+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 329 FirstFirst ... 80 105 130 155 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 205 230 255 280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 6580

Thread: Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

In Jamacia it is obvious that the Canadian representative, St.Pierre, is a traitor who is using American supplied muscle to try and steal Imperial secrets.

Meanwhile excellent work in Italy, good work in consolidating the beach-head. Though I worry that capturing the isolated south may take too long and allow the Axis to recover, consolidate and hold the line to the north. Speed is off the essence, even if it means Alexander taking more risks.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Well, poor Rommel... Maybe we can get him to defect? Or at least lead a new germany, under the Brits watchful eye of course....
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

i feel bad for rommel..he has to face the full might of the brits. and i agree wit El Pip about jamaica. maybe america plans to invade canada when the the brits are occupied with the axis since japan has delayed pearl harbor

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

ColossusCrusher Hehe. I have this long-time dream of a pompous military parade with all three present being visited by some mossies...

El Pip That's an inspired idea, good Sir!

As for Italy, I am moving as fast as the game allows me. With luck we get to see the resolution of this before Thursday.

Lord Strange I have plans for him.... *evil grin*
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Europa Universalis IV

Three more things just occured to me: a) Who would the community suggest as a replacement for Ironside? b) bear in mind Winston and the Admiralty are pressing Alexander to take Sicily. c) It will be far from a one-sided campaign.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

what's Monty doing at this point in time? Or is he completely off limits?

As for the action, I loved it dearly.. Especially since you've gone the way I usually prefer when playing Allied. the fun thing is really, that it's a gamble:
    Go too fast and you get overstretched, too slow and it bogs down. and that is the true danger really. I once had more than a hundred divisions locked in Italy against an even greater number of Axis troops.. More or less my entire army at that time. European army that is.

Problem was that they defended every single (input several swearwords) beach with 6+ divisions, so I couldn't get around them.. In the end I had to construct a para-corps of 24 divs (same number of planes, Jeez it's expensive!!), to cut off the enemy and while blocking the harbors they controlled, I managed to annihalate them.. Great fun though..
    HOI2 AARs:

The Third Reich ~ Last Updated: October 29th, 2009 Twice!! (Ongoing) (SMEP 6.0 Mod) ~ Character Writer of the Week: 17//09/09 & 18/10/09
    Imperial Russia ~ (On Hold) (Kaiserreich Mod)

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    I would suggest Monty, too, or general Wilson, as he might be quite experienced on such matters.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (16) [Actualizado 20/12/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

Well, Monty is commanding a Garrisson force in India. As for the paras, that is the very reason why I launched the attack where I did.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

India?!? What on Earth is he doing in India??!!

Besides, Monty vs. Rommel.. It's a Classic..
    HOI2 AARs:

The Third Reich ~ Last Updated: October 29th, 2009 Twice!! (Ongoing) (SMEP 6.0 Mod) ~ Character Writer of the Week: 17//09/09 & 18/10/09
    Imperial Russia ~ (On Hold) (Kaiserreich Mod)

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Robert View Post
    India?!? What on Earth is he doing in India??!!

Besides, Monty vs. Rommel.. It's a Classic..
    I'm not a big fan of Monty. His way of making war is always somewhat static in my opinion and don't forget that the whole "Bridge too far" thing was his fault.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Monty. His way of making war is always somewhat static in my opinion and don't forget that the whole "Bridge too far" thing was his fault.
    My Great Grandad didn't like him at all, apparently they were all made to cheer by the Officers when he pulled up in jeeps and the like..
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Europa Universalis IV

Exactly. And for that reason I am pushing Officers like Alexander and Slim.

i prefer rommel vs. alexander. a new classic..

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by English Patriot View Post
    My Great Grandad didn't like him at all, apparently they were all made to cheer by the Officers when he pulled up in jeeps and the like..
    Come to think of it, what unit was your Great Grandad in?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, what unit was your Great Grandad in?
    1st Battalion Scots Guards IIRC
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Europa Universalis IV

Righto. Thanks.

Europa Universalis IV

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

And that is why, when become I PM, I am turning the commonwealth into a full blown military alliance, a united system of countries with a common background laws and language, ready to take on the world..... *daydreams*
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

Marshal of the Empire BritishImperial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by English Patriot View Post
    i don't want to get into an argument about monty, because i have before and it wasnt fun, but the way i understood it was that despite his faults, one of his greatest qualities lay in bolstering the morale of the men.

and i may have missed something, but why does ironside need to be replaced?
    Whistle while you work, Hitler is a berk...

writAAr of the week, 5th May 2008
    Fan of the week, 24th December 2008, 8th March 2009
    Proud owner of a Loyal ReadAAR cookie from Trekaddict in 'Against All Odds'

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BritishImperial View Post
    i don't want to get into an argument about monty, because i have before and it wasnt fun, but the way i understood it was that despite his faults, one of his greatest qualities lay in bolstering the morale of the men.

and i may have missed something, but why does ironside need to be replaced?
    He is due to retire.

+ Reply to Thread