurately modeled in this game. if you in a personal uniion and senior partner you should be able to completely control the other nations policy military ect. but whut ya gonna do.

64 games registered

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesPenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by jafloresl
    I will try the option to insult them, but anyway, this must be a bug or something, because how come the big power can be subject of a one province minor?.
    Please PARADOX programmers, what is the reason for this?.
    I don't think this is wrong... Brandenburg was junior partner in a PU under Luxembourg... and Lithuania, a larger country than Poland, became JP also...

It's a matter of the line of succession... if the first in line is the ruler of another country, no matter how big or small, then he will be the one to rule it... that is, if there are no other claimants to the throne; if there are, then expect a Succession war

EDIT: Beaten by ilikepie

Insults?

I'm sorry but what are these diplomatic insults people keep talking about? I've received them but I've never been able to give them. I need to keep invoking and revoking trade embargoes to lower relations

64 games registered

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesPenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Isvaelin View Post
    I'm sorry but what are these diplomatic insults people keep talking about? I've received them but I've never been able to give them. I need to keep invoking and revoking trade embargoes to lower relations
    When you click on a province another country controls and the Diplomatic menu comes up you must scroll downwards until you find the diplomatic option called "Send Insult", click there, and when asked for confirmation click on the "I do" button...

There, you have just insulted another state!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

well, in my HTTT brandenburg game, i insulted Luxemburg to very bad relations, dissolved the alliance, and declared war on them, which made me independant...
    is it wad or is my installation messed up as none of you guys mentioned this as an oportunity
    He who knows when to fight will be victorious

Captain
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Samuil View Post
    well, in my HTTT brandenburg game, i insulted Luxemburg to very bad relations, dissolved the alliance, and declared war on them, which made me independant...
    is it wad or is my installation messed up as none of you guys mentioned this as an oportunity
    It's WAD. It's much harder to do in the empire, though, because Bohemia will defend your old lord.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by sapi View Post
    It's WAD. It's much harder to do in the empire, though, because Bohemia will defend your old lord.
    which is why I give military access to Bohemia before I DoW Luxemburg...
    they rarely seem to take the -5 stability hit (add -2 for very good relations)
    He who knows when to fight will be victorious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast