• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bad news everyone. My Comp decided to crap out on me, and I lost the next update while I was at it. I managed to save the screenshots though, and maybe also the savegame, so it is just a temporary halt until I can get it fixed.

Sorry.

This always gets me mad, when it happens...

Eams said:
Some of us already know :p
And it's well worth waiting for!

how do you know? lucky bitch. :D

BritishImperial said:
how do you know? lucky bitch. :D
I figured it out and told trekaddict so in a PM.
And please refrain from calling me a bitch, or else I shall have no other choice but to send you visual imagery proving beyond any doubt that its physically impossible for me to be one (that is to say; pictures of my gentleman's vegetables, the family jewels, Rodney Long and the furry twins etc.) :p

trekaddict: :( I hope you manage to save the save game and go on with this spiffing AAR

Eams said:
I figured it out and told trekaddict so in a PM.
And please refrain from calling me a bitch, or else I shall have no other choice but to send you visual imagery proving beyond any doubt that its physically impossible for me to be one (that is to say; pictures of my gentleman's vegetables, the family jewels, Rodney Long and the furry twins etc.) :p

trekaddict: :( I hope you manage to save the save game and go on with this spiffing AAR

Luckily the savegame is relatively unimportant, as I have already finished playing the game upon which this AAR is based, and I managed to save the screenshots and my notes. I will zip and upload the screenshots to rapidshare and post the link here to archive. Dling it won't be of any use, the archive will be password protected. :D

As soon as my comp is fixed I will upload the next chapter which I will re-write the oldfashioned way, with pen and paper. Wish me luck that my Comp can be fixed soon. Meanwhile I will try and get my old backup com running so that I can at least keep up the service. Wish me luck on taht too. If I am super lucky I might even get the update done.

Turns out I have 500 megs of screenshots... :D

Ah well, backup on my USB-key and my dad's com from which I am posting ATM should be enough.

trekaddict said:
I will zip and upload the screenshots to rapidshare and post the link here to archive. Dling it won't be of any use, the archive will be password protected. :D
It's not "trekie12345" is it?
Best of luck to you then!

HA! I proudly announce that emergency service shall be resumed this evening. I hooked up my old comp, which works perfectly fine except that the soundcard is fried, so I should be able to post at least semi-regularly until my new comp is fixed. Hooray. Considering that my mom wanted me to throw this trusty warhorse away...

Phew....

A bit of nervousness here recently, panic and it turns out everything is just fine.

Now I wonder why this had to happen? Well, at least you have everything back and can be quick to continue.

TheEnlighted1 said:
A bit of nervousness here recently, panic and it turns out everything is just fine.

Now I wonder why this had to happen? Well, at least you have everything back and can be quick to continue.

I don't have everything back, what saved me was that I still had this old, slowass comp standing in a corner collecting dust. I kept it for just such an emergency and at least I can start writing again but without sound... If it takes longer than two or three days to fix my other comp I might be forced to fix the soundcard somehow.

What happened was that I made a beginners error, I downloaded a RAR file and opened it without checking it for viruses first and bang.

I sure hope that they can fix my comp and fast. This one is slow as hell.

trekaddict said:
I don't have everything back, what saved me was that I still had this old, slowass comp standing in a corner collecting dust. I kept it for just such an emergency and at least I can start writing again but without sound... If it takes longer than two or three days to fix my other comp I might be forced to fix the soundcard somehow.

What happened was that I made a beginners error, I downloaded a RAR file and opened it without checking it for viruses first and bang.

I sure hope that they can fix my comp and fast. This one is slow as hell.

I know we you're coming from. I had a problem like that before. Virus's are the worst things in a computer, I had one that was bad enough that I ended up just getting a new laptop. Well hopefully everything comes back well.

TheEnlighted1 said:
I know we you're coming from. I had a problem like that before. Virus's are the worst things in a computer, I had one that was bad enough that I ended up just getting a new laptop. Well hopefully everything comes back well.

It better be. Technically all I need is formatting my C:\ drive, but the virus fucked up so bad I couldn't do that.

The guys at the store better fix it, I still have warranty, so at least checking it out should be free.

Eech.. I loathe Virus.. I simply cannot comprehend that there are actually people out there, who makes those things and think it fun.. :mad:

Such people should have their *beep* cut off with a dull knife and then shoved down their, you know what I mean..

Come to think of it, all kind of hackers, whether virus-makers or not ought to get that treatment..

Doge Robert said:
Eech.. I loathe Virus.. I simply cannot comprehend that there are actually people out there, who makes those things and think it fun.. :mad:

Such people should have their *beep* cut off with a dull knife and then shoved down their, you know what I mean..

Come to think of it, all kind of hackers, whether virus-makers or not ought to get that treatment..

Some hackers do a valuable job when they attack systems because the owner wants to know how secure they are.

Still I agree.

i had a virus the other week, some crappy xp antivirus thing. cost me £40 to get rid of it because i couldnt be bothered to format. i'm a firm subscriber to the minor conspiracy theory that antivirus software companies pay people to make viruses. they just make me so angry.

and Eams: While i'm sure pictures of your meat and two veg would be delightful, i'll believe you :D and its probably against forum rules. however, you are wrong in your point. i am a man with all the necessary equipment, and yet i most certainly am a bitch.

BritishImperial said:
i had a virus the other week, some crappy xp antivirus thing. cost me £40 to get rid of it because i couldnt be bothered to format. i'm a firm subscriber to the minor conspiracy theory that antivirus software companies pay people to make viruses. they just make me so angry.

and Eams: While i'm sure pictures of your meat and two veg would be delightful, i'll believe you :D and its probably against forum rules. however, you are wrong in your point. i am a man with all the necessary equipment, and yet i most certainly am a bitch.

Could you PM me the Key you used? Because this is the exact same thing that happened to me. I simply lost my legitimate *cough* windows and can't reinstall....

I got hit with a virus two fridays ago. Reinstalling Windows was the only easy way to fix it.

BritishImperial: I respect your chosen way of life, and wish you all luck with it ;)

i'm not actually gay... i wont go into any details because these forums deal with gaming and not discussions on my sexuality... but when i said i was a bitch i meant i'm very bitchy rather than anything else. just thought i'd clarify :)

BritishImperial said:
i'm not actually gay... i wont go into any details because these forums deal with gaming and not discussions on my sexuality... but when i said i was a bitch i meant i'm very bitchy rather than anything else. just thought i'd clarify :)

Okayyy... We believe you. Now let's get back to business, shall we?

good plan.