+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: A Greater Netherlands - IN Brabant AAR

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

It looks, you have big chances to win this war. But remember - do not underestimate, their power.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club

Blog Entries
    Go Holland!

(Can't believe I said that. )

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Just reading the AAR and so far, I've got to say it is my all time favourite EUIII AAR. I haven't yet seen one detailed and explained so nicely yet compared to this. Hopefully more people will jump on board but so far, yours in the winner.

Love the maps, easy and simple to read, hope to read more.

One question though I will ask: Do you plan to castrate Britain of all it's colonial holdings or generally leave it's New World colonies intact and just try to go for the gold in the East? Would be nice and historical if Britain did still keep it's colonies yet lost important ones like in reality with Holland losing important colonies to the British.

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Well done! Sinking their navy was a big first step towards winning this war.

This really is a great AAR. But the pre-mature colonization of EU III still bothers the hell out of me. I refuse to play it before that changes.
    1 Member of Parliament
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Secularism
    Ideology: Green
    Issues: Climate/Peace
    Current Work: Comittees of defense and foreign affairs.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JakopDalunde
    This really is a great AAR. But the pre-mature colonization of EU III still bothers the hell out of me. I refuse to play it before that changes.
    Use Magna Mundi, that should fix the problem
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

FYROM, I've been reading this AAR as a lurker and enjoying it very much, especially the maps. I think you've inspired me to begin working on an AAR of my own.

Temperance Society President FYROM's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Slight delay, as I get my new computer up and running. No problems yet, but its amazing how many programs you have to install after a reformat. I'll finally be able to run EU3 at a reasonable speed, whoo!
    "The Landgrave of Hesse founded a Temperance Society but its first President died of drink." - C. V. Wedgewood

A Greater Netherlands - An In Nomine Brabant/Dutch AAR
    Over 300 years of politics, bloodshed, religion and trade

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I just spent the last two hours reading...FYROM, this AAR is simply excellent. You've a gift for the written word, to say the least. This has inspired me to begin my own Dutch campaign.

Looking forward to your next update!

Absolutely amazing.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

^^ So true, can't wait for the next update

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I too spent a couple of hours this past weekend reading this straight through... this really is quite an excellent AAR. Can't wait for the next update.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Computer's finished, and now everything runs so much smoother. I can't believe I put up with the slowdown before. So, back to writing updates - later today, the Peninsular Campaign, followed by fighting in the Sulu Sea and South Africa, Mexico and Manhattan, and the War of the Bishops.
    "The Landgrave of Hesse founded a Temperance Society but its first President died of drink." - C. V. Wedgewood

Quote Originally Posted by FYROM
    Computer's finished, and now everything runs so much smoother. I can't believe I put up with the slowdown before. So, back to writing updates - later today, the Peninsular Campaign, followed by fighting in the Sulu Sea and South Africa, Mexico and Manhattan, and the War of the Bishops.
    Great, a faster computer means more updates right
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

Chapter 32 – The First World War (1671-1674)

The Peninsular Campaign – 1671

Before the Grand Navy returned to port from the Battle of the North Channel, word arrived in Breda that King João was in dire need of assistance. With the bulk of its forces defending her overseas territories, Portugal retained only a small Home Guard to defend the mainland. The Home Guard lacked the manpower to defend Portugal’s long border with Castille, forcing João to abandon the south and concentrate on protecting the northern city of Oporto. Early on the Castillian army overran much of the Portuguese countryside, slowing down only to besiege the outer ring of fortified towns surrounding the capital of Lisboa. It was only a matter of time before the Castillians broke through and sacked the city.

With the Eastern Atlantic cleared of enemy ships, the Netherlands was free to use its extensive merchant fleet to come to Portugal’s aid. In early summer the Army of Holland was dispatched to the south with fifteen regiments under General Willem van Wesembeke. Hoping to open a second front against the advancing Castillians, van Wesembeke landed his forces at Huelva on June 7, catching the Castillian Army by surprise. With little intelligence on how large an army lay to his south, King Enrique cancelled the assault on Lisboa and withdrew the bulk of his forces back into Castille, leaving armies in Algarve to the south and Galicia to the north to cover the retreat.

The surprise capture of Huelva was a major coup for the Dutch expedition, but it incurred heavy casualties in an unsuccessful attempt to expand the bridgehead towards Sevilla. With the immediate threat to Lisboa lifted, van Wesembeke decided to encamp in Hueva over the summer to await reinforcement. The States-General dispatched an additional 8,000 Bavarian mercenaries to bolster van Wesembeke’s army, while van Wesembeke was able to raise an additional two auxiliary regiments of North African Berbers from Morocco. By early fall the Army of Holland had swelled to almost 20,000 soldiers, and was prepared to resume campaigning. In September the superior Dutch army routed King Enrique’s Ejército de Granada at Faro, relieving the ten month siege of the port. Enrique fled with the remnants of his army, heading northwards with van Wesembeke on his heels. His army was slowly picked apart by the pursuing Dutch, with the survivors drifting back across the border into Castille.

In the meantime, the situation turned ugly for the Portuguese in the north. After an abortive attempt to capture Galicia, King João’s army was pushed back by a concerted assault from the north and east. Abandoning its artillery and wagon train, the Home Guard retreated into Oporto, which was besieged by the pursuing Castillians. In response, the States-General put the Dutch fleet to work shipping grain to the beleaguered port, allowing the defenders to hold on while another relief expedition could be mounted.

Osorio surrenders at Bragança

In November General van der Aa’s Army of Flanders finally arrived at Oporto, doubling the size of Dutch forces on the peninsula and driving back the northern Castillian army. The Castillian commander Tomás Osorio decided to withdraw to the border town of Bragança to wait out the winter. Believing that he had lost the Army of Flanders in the rugged Sierra de Gatas, he was unaware that the Army of Holland was marching north towards his position. On November 22 he ran headlong into van Wesembeke’s forces. Trapped between the two Dutch armies, he decided to surrender rather than fight a hopeless battle. Osorio’s surrender left Portugal free to Castillian forces, giving the Dutch expeditionary armies breathing room to prepare for the spring.

Next – Taking the fight into Spain
    Last edited by FYROM; 02-08-2008 at 03:34.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great job on saving your allly!
    I hope the invasion of Spain goes as well.

Fan of the week 12/06/10, Thanks trekaddict!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryRome Gold

Do you ever lose a battle?
    Wenn der Sheriff reiten geht, reiten alle mit.

~Daf, Der Sheriff~

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

It look like youre, going on! Press them, and take them down!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Just for reference, what are your game Options set up as? Is it on Very Hard? Are Lucky Nations on or off? That sort of thing.

Keep up the excellent work. Go the Netherlands!

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon
    Do you ever lose a battle?
    I lost a good bit at the beginning against Burgundy, but I try to pick my battles. However, I haven't been entirely successful during this war, and I'm sure that landing in England will be a bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat
    Just for reference, what are your game Options set up as? Is it on Very Hard? Are Lucky Nations on or off? That sort of thing.

Keep up the excellent work. Go the Netherlands!
    Its on Historical Lucky Nations, and I started with it on Normal until about 1520 or so, and then I switched it to Hard.

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Hehe, sounds like the dutch are strategic geniouses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast