+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 327 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 111 136 161 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 6522

Thread: Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    The poles are doing good.

For once.
    You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word - Al Capone

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned
    • Cookie from DoomBunny for recognizing Dr. Strangelove references

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    For twice, bearing in mind robw's AAR.
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

At least this time they won't end up being communists if I have anything to say about it.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 03/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Finally got a chance to read the latest update.

As others have said an excellent way of getting across the relevant facts without breaking the narrative. Good update.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Trek, a good news for you. I just nominated you as my successor for the Writer of the Week! You truly deserve it, so congrats!
    Last edited by gaiasabre11; 12-01-2009 at 02:48.
    When we created Artificial Intelligence, we also created Artificial Stupidity. - Gaia commenting on robots.
    Proud member of shipbucket, and my own gaiabucket

French Mod 1914 Alternate History AAR (1897- ?) Les Flammes des Ténèbres
    Les Flammes des Ténèbres: Saints et Démons - Part I completed

Character WritAAR of the Week: 26/10/08, 10/04/09
    WritAAR of the Week: 04/01/09

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    At least this time they won't end up being communists if I have anything to say about it.
    yeah, i hope in your timeline the british government gives much more support to an independent and democratic poland than we did in real life.
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

Europa Universalis IV

Sorry for not replying until now, it somehow slipped my mind.

El Pip Thank you. But once again, these are only the Abwehr estimates, and they don't have any spies in the Empire that I know of. MI5 has been busy.

gaiasabre11 Thank you!

BritishImperial Given that I am at war with the Soviets and that there is no FDR to muck things up, the chances are very good.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 03/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Man Of Many Wiles Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent
    Hmmmmm, I think after the Final victory, there will be an "EU" firmly led by Britian, all nations democratic and free.
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    Hmmmmm, I think after the Final victory, there will be an "EU" firmly led by Britian, all nations democratic and free.
    No EU as such. If I win, then I would like to build an EEC ( European Economic Community ) type trading block, and the Allied Powers Treaty, TTL's NATO, of which the Primary members would be the British Empire, Germany and possibly France, as I am not sure the Frogs would willingly join any British-led organization. With this you prevent these utterly stupid EU regulations we are getting lately, and still get most of the benefits.

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

ah, i had forgotten you were fighting the soviets sorry.
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BritishImperial View Post
    ah, i had forgotten you were fighting the soviets sorry.
    No worries, mate. I'll soon put an alliance overview in an update.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Europa Universalis IV

Well, i meant a trading block rather than the bloated beaurocracy which passes for the EU. Still, it will be good to see Britian controlling... i mean advising the world. Does this mean British Moon Landings? *crosses fingers*

Europa Universalis IV

Well, i meant a trading block rather than the bloated beaurocracy which passes for the EU. Still, it will be good to see Britian controlling... i mean advising the world. Does this mean British Moon Landings? *crosses fingers*

Does this answer your question?

And the Empire does not control the Free World, it is simply leading it, as it is the "Wests" only Superpower, and that only be default, really.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post

Does this answer your question?

And the Empire does not control the Free World, it is simply leading it, as it is the "Wests" only Superpower, and that only be default, really.

Now that, Sir, is a beautiful sight!
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jones View Post
    I nicked it of alternatehistory.com a while back.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jones View Post
    Seconded!
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    Seconded!
    Good. If you look VERY closely, you can see the Dashwood nametag and the RAF wings on the spacesuit. I present you Daedalus, the British Empire's mission to the moon. ( Name will probably change ).

Europa Universalis IV

*faints in happiness" Do we also get to Mars earlier. Also I would suggest for Moon Landings the Merlin Program, with the Excalibur class launch vehicle and perhaps the lander can remain the Eagle. And for MArs how about the Empire Program, with Victoria and Churchill class vehicles?

Europa Universalis IV

*faints in happiness" Do we also get to Mars earlier. Also I would suggest for Moon Landings the Merlin Program, with the Excalibur class launch vehicle and perhaps the lander can remain the Eagle. And for MArs how about the Empire Program, with Victoria and Churchill class vehicles?
    I have calculated that with instant spending, and von Braun's know-how in the UK a reasonable launch date for the moon would be ~1963. As for the mars... dunno.

Europa Universalis IV

Heheheheh. The 1000 planets of the British empire descend upon you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 327 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 111 136 161 186 ... LastLast