• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
t0m said:
Probably that they can become an Empire instead of a Kingdom, this is going to be amazing! The King of Ming does sounds a little weird.
True, but doesnt the new system mean western europe, eastern europe and the muslim world and not asia or the new world?

"The AI will never propose or accept demands of >100 peace value."

Whu? :(

A few questions to sate my curiosity please G'kar :)

"Colonial system changed":
Any change to the Colonial Ventures Idea, or does it still give 1 whole colonist per year? Its not showing up in the changed ideas list, but I figure it might have replaced outright by Land of Opportunity?

"Colonial Assimilation":
Are there any drawbacks to using this?

"Units can scorch owned provinces":
How long does the scorched earth effect lasts?

"It is no longer possible to declare war on other countries' vassals."
If you have a casus belli against a vassal country, does it count towards allowing you to DoW its overlord without penalties, or is it effectively useless?

"Pirates are made more common":
What is the average size of a pirate fleet now? What size was the largest/strongest pirate fleet you've had to battle?

"Each placed merchant now reduces competition chance by 0.5%."
Was this value made moddable by putting it in one of the editable txt files? (staticmodifiers or define.txt, I'd presume?)

"Human played HRE electors can vote"
Can you still vote for yourself, or has this been changed to be made more historical?

"There is now a reset in relations and timers with all other vassals when you diplomatically annex one"
Has it been made easier to diploannex a country when you meet the requirements or do you still have to deal with Unlikely/Maybe odds almost all the time? When the timer resets, does that mean that 10 years later, you'll have unlikely odds to diploannex a vassal you've had for 200 years? When you say it resets relations, does that mean that whenever you annex a vassal, all other vassals' relations are set to 0? Take a hit? Can a vassal with negative relations gain relations because of this?

"Infiltrate Administration"
How long does it lasts? Is it relatively trivial to do?

"Empire" form of government"
Stats? :)

"If a capital is held by rebels for 2 years straight, the country will break."
Doesnt this make turboannexations trivial?

"Added an option regarding lucky nations"
What are the nations "historically" lucky? Spain, France, England, Austria, Russia, OE? (Guessing). If so, did anyone manage to survive as Byzantium so far against a lucky OE?

- When using spy action to increase revolt risk, does it have any effect on the type of rebel that will pop up in that province?

- Max tech level. Is the new maximum technology level 68?

Thanks a ton for any answers you can provide :)

Trade goods in empty provinces everywhere in the world are unknown before they contain a colony of a certain size. Then their trade good is determined by event.
wait wait wait...
So lets say I colonize Havana and I get a city there. Then an event pops up and now a province in the middle of the Caribbean, produces fur? :wacko:
I hope this is not the case...
I mean, That will just ruin the damn game. Unlike history you can't just magically change a land that produces sugar cane plentifully into producing cotton... or Beavers and its fur for that matter. :confused:

Knight Richard said:
wait wait wait...
So lets say I colonize Havana and I get a city there. Then an event pops up and now a province in the middle of the Caribbean, produces fur? :wacko:
I hope this is not the case...
I mean, That will just ruin the damn game. Unlike history you can't just magically change a land that produces sugar cane plentifully into producing cotton... or Beavers and its fur for that matter. :confused:

If they did it smart, theres probably random goods that fit the local flavor... so you probably couldnt get Fur in the Antillas (I hope). But it could be sugar, coffee, tobacco, or fish (if you dont get lucky), or maybe gold, even grain? Similarly, I suppose an African province could be Ivory, or Slaves, or Grain, etc...

If they made it fully random everywhere, the game will definitely lose some realistic flavour, but I suspect they know better than do this.

I think there was something in the manual about the resource being context-sensitive.

Probably they will have it so province in the Carribean region get to randomly produce one of tobacco, coffee, sugar, etc, while provinces in the Canada region get fur, naval supplies, etc.

Can a human elector vote for, say, the Aztecs? :eek:o

Vladislav said:
Can a human elector vote for, say, the Aztecs? :eek:o
Why not if they are eligble? Obviously at the start of the game they are not. I don't see any reason why you'd think you could vote for a country that was not eligible to be Emperor and even if you could it would just be wasted since none of the AI electors would.

