• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It did not get in : I will have to postpone my final judgment on this issue, until I have actually seen the new peace system myself.

I still hope they made *some* usefull changes in dealing with beaten majors. We will just have to wait and see.

unddu said:
I still hope they made *some* usefull changes in dealing with beaten majors. We will just have to wait and see.
As said already I think that peace treaties are more reasonable in IN. The basic problem of "Conquer them all!" treaties is, that although there are some historical examples, enabling them for all cases of "100% war score" (or similar) would mean that Europe would be unrecognizable about 50 or 100 game years in.

Well as I said , I will have to wait and see in order to judge how reasonable the peace treaties are.

I just have a huge trauma of fighting france for ages and ages conquering *EVERY* single shitty island they had (asia america africa) AND Still not getting more than 5 provinces....

Alerias said:
A few questions to sate my curiosity please G'kar :)

"Colonial system changed":
Any change to the Colonial Ventures Idea, or does it still give 1 whole colonist per year? Its not showing up in the changed ideas list, but I figure it might have replaced outright by Land of Opportunity?

Well I'm not G'kar, but no, Colonial Ventures wasn't changed. LoO is an extra idea.

Alerias said:
"Colonial Assimilation":
Are there any drawbacks to using this?

No, only that it costs a colonist.

Alerias said:
"Units can scorch owned provinces":
How long does the scorched earth effect lasts?

2 years.

Alerias said:
"Pirates are made more common":
What is the average size of a pirate fleet now? What size was the largest/strongest pirate fleet you've had to battle?

Average size is about 2 ships. Largest I've seen is 6. They appear a lot more often now though, unless you patrol.

Alerias said:
"Each placed merchant now reduces competition chance by 0.5%."
Was this value made moddable by putting it in one of the editable txt files? (staticmodifiers or define.txt, I'd presume?)

Static-modifiers:
Code:
placed_merchants = {
	merchant_compete_chance = -0.005		#-20% at 40 placed.
}

Try it out before you change it though!

Alerias said:
"There is now a reset in relations and timers with all other vassals when you diplomatically annex one"
Has it been made easier to diploannex a country when you meet the requirements or do you still have to deal with Unlikely/Maybe odds almost all the time? When the timer resets, does that mean that 10 years later, you'll have unlikely odds to diploannex a vassal you've had for 200 years? When you say it resets relations, does that mean that whenever you annex a vassal, all other vassals' relations are set to 0? Take a hit? Can a vassal with negative relations gain relations because of this?

A vassal has to have been you vassal for 10 years before you can annex them, each time you annex a vassal this timer is reset. So basically you can only annex 1 vassal every 10 years. You also have better chances to annex they longer they have been your vassal, but this is based off the same timer so it's also reset. I've had long term vassals be rated as "likely".

Vassal relations aren't reset to 0, just jsut take a hit. -50 IIRC.

The new diplo skill rating gives better annexion chances as well as everything that previously did.

Alerias said:
"Infiltrate Administration"
How long does it lasts? Is it relatively trivial to do?

Lasts a year. It's quite easy to do.

Alerias said:
"Empire" form of government"
Stats? :)

+0.25 land morale.

Alerias said:
- When using spy action to increase revolt risk, does it have any effect on the type of rebel that will pop up in that province?

No, rebel types are affected by stuff within that country/province. You only increas the base chance of some king of rebelion.

Alerias said:
- Max tech level. Is the new maximum technology level 68?

Thanks, starting a game just now after I got the key registered(forum is busyx200 !), torn between what country to go for though with these changes in mind, want to experience as many as I can. :p

G'Kar said:
[*]Removed cap on technology costs when expanding.
[/list]

What does this literally mean - no tech cost increase from gaining new provinces? If so then it must be very strange...

Cortes_R said:
What does this literally mean - no tech cost increase from gaining new provinces? If so then it must be very strange...
It's the opposite. Before IN tech costs didn't increase when you had 93 (?) provinces and got more. Now it does.

G'Kar said:
It's the opposite. Before IN tech costs didn't increase when you had 93 (?) provinces and got more. Now it does.

I see, it`s good then :)
I `ve misunderstood the term "cap"...

badboy change

Necromancy alert!:)

Significant change that was not on G'Kar's list: taking core provinces in a peace deal no longer gives any badboy/reputation hit. Cores gave the same badboy as non-cores in NA 2.2 and earlier.

Necromancy alert!:)

Significant change that was not on G'Kar's list: taking core provinces in a peace deal no longer gives any badboy/reputation hit. Cores gave the same badboy as non-cores in NA 2.2 and earlier.

Didn't know this. I rarely get to take provinces with my own core. Very nice to know category though.