• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
von Braun's.
Von Braun. *shudder*

The man who aimed for the stars, but kept missing and hitting London. Surely there's someone more competent than that hack? Given the destitute state of the economy the post-war British rocket programme wasn't that bad.

Assuming your Britain keeps the big lead from jet engines there will be some of the best combustion design engineers and fluid mechanics experts in the world. If you don't give all that information away, stop the talent going with it and don't suffer Labour mismanagement I think 1965 is perhaps a tad conservative. ;)

Von Braun. *shudder*

The man who aimed for the stars, but kept missing and hitting London. Surely there's someone more competent than that hack? Given the destitute state of the economy the post-war British rocket programme wasn't that bad.

Assuming your Britain keeps the big lead from jet engines there will be some of the best combustion design engineers and fluid mechanics experts in the world. If you don't give all that information away, stop the talent going with it and don't suffer Labour mismanagement I think 1965 is perhaps a tad conservative. ;)

Because of spoilers, the answer will be in a PM.

britmoon.gif

Does this answer your question?

And the Empire does not control the Free World, it is simply leading it, as it is the "Wests" only Superpower, and that only be default, really. :D

Beautiful, simply beautiful. :D

the only bad thing about the british landing on the moon is that you, as writer, have to come up with a speech that sounds properly british and is better than 'one small step...'

the only bad thing about the british landing on the moon is that you, as writer, have to come up with a speech that sounds properly british and is better than 'one small step...'
I suggest similar words to the ones Sir Edmund Hillary used after conquering Everest;

"Control, we've knocked the bastard off."

If not it has to be something cool, understated and self-depreciating.

Its pretty bloody good, but, well, where next?
would be a decent line.

I suggest similar words to the ones Sir Edmund Hillary used after conquering Everest;

"Control, we've knocked the bastard off."

If not it has to be something cool, understated and self-depreciating.

Then I trust you won't be writing it? ;)

Then I trust you won't be writing it? ;)

Now, chaps, let's stay civil. :D

Anyway, if I ever get that far, then I will make it appropriately big.

Now, chaps, let's stay civil. :D

Anyway, if I ever get that far, then I will make it appropriately big.

Of course... But a friendly tweaking of the Bulldog's tail is always in good sport.

Just make sure the Commies don't beat you there... Perhaps an expatriate Neil Armstrong can plant the old US flag next to the Union Jack as a thumb in the eye to those Red Traitors!

Of course... But a friendly tweaking of the Bulldog's tail is always in good sport.

Just make sure the Commies don't beat you there... Perhaps an expatriate Neil Armstrong can plant the old US flag next to the Union Jack as a thumb in the eye to those Red Traitors!

Naa. The Reds won't beat me to the moon. In fact, they won't even beat me into space, as all that reduced, but still rather nifty Nazi rocket tech would fall into my hands.

As long as the Eagle doesn't mind a few ruffled feathers in return. ;)

Chapter 84

FormerUSEmbassy.jpg

11th October, 1939

On the express train to Ottawa

Felix was glad that the CSIS had bothered to give him a First-Class ticket on the express to Ottawa, at least it would allow him to catch up on some much-needed sleep, but it eluded him. His mind was racing with all that had happened, and the last few days had been especially busy. In the aftermath of the incident on that cold road, CSIS had gone into overdrive, because apparently one of them was a recognized and tagged spy, having previously worked for the Soviet Embassy. When the Canadians had rounded up all the known German and Soviet spies at the beginning of the war, he had slipped away, to emerge in a car that was interfering in an ( as far as Sanders and his people knew ) MI6 investigation that seemed to implicate the Americans, or Spams, as the Navy seemed to call them as of late. All of it was very mysterious for Felix, because this indicated...no, seemed to indicate that perhaps they weren't behind it after all. It made no sense! He knew that his tired mind wasn't working at full capacity, and that the solution to it all was swimming around somewhere in the muddled pond that were his thoughts. If only...if only....Three hours later the train pulled into the eastern station in Ottawa, and Felix suddenly awoke when the train ground to a halt. The smoke from the engine dissipated, and Felix could have a look at the platform. He knew that his paranoia probably way over the top, but since all leads, including the contact's name Felix had gotten out of the spy, pointed to Ottawa, there was no way around taking the trip. Ian, still convalescing in Halifax had suggested that he simply enjoy the trip and the possibility to be amongst his own for a change. Felix had quickly given in. Now here he was, stepping onto the platform, slowly dragging his small suitcase behind him, making his way out of the station.

