• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
trekaddict

Interesting that this time the seeds of the alliance come from small powers looking for security rather than the combined aims of a super-power and a number of medium sized ones.

A couple of points:

a) Small but funny typo. "and the singing ceremony at Ditchley House in Oxfordshire". Does this TL really need a Eurovision Song Contest?:p

b) My eyes are definitely getting worse. I was wondering why the alliance badge referred to 1913 then I realised one of the I's was a L!:eek:o

c) On the Polish caution about getting dragged into "any Colonial conflicts that all of the founding members but themselves might eventually have" where is this Irish colonial empire? ;). I also notice the implicit view that European territories can't be colonies.

Anyway, good update and insight into the post-war world.

Steve

Kurt_Steiner Aside from the ground Forces that IOTL went to North Africa they have only a handful of Squadrons overseas.

stevep a) Shall be corrected. I shouldn't be writing with the kind of headache I have right now.

b) I wouldn't be surprised, I used an online translator for that.

c) Will be corrected. Well, territories inside Europe can't be had of course. Remember also that the Author is a Briton from the early 1990s ITTL, and to his mind by 1942 Colonies were something only the other countries had, not the British Empire.

Honestly I'm surprised any effort has been made to bring France into an Alliance. The best you can hope for is for them to be net neutral, more likely the French will just be a negative; causing more problems than they solve.

Had it been me I would have kicked the issue into the future and then done a deal in the immediate post-war glow without the French. If nothing else I hope no-one has done anything silly like make the alliance bi-lingual, why waste time learning any more French than 'Do you surrender'? :D

trekaddict;9268587Belgium was only invented so that Britain and Germany would have somwhere to sort out their differences. QUOTE said:
we have enough trouble sorting out our own differences, thank you very much:D

edit: this just to let you know I'm gaining on you. case Yellow just started and let me say it was the most entertaining phoney war I've ever read about.

how did we end up with a different prince of wales? did something happen to the greek royals or is this just a butterfly?
As I recall it's just a butterfly, with Mounbatten off running the intelligence services TTL he was too busy to start fixing up royal marriages.

El Pip Well, the French navy and the French bases are needed in the Atlantic against the U-Boats and someone has to keep Rommel busy in the west while the rest of the Pact gets on with the war.

Also, the Poles fear (without reason ITTL) that they are going to be left to their own devices once the war is over and that's why they pushed for it like this.

misterbean I am aware of that, I was merely quoting the IMO best ever Top Gear Episode. It even has Spitfires in it!

And thanks.

Deathsheadx
Well, Greece hasn't entered the war and doesn't look like they are going to anytime soon, so yes, it's a butterfly since Princess Elizabeth has never met and will never meet the future Prince Phillip, thus resulting in an alternate Royal Family.

As I recall it's just a butterfly, with Mounbatten off running the intelligence services TTL he was too busy to start fixing up royal marriages.

You slipped in, and yes. :D Mountbatten merely runs the Special Operations Executive though. :)

Deathsheadx
Well, Greece hasn't entered the war and doesn't look like they are going to anytime soon, so yes, it's a butterfly since Princess Elizabeth has never met and will never meet the future Prince Phillip, thus resulting in an alternate Royal Family.

for some reason this makes me happy.:D

and now you have me wondering what the royal family in this timeline would be like.;)

Well, the next Queen will also have a II behind her name...... I am saying to more than that.

blsteen
Which is the idea.

I think a second Victorian Era is incoming.

RULE BRITANNIA!

I wasn't going to reveal that part until a few dozen updates down the line (where The Princess meets her future Husband once I have figured that part out) but yes, there will be a Queen Victoria II. :D

a dumb question

it may well be, but it has been bugging me. How do you build Ghurka paratroopers in-game? I thought they were mountaineers? or is that just RP?

That's just RP, since the game doesn't go below Division in scale I have a lot of wiggle room with Brigades and Regiments.

damn:D
thought I could learn something new

damn:D
thought I could learn something new

True. But being able to buld the Sailsbury Highlanders, soon to be also known as "Royal Highland Regiment of Rhodesia" would be awesome indeed. In any case:

Up next: Gurkha Mountaineers vs Waffen SS!

My money is on the Gurkhas for some reason....

Wait, I joined in 07 like trek, and yet he has 6000 more posts than me!