• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice update!
Sure, the British didn't forget about Little Belgium, but what about the Netherlands? Have they already fallen?

Very nice update!
Sure, the British didn't forget about Little Belgium, but what about the Netherlands? Have they already fallen?

No, but there the fight is a foregone conclusion, and the IGS reasoned that the Netherlands were indefensible, and any forces there would inevitably cut off, but if they'd get pushed out of Belgium, they could at least retreat to France.

there'll be no snide comments from captured german airmen about our crappy formations in this war then, excellent. cant wait to see how the british do in their first action. which appears to be just around the corner.

there'll be no snide comments from captured german airmen about our crappy formations in this war then, excellent. cant wait to see how the british do in their first action. which appears to be just around the corner.

The RAF still trains them for airshows and all that, but they aren't used in combat. The Stafford Battlegroup will indeed see action soon. In a day or so.

Good luck the Hussars - did you land 2 divisions (1 ARM, 1 INF)?

Excellent. Let the trenches be dug as you hold Belgium as an enclave (seeing as France will surrender/collaborate as soon as is possible)

Le Jones They will need it. I landed nothing at all, these units are just roleplayed in order to have British units in action, it's just a regiment of Tanks with a battalion of Motorized Infantry. But once the BEF is landed we will have: 4xARM with heavy tanks, 2xMot with Armoured Cars, and 22 INF with Artillery.

Lord Strange The thing is, if France falls, then I will have to pull the BEF out, if only for home defence reasons. Also, even with the 28 Divisions of the BEF, I won't be able to hold against the 200+ Axis Divisions, even with the Belgian Army for help. I do however intend to defend Belgium and France as long as possible, as both countries are unable to do so themselves. The Belgians because there are so few of them the French... well, they are French.

Giving up the Netherlands could be somewhat controversial, though as they tried hardest to preserve their neutrality they can hardly complain that no-one's able to co-operate quickly.

Assuming the Fall of France does indeed happen (with the greatest will in the world I fear the BEF is too small to make a substantial difference given the vast scale of opposition) I wonder if Vichy will fire? Would that perhaps be the trigger for splits in the unholy alliance, as the Soviets realise they've gained very little from the campaign while Germany gains a great deal?

Giving up the Netherlands could be somewhat controversial, though as they tried hardest to preserve their neutrality they can hardly complain that no-one's able to co-operate quickly.

Assuming the Fall of France does indeed happen (with the greatest will in the world I fear the BEF is too small to make a substantial difference given the vast scale of opposition) I wonder if Vichy will fire? Would that perhaps be the trigger for splits in the unholy alliance, as the Soviets realise they've gained very little from the campaign while Germany gains a great deal?

Concerns noted, answer in a PM due to spoiler alert. Let me know what you think.

Let's see what a little professional force can do in Little Belgium. The Old Contemptibles Redux...

Let's see what a little professional force can do in Little Belgium. The Old Contemptibles Redux...

I'm really not sure about that. Without maligning the memory of the brave men of the BEF in 1940, the Army as a whole was simply not comparable in terms of training, equipment, and leadership to the 1914 force. Trekaddict, who are the key officers leading your mighty horde?

I'm really not sure about that. Without maligning the memory of the brave men of the BEF in 1940, the Army as a whole was simply not comparable in terms of training, equipment, and leadership to the 1914 force. Trekaddict, who are the key officers leading your mighty horde?

When it is deployed, the CinC BEF will be Ironside, ( a political appointment ) also commander of the Tank Component of the BEF, I (UK) Tank Corps. Other than that I used randomly selected leaders I'm afraid. This will show later on. The BEF is a far from perfect force, but it is far more capable than the OTL BEF, as many of the more incompetent Officers have been pushed aside or give non descript commands. The Army as a whole is indeed not comparable to 1914, as the intiated pre-war reforms have not been filtered through to the entire service yet. As said, I gave the Corps commands to randomly selected Old-Guards to stay in Character. When/If France falls, many of those will face questions. To put it this way, there will be no shortage of retired Generals. :D But the individual Divisions, especially those freshly raised, are commanded by capable young Officers, or those that are atl east capable. For example the 7th Armoured is commanded by Hobart who will later go on to take a Corps command, while Monty will remain a no-name commander at a frontier posting in northern India. God knows why the game keeps putting him there. Then, as the Army grows, the Generals actually leading it will grow with it.

I must also admit, back when I played this section of the game, I made some very noobish mistakes, and I gained a lot of experience then, because this was the longest game I played to date.

. For example the 7th Armoured is commanded by Hobart who will later go on to take a Corps command, while Monty will remain a no-name commander at a frontier posting in northern India. God knows why the game keeps putting him there. Then, as the Army grows, the Generals actually leading it will grow with it.

whats wrong with monty? :(

So an update? Also you must use Vicount Slim of Burma. An excellent general (and he went to my school)

So an update? Also you must use Vicount Slim of Burma. An excellent general (and he went to my school)

Well, later on there will be quite some behind the lines small unit action. I'm sure I can fit him in somewhere. The next update is in the works, be not afraid. Also, as I just got accepted into the university of my choice, I am understandable elated. Hooray.
:D

Well, later on there will be quite some behind the lines small unit action. I'm sure I can fit him in somewhere. The next update is in the works, be not afraid. Also, as I just got accepted into the university of my choice, I am understandable elated. Hooray.
:D

Congratulations! Enjoy it and well done!

Now to the AAR - Slim was in the Empire at the time...

Congratulations! Enjoy it and well done!

Now to the AAR - Slim was in the Empire at the time...

Yes. Indeed he was. And in [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act], he will lead [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act].

Yes. Indeed he was. And in [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act], he will lead [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act].
Damnit, I hate [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act] for passing the [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act] because it's [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act].
Curse the [Censored under the 1939 Official Secrets Act]!