• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An overview of thr known world, 1450's

newspaperip9.png

Since some readers have expressed interest into having a general overview of how the world is doing with this mod and this map, I decided to write small overviews approximatly every 50 game years.

mapofeuropevo3.png

Major changes in the previous decades:

-Hussite Uprising crushed by Bavaria and Hungary
-Bavaria strengten its German core but loose ground in the low countries.
-Scotland gain the dominance in Britain at the expense of Brittany.
-Milan is destroyed by a Tuscan-Swabian coalition
-Hungary's influence in the Balkans increase
-Granada smallow small Christian kingdoms in Iberia
-Jerusalem repeals successive invasions from the Caliphate

Thank you for the update. :D
It seems that everything goes the same way it usually does (still not perfectly the way we would like it, but it's not far from that). I hope this Poland stops being so passive at last and shows its fangs at last.

Good job!

Makes me want to play a country and prevent this ridiculous rise to power. :D

Horray for Summer Vacations I now have time. :cool:

Ahh I like Aberration but I expected a better game. Yes it was very fun at the begining but now I am almost a great power and nobody is seriously threatening me. I expected a struggle for surviving but now its too easy. :eek:o

I may continue this or not. If I continue I can keep it the way it is or simply play an 'hands-off' game and post reports of how the world is going in Aberration..

Last edited:
True, it gives you a great start most of the time, yet after the first 50-75 years or so, the events seem to be to few and mostly individual, without "grand strategy".(although some countries are very well done) Nevertheless, I think this is the only mod I've played where this hasn't put me off. The posibillities are just too great with the map.
I've seen lands being conquered and then reconquered several times in a few decades in a surprisingly realist and interesting way, especially in the Silesian-Bavarian-Polish-Bohemian wars. (though there has been the odd case of a modest Ukraine annexing Finland via a single province they managed to hold in the far north).

Uhm, but I seem to have forgotten my main point. Good game and on to Siberia! ;)

You have expanded quite rapidly...

Who can threaten you, esp. with the Ryazan alliance? Maybe Hungary? :confused:

You can always try give your strongest potential enemies (the Horde, the Teutons, Hungary, maybe Byzantium?) a significant advantage in LT and provoke wars against them :D.

Another way would be to go for Siberia, and then perhaps to try and attack China? Might be fun.

The thing about A4K is that the mod is a constant work-in-progress, still needing to become more balanced. However, we (the developers) don't have that much time, especially since the leader of the project, Jedrek, has disappeared some time ago, together with the motivation of the team...

Don't go for a hands-off game. I'm sure there is still potential left in your game - perhaps try to get involved in central European (namely, Bavarian-Silesian region) politics? You have to keep in mind that you are in a situation similar to that of vanilla Russia, with no really strong enemies after the initial Polish-Lithuanian onslaught has been countered: only minors and nations that used to be major are left in your region, leaving you with bue one prospect: the Steppe and Siberian colonization. Just like Russia does in vanilla or AGCEEP games.

Not dead, but I'm currently making an HoI2 AAR with my mod and I don't want to do two stories at the same time. This AAR will probably return a day or another but don't expect updates soon.