Alerias said:
If they did it smart, theres probably random goods that fit the local flavor... so you probably couldnt get Fur in the Antillas (I hope). But it could be sugar, coffee, tobacco, or fish (if you dont get lucky), or maybe gold, even grain? Similarly, I suppose an African province could be Ivory, or Slaves, or Grain, etc...
still, not very "realistic". :(
You just can't take a mountainous region like eastern Cuba, ideal for coffee, and have grain grow on it.
Hope this will be easily modded out.

But why do I even care. :p I don't plan on buying IN until NA is lowered on price. lol

jdrou said:
Why not if they are eligble? Obviously at the start of the game they are not. I don't see any reason why you'd think you could vote for a country that was not eligible to be Emperor and even if you could it would just be wasted since none of the AI electors would.
I was thinking that it would be funny to have a MP game wherein everyone played as an elector and voted for the Aztecs/Ming/Maldives. That's all. :p

They won't purpose over 100 peace value.

I was referring to why they think that is a good idea...

I can picture it now, sat on the ruins of the mighty fortress of Constantinople discussing surrender terms:

"Now, whilst we realise you have defeated thirty thousand of our men and conquered our great nation from the Frankish lands through to the ends of the Black Sea... but we will not sign any surrender agreement that requires us to give up more than the odd balkan state!"

...and in the halls of Versailles:

"Ulrich Graf von Brockdorff-Rantzau, we DEMAND to take control of 50% of your iron and steel industry, but we realise there's a fixed cap on quite how much of your territory we can actually take from you so... yes... let us forget that.

We also DEMAND you cede all your colonies... oh wait. Nevermind, let me just get the rubber.

How about a demilitarised zone? Oh bugger, we forgot the legal template for that one. Limits on your armed forces in future? I just know I had a standardised form for that for you to sign.... maybe not as I can't find it in my briefcase.

Well how about trying your leaders for war crimes? Not possible? Not at all? Okay, well I guess we'll just agree to hand Alsace-Lorraine to the French then. That ok? Good, good."

Until EU3 provides an option to 'decapitate the Emir and put his meekest officer in charge of signing the surrender papers... and screw the inevitable resentment', this just detracts even farther from reasonable handling of peace agreements.

Henry V said:
THIS will force me to adjust my strategy! I have gotten used to colonizing only provinces with sugar, coffee, spices, and so on while avoiding fish, grain, and slaves due to their low value. Does this mean the Caribbean will no longer be the world's sugar supply?

Of course, this will make each game different. The same strategy gets boring after a while.

I recommended they do that back in EU1...one of my first posts ever :D

TxJackalope said:
With all the new advisor types is advisor spawn still based on having 3 for each country in the tech group?

I hope not, the old system was ridiculously annoying for players. Micromanagement hell, and the AI ended up with the good advisors anyway.

I understand stuff changed there though. Advisors being province-based, I suspect larger kingdoms will see more advisors. I hope I understood that right. A world spanning empire should have no problem recruiting three competent guys.

Hmm that new warscore thing is going to really make me change my strategy. Not a bad thing to me though, the end date for this game is far before the real notion of "total war" and "total domination" that you see in WWI or WWII. I think that many of the peace options are far less expensive though, particularly freeing nations. It will also make vassalization a bigger tool.

I think the random trade goods is going to be very strange and very cool. BTW, the manual says this is decided by an event based on "the location of the province." This indicates to me that you won't see ivory pop up in the New World, and certain places will be pre-disposed to have certain types of goods.

And that missionary system is awesome. Now I can convert those heathens without breaking my bank and hurting my clicking finger.

Bael

Can excommunication/crusades, &c. be implemented in the history database?

For example, am I able to load up in the 16th century to have Elizabeth I already excommunicated?

Seems like most of the Magna Mundi mod has been incorporated in. I'm dissapointed on the 100% peace value thing. If that's hard coded, can we make non-core provinces worth a fraction of their current value? Cause I'm sick of having unrealistically generous peace deals due to a technicality.