• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Incidentally, Trek, I'm still wondering when that "coolest Hearts of Iron 2 Armageddon Screenshot ever. Period." that you mention in your Inkwell is going to show up.

It has already. It was the shot of the Hoods "Sunk by this unit" list. Bismarck was on it. :D

Dear Soviet Command,

Please see previous statement made by commanders of your "Allies" in Germany regarding the usage of Australians and New Zealanders in regards of the capturing and defending of captured territory, in Hell.

Then please regard the current security arrangements of the Vimy Ridge memorial as well as the battle itself with regards to Canadians.

Yours Sincerely,

The Department of the Bleeding Obvious,
The Ministry of Common-Sense.

Well, they had to attack somewhere, and they figured they might as well knock out the most potent Allied formations and the crush the Romanian peasants at leisure....

Yes but this is still the ANZAC's and the Canucks were talking about here.

I'm fairly certain that if Rule 1 in the book of war is "Don't invade Russia during winter" then Rules 2 and 3 cover not fighting the Canucks and ANZAC's with anything short of nuclear weaponry.

And even then you might not win.

I'm fairly certain that if Rule 1 in the book of war is "Don't invade Russia during winter" then Rules 2 and 3 cover not fighting the Canucks and ANZAC's with anything short of nuclear weaponry.

I'm pretty sure that they aren't that good, but yeah, they are the best Commonwealth troops out there.

You drop the atom bomb, and as it's falling it suddenly anthropomorphizes a face and goes "Oh hell no!" and flees the scene.

Am I imagining things, or did you put a We Were Soldiers reference in there, Trek? :)

Yup. My favourite scene of those that don't have the glorious UH-1 in it. (I'm a great fan of the Huey series.)

As for the VC: Maybe, maybe not.

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me...

Now i've read the entire aar again and all the sidestories on your blog, took me a while but it was time very well spent, it's a really interesting universe you have created Trek :D

Question for Trek: I was thinking of drawing something based on the AAO-verse (I'm not telling what!), but I need to know what model of fighter the American Peoples' Air Force is using.

matlef Thank you.

ViperhawkZ
There are, for obvious reasons, no Mustangs to be had. So, they are flying as of right now a mix of (using OTL designations) P-40Q and P-38 Lightnings, with the first few P-47s entering service as fighter-bombers.

Now, I could see the P-40 being developed into something along the lines of the XP-46 or the XP-60...

Hi Trek can you PM me on AH.com about whatever ideas you may have for TTL's Hong Kong in 2011/12? I'm taking a scriptwriting class now and I might write something that took place in this universe. :p

Oh, and FWIW, Happy Lunar New Year to all y'all! :D

Marc A

Give me an hour or two to consult my notes, think of anything I may have missed and type something up. Oh and if you write a script you are free to do what you want with it, so long as you give me credit and send me a copy. :)

Not an update but rather a sign I haven't forgotten you guys.

Two Toronto Maple Leafs fans died and were sent to Hell.

Shortly after their arrival, Satan noticed that they weren't screaming in torment, but seemed quite comfortable. So he turned up the heat.

Still no moans or screams. The two seemed quite happy. So the heat went up again.

This still didn't work. So Satan went over and politely asked the two why they were so happy. they replied that this was like a warms summer day in T.O., though without the tormenting humidity.

Since Hell is sort of dry, Satan couldn't make the place all that humid, but he did have another idea. He turned the heat off. Within a short period of time, Hell froze over, becoming colder and darker than the worst Canadian Winter imaginable.

Though all the other denizens of Hell had fallen silent, mostly out of astonishment, the two from Toronto were howling and screaming! With a smug look on his face Satan wandered over to where the two were. As he grew close, his grin vanished, as the two weren't howling in, but instead the were dancing and cheering.

Their cry was simple yet joyful: The Leafs Have Won The Cup! The Leafs Have Won The Cup!