+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 329 FirstFirst ... 96 121 146 171 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 221 246 271 296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 6576

Thread: Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Kill him. All Paradox will testify it was in self-defence.

"Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (13) [Actualizado 13/12/2014]

200k club

If it's being OC about being clean, he DOES need to get help.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

I see why your keen I read the last update, hell of a twist there that I didn't even suspect.

Your brother somewhat reminds me of an old flatmate I had. After a Friday night out drinking we'd leave the kitchen in a mess than go to bed promising (drunkenly) to sort it tomorrow. Said flatmate would be up before the rest of us, tidy everything, clean the entire flat and then shout at us for not tidying it despite the fact we were asleep. Then the exact same thing would happen Saturday night/Sunday morning. Then next week and indeed every week unless we didn't go out one night.

I wouldn't have minded but when he did the washing up he never finished with the same number of frying pans as when he started. What he did with them I have no idea, but after a month there wasn't a single pan left in the flat.

Your problem does sound somewhat more serious so I hope your family can find a more cunning solution than my 'move out' plan.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Thank you for your support. The plot twist was something I was planning to do for a loooong time though, and I am glad to see I fooled everyone.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I wasn't very surprised.
    Comes with reading comic books, I guess.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    I wasn't very surprised.
    Comes with reading comic books, I guess.
    I've seen these far too often to be surprised by a twist like that.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -

Europa Universalis IV

Rejoice ye of faith, there is a new AAO-related siude project which you won't fully see for some time but a small bit of which I shall post right here to give you an Idea what it is all about.

"The desicion by HM the Queen to bestow her oldest child, Victoria, with the title 'Princess of Wales' can be in large parts attributed to two things:

Firstly that this step had beeen considered for her self under her father before World War Two, and secondly because the first male child was not burn until two years after this step had been made. The fact that a female was made Heir Apparent instead of Heir Presumptive as the Queen herself would have been is nothing short of groundbreaking and almost revolutionary if one sees all in the context of the 1950s and takes into consideration the convulsions, changes and shifts the British Empire was going through at the time. The Monarchy was ( and is ) seen as a pillar of stability in the system that binds the different people of the Empire together, and it is understandable why the Prime Minister and the Cabinet....."

Excerpt from the Phd of an unknown student of Modern History who has a nickname beginning with tre in both the AAO-verse and our own.

For the record I don't really study history, but I would love to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    Excerpt from the Phd of an unknown student of Modern History who has a nickname beginning with tre in both the AAO-verse and our own.
    Treville?

I though he was a mosketeer?!?!?!

Damned Frenchie...

"Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (13) [Actualizado 13/12/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_steiner View Post
    treville?

Damned frenchie...

:d:d:d:d

Not him. And if you ever call me a Frenchman again, the ghost of Bismarck shall descend upon you.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

What's he going to do, unify on me?
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    What's he going to do, unify on me?

200k club

trespoe? I thought he was only a Werewolf player.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Blog Entries

Not him. And if you ever call me a Frenchman again, the ghost of Bismarck shall descend upon you.
    Mmmmh...

The BB or the Chancellor?

I was refering to Treville, of course. I wouldn't use such a bad name -hi, gaiasabre11 - with a dear friend

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Mmmmh...

The BB or the Chancellor?

I was refering to Treville, of course. I wouldn't use such a bad name -hi, gaiasabre11 - with a dear friend
    The Chancellor of course.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

The Chancellor of course.
    Really? I'd have thought having a large battleship descend on your head would be worse.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    Really? I'd have thought having a large battleship descend on your head would be worse.
    Me too. Perhaps the pickelhaube makes the difference.

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !" Atlantic Friend's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

At my favorite pub, swirling AAR ideas around...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Treville?

He must have meant Alec Trebec, so we'll get plenty of asinine SeanConneriness, starting with "The Pen is Mightier".

And well, Ol' Bismuth's ghost and I discussed it at great length and agreed that our resident Trekkie has to be French somehow, if only because the lady doth protest too much wethinks.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Friend View Post
    He must have meant Alec Trebec, so we'll get plenty of asinine SeanConneriness, starting with "The Pen is Mightier".

And well, Ol' Bismuth's ghost and I discussed it at great length and agreed that our resident Trekkie has to be French somehow, if only because the lady doth protest too much wethinks.
    I was meaning myself, or rather my TTL self.

As for being French, if this were the 19th century I would call you out, because my family can trace its roots in this town back four-hundred years.

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !" Atlantic Friend's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

At my favorite pub, swirling AAR ideas around...
    As for being French, if this were the 19th century I would call you out, because my family can trace its roots in this town back four-hundred years.
    Bah, in the end I'm pretty sure we could trace your family roots back to Charlemagne and the Frankish tribes, making us fellow countrymen!

Will Monsieur like a little Brie on his crusty baguette?

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Friend View Post
    Bah, in the end I'm pretty sure we could trace your family roots back to Charlemagne and the Frankish tribes, making us fellow countrymen!

Will Monsieur like a little Brie on his crusty baguette?
    Yes actually. There are worse kinds of cheese to eat.

+ Reply to Thread