+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 327 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 62 87 112 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher
    It doesn't matter how clean/safe hydrogen cars are: the masses think they can go BOOM! ala Hindenburg, so the politicians use them as a debate topic, which is stupid, since only by magically replacing all cars with hydrogen models right now can global warming be slowed enough to stop...and that won't happen.
    And presumably inventing some magic form of electricity to make all the hydrogen? And don't say renewables because they're really not reliable and so need 100% backup from proper power stations for when they can't be bothered to work.

Besides anyone who actually totally believes the climate change models has never done any computer modelling. Not denying the problem or that we should do something (saving money and resources is a good thing in any case), just that modelling a vast and complex system like planet wide climate is way beyond everyone else in every other field except climatology. Which you have to admit is slightly odd and somewhat suspicious.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Fall Barbarossa? I thought the Germans and Soviets are buddies in this AAR
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict
    Re Hydrogen Cars: I don't know enough to say this for sure, but methinks the dangers of this technology are vastly overblown.
    Vastly overblown...

I desperately hope that was intentional.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

El Pip Agrees. However in TTL they are slowly phasing them in, using Energy made avaiable by Dams in India, solar collectors in Africa and some good, old Powerplants (Nuclear and others) in the UK to produce the hydrogen.

And yes, it was intentional.

Winner I figured that even as 'friends' both the dictators would still plan to backstab the other at some point.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 03/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

It would really be hilarious, if the French joined the Berlin-Moscow-Tokyo Axis. Better to stick with continentals than the imperialist Brits. Being demoted to a mere appendix of a resurent British Empire, that would weight too much on the French ego French navy would join the Kriegsmarine and Regina Marina and the English could dream about another Trafalgar
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    It would really be hilarious, if the French joined the Berlin-Moscow-Tokyo Axis. Better to stick with continentals than the imperialist Brits. Being demoted to a mere appendix of a resurent British Empire, that would weight too much on the French ego French navy would join the Kriegsmarine and Regina Marina and the English could dream about another Trafalgar
    On that we will see something as soon as the war starts. They won't join the Axis though.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 03/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

On that we will see something as soon as the war starts. They won't join the Axis though.
    So what you've prepared for them - an armed neutrality? A proxy war in Africa?
    Last edited by Winner; 04-09-2008 at 10:16.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    So what you've prepared for them - an armed neutrality? A proxy war in in Africa?
    How does "They are French" explain what they did to you. at the French AI.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    At this pace I can see a German Oberst landing on Britain to kidnap the King, The Prime Minister and John Bull.
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner
    At this pace I can see a German Oberst landing on Britain to kidnap the King, The Prime Minister and John Bull.
    He will most certainly make an appearance, but he won't kidnap the PM, that's for sure. He might meet up with his 'evil twin' though.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wouldn't the alps have been more deeper south?`
    Or just some alemännische dorf.

So they wait for a bigger navy. I hate hoi2 navies. You invest in them for years, one battle and there might be nothing left.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald
    Wouldn't the alps have been more deeper south?`
    Or just some alemännische dorf.

So they wait for a bigger navy. I hate hoi2 navies. You invest in them for years, one battle and there might be nothing left.
    I love HOI2 navy. If you conserve them smartly for the first few years you can rule the seas with two or three 30 ship stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip
    And presumably inventing some magic form of electricity to make all the hydrogen? And don't say renewables because they're really not reliable and so need 100% backup from proper power stations for when they can't be bothered to work.

Besides anyone who actually totally believes the climate change models has never done any computer modelling. Not denying the problem or that we should do something (saving money and resources is a good thing in any case), just that modelling a vast and complex system like planet wide climate is way beyond everyone else in every other field except climatology. Which you have to admit is slightly odd and somewhat suspicious.
    The only real way to preclude polution of any form is through conservation efforts. Either reduce consumption, or accept that whatever the means of creating the energy that you use, it has caused some form of polution somewhere. BTW, does anyone know where Ford is at with their promise of a hydrogen fuelled car in production by 2010? I presume it is not on track given the fall of Ballard stock. (Ballard is Ford's partner in the development.)

trekaddict, who did you have in mind as a tech team for inventing your hydrogen car?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=330098

One Royal Navy Fancookie from trekaddict.

Europa Universalis IV

Would to game go past 1964 it would be either Aston Martin or Mercedes Benz.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

Prussians? No dear Sir, them ruddy prussians aren't welcomre around here. I.e. I live a bit west of Bavaria, if you know what I mean. You know.... the area where the Car was invented. In fact Benz and Maybach first met in a workshop around 2km from where I am sitting right now.
    Ah then welcome fellow Southerner! Baden-Wurttemberger, Stuttgart right?
    As you now I'm a little bit touchie about them (northern) jippies of Bavaria, there only jealous of us !

Edit: I'm half Northern btw!

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Zauberfloete
    Ah then welcome fellow Southerner! Baden-Wurttemberger, Stuttgart right?
    As you now I'm a little bit touchie about them (northern) jippies of Bavaria, there only jealous of us !

Edit: I'm half Northern btw!
    Actually 40 Kms south of Stuttgart.

Europa Universalis IV

Bump, and to say that the next update is about 60% done.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Finally got myself nice and caught up. The updates were very good and I enjoyed the whole Imperial Conference(taking a peek at Hitler's reaction to recent events was nice too).

One thing though: As I was reading, I kept thinking to myself, "Surely Pinie will be completely explained by the time I catch myself up. I am, after all, ten pages behind." When will we know the whole truth? WHEN?
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

60% complete, well I guess I'll have to wait patiently for the rest of the 40% to be completed then won't I?

So I'll be waiting to read the next update. And I'm now fully caught up with this AAR.
    *Celebrates*
    "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer."
    Chief of Staff of Inner Circle's Liberia
    WritAAR of the Week: 31/08/08 & Character WritAAR of the Week: 19/10/08
    The Shattered Eagle: A German Gotterdammerung Story x 1 writAAR of the week for Saving Germany
    The Sicilian: An Italian Mafia AAR x 1 Character WritAAR of the week

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hardraade
    One thing though: As I was reading, I kept thinking to myself, "Surely Pinie will be completely explained by the time I catch myself up. I am, after all, ten pages behind." When will we know the whole truth? WHEN?
    Some of us already know
    And it's well worth waiting for!
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 327 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 62 87 112 137 ... LastLast