It felt strange to be out of uniform for the first time in months, but he felt that he was less conspicuous if he wore civilian clothing for this trip. He stepped out of the station and was instantly greeted with the first snowfall of this year, which turned the streets into slippery tracks, coated with the usual mushy first snow. Felix however was lucky that there were still a few taxis running, and he managed to catch one with relative ease. He sent it on his way to the old US Embassy, not too far from the station. The name of the contact that the shooter had revealed had turned out to be fake, but Sanders, thanks to some creative digging and calling in a few favours within the RCMP, had managed to secure his real name, as it turned out, he had changed his name some time back, and was now working for the Exiles, communicating with his agents via coded telegraphs and phone calls, or so at least the shooter had said before he had passed out in the hospital. It was all very strange for Felix, because more and more he had the feeling that he had been played all along. The more he thought about it, the more the evidence presented to him seemed all too convenient, all to much fitting his conclusions. Why, for example, had the occupant at the farm not even made an attempt of throwing them off the scent? Had he simply claimed to have bought the farm a few days ago, as the papers in the city hall of Halifax indicated, they would have had nothing to go on. And after Ian was shot, it had taken the CSIS and the RCMP several hours to get themselves together and out to the farm, so why had the weapons cache not been emptied or destroyed, or at least wired and booby-trapped? It seemed more and more as if someone had led them on from the beginning. But then again, the attack on himself didn't make any sense, unless... Felix leaned back in the car and started to massage his temples with his index fingers. He desperately needed a coffee, and to this end he had the driver stop at a small coffee shop. Luckily they accepted his Royal Navy ration cards, and soon he was back in the car, occasionally sipping some of the best Bolivian Coffee on the market. 'Praise the lord for Spam neutrality' he thought. Thanks the professed UAPR neutrality and the resulting good shape of the convoy system in the Atlantic and the Caribbean, there was still a good supply of good Coffee to be had in Canada, imported from south America, thanks to the ever-growing Canadian Merchant Navy. Felix made a mental not to enquire why so little of it found its way across the North Atlantic to Britain.

'Anyway,' he though, 'Why?' Why indeed. Perhaps 'they' had felt that he was getting too close....However, this was something he would ask them when he had them cornered. For now he needed to speak with someone at the Embassy. To that end Sanders had arranged an informal meet with an unspecified member of the exile community, one that he had really come to trust. It seemed that the Spams were not the only ones who had their people in the USGE. Some time later Felix was walking past the Embassy Marines at the entry and entered the building. As it had been in London, this was something of a homecoming for him. Felix approached the clerk who was manning the reception, and asked: “I am Commander Leiter, I have an appointment.” The clerk ringed for relief and said: “Follow me please, Commander.” in a broad Texas accent. Felix was led through a multitude of corridors, all filled with extremely busy people, somewhat surprising for an embassy that no longer had a country to represent. The clerk knocked at a door on the top floor, motioning for Felix to go through. “Well, well. Felix Leiter you old fraud! This would have been the last thing I expected when that CSIS guy called me.” Felix' looked up and sure enough, his hearing had not deceived him. “Well bugger me. Daniel Shannon. What the fucking hell are you doing here? Last time I saw you was when you left for DC!” Felix yelled, running around the table and slapping his childhood friend on the back. “I am working for the President, I am his personal troubleshooter so to speak.” He looked at Felix with a strange look and said: “It seems that you joined the limeys, eh?” Felix made a throwaway gesture with his right hand and answered dismissively: “Yeah, well, you know how it was a few years back. I had nothing to live from and the Brits were recruiting for the RN, so I signed up.” Sobering up, Shannon sat back down and had Felix do the same. He went straight down to business. “So you're not here for pleasure I think.” Felix nodded and said. “'fraid not, man. You must have heard of that thing with the BOAC floatplane a while back? Well, we found out that it was sabotage, and so here I am, investigating it all.”

“I see. And what can the United States Government in Exile do for the MI6?” Felix felt uneasy, so he cleared his voice and said: “We tracked it down to a member of your staff.” Felix paused and watched all sorts of emotions play over Daniels face. “Who?” “Andrew Savalek.” “What? How can you know that?” Felix sighed and proceeded to explain, beginning with his and Ian's arrival in Halifax all these days ago. After a few minutes he said: “I..uhm...came across a guy who was working for a certain Mr. Charleston, and when we investigated the name, we found out that it was associated with a man who had worked for the Soviet Embassy until he was nearly arrested back in 1937. He then dropped out of sight, only to re-emerge as Savalek a few months later. We only managed to tie it to him because when we went through the stuff we found at the farm, and found a set of background papers hidden away in the wall of the weapons chest, hidden behind the box for the circuit breakers. It seems that in all the panic he seems to have forgotten to take it with him, when he left the farm a few days ago, because as it turned out, he was the previous owner, for all we know, he also was the current one, but that's beside the point. All we know of his current location is, that he took a train to Ottawa a few days ago.” Shannon nodded and replied to what he had just been told. “So, do you want to put him behind bars right now, or would you like to get the rest of it?” “Following him around wouldn't do us any good. If he has half a brain he has already ordered his network to disappear into nothingness. What I am interested in is who he himself got his orders from, and frankly, I am tired of simply following him.” And so, only half an hour later, Mr. Savalek heard a knocking noise at the door of his ground-level office.

[Game Notes: I expect this particular plotline to last at best a couple more updates or so. I also just noticed that I wrote the date incorrectly all this time because I didn't bother to check if the Brits wrote it differently from the Americans. :eek:o ]

Also: Vote for this AAR in the AARland Choice Awards!

Will do so when I have the time? Also, could we have an ingame map of Poland, or is that not allowed? I want to see Fortress Warsaw fighting off the Hordes!

Will do so when I have the time? Also, could we have an ingame map of Poland, or is that not allowed? I want to see Fortress Warsaw fighting off the Hordes!

Unbenannt-5.png

Here you go.

already voted that way, old chap. the plot thickens, as usual.. :) i'm slightly worried now that it seems felix is being manipulated like a puppet for mysterious means. and well done about the date, though i hadnt actually noticed.

Good to see Felix doing some work... :p
Just a small question. When will Ian be back in action?