• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reutlingen to be exact. Small-ish town about an hour south of where the Mercs are built.

You mean that glorious invention that worked perfectly? :D

ColossusCrusher said:

Indeed. :D

ColossusCrusher said:

It worked as a charm ! No breaking through the line. of course, some unsportmanslike nations attacked where the line was nonexistent. What can I say ? There's no civilizing certain people, even when they brew good beer and make good deli meat. And to think we are close related ! Oh, the humanity....

Atlantic Friend said:
It worked as a charm ! No breaking through the line. of course, some unsportmanslike nations attacked where the line was nonexistent. What can I say ? There's no civilizing certain people, even when they brew good beer and make good deli meat. And to think we are close related ! Oh, the humanity....

That's war my friend. :D

Atlantic Friend said:
*In my best British voice*

"Tell those brutes I won't put up with their unsportsmanslike behavior one minute more !"
Jolly good old Boy, I shall do so!

The reason the Britons have survived, good sir, is because of our superior fortitude, tenacity and the ability to drink tea regardless of the circumstances, don'cha'know. :p

P.S. Well done on the AAR trekaddict, 'tis very good and I am enjoying working my way through it.

Atlantic Friend said:
Damn you, Britannia, damn you and your devious tea-drinking ways ! :D
And ze Panzers for not being able to schwim ze forty Kilometers to England! *looses monocle in anger*

BritishImperial said:
reutlingen... reutlingen... *google earth finally loads* HAH there you are. looks nice actually. though somehow they made my town vaguely presentable too. i especially like the grinning idiot in the narrowest street in the world - is that you? :D

on another note, since we're celebrating the royal navy...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080828/tuk-sailors-test-positive-for-cocaine-6323e80.html

Nope. My street is in the south-west part.

As for the article: There's a black sheep in every service. ( or eighteen )

To quote my favourite band: "We won't get fooled again!"

i'm probably looking at your house right now... creepy no? To quote a band i also like 'I can see for miles!'

i just thought it was funny, all our sailors getting high together. though that thing saying about 12% of civilian drug tests are positive? sounds a but high. my old physics teacher used to try to scare us by saying half of drivers on the road are stoned. ...ok

BritishImperial said:
i'm probably looking at your house right now... creepy no? To quote a band i also like 'I can see for miles!'

i just thought it was funny, all our sailors getting high together. though that thing saying about 12% of civilian drug tests are positive? sounds a but high. my old physics teacher used to try to scare us by saying half of drivers on the road are stoned. ...ok

:D

Not kreepy at all, as I didn't give you the full adress.

But you are right, I heard similar stuff too.

And btw, having a hot cup of coffee with The Who from the speakers is a pleasant way to start a day.

Last edited:
substitute coffee for tea and you are exactly right ;) if my brother wasnt asleep next door i'd take your advice right now.

i used to have to get up at 5.15 for work... guess what i used as my alarm :D good times.

edit:for a minute there it looked like you were saying you just had a cup of coffee with The Who. i was about to throw up in astonishment and envy.

BritishImperial said:
substitute coffee for tea and you are exactly right ;) if my brother wasnt asleep next door i'd take your advice right now.

i used to have to get up at 5.15 for work... guess what i used as my alarm :D good times.

edit:for a minute there it looked like you were saying you just had a cup of coffee with The Who. i was about to throw up in astonishment and envy.

Us continentals prefer Coffee and for the rest there are always headphones.

:D

To your edit: That would have been incredibly cool indeed.

would have been better 30 years ago. they're a little bit old and drug addled now, i understand.

BritishImperial said:
would have been better 30 years ago. they're a little bit old and drug addled now, i understand.
To be fair, Keith Moon was the worst of the lot; overdosing on rhinoceros tranquilizers and what have you.

trekaddict: does this mean that instead of a picture of a battleship in your next update you'll treat us to a few pictures of Lily?