• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Strange Probably not. But I want Washington to be a mix between the Washington we know and Moscow as it was in the late 70s, only slightly less drab. The Germans were trying to bomb factories near Coventry.

Le Jones TWO! Strict RT procedures will be observed at all times.... ( if I remember correctly from the last time I watched, meaning yesterday. ) Thank you, thank you about the tension. I was honestly worried about that.

Booooo! Stop Bombing the Midlands. I want to live there in this timeline! (Yes I am a Brummie)

Booooo! Stop Bombing the Midlands. I want to live there in this timeline! (Yes I am a Brummie)

Well... the Germans did cancel all raids through the North Sea for the moment. That's all I can do.

There is something about underground railways that appeals to those on the left. Quite aside from the Moscow metro, Herbert Morrison was overseeing the 'New Works Programme' for the London Underground and then of course there's the Ipswich Underground funded by Stalin.

Thus I approve of the Washington Subway, it's exactly what Communist would do, force everyone onto trains for the good of equality amongst the populace! Though I'm sure the Central Committee will force themselves to suffer in cars, for the good of the people naturally. :D

However I'm worried by SIS/MI6s station naming strategy, what happens when you need spies in two countries with the same name? Say Germany and Greece? They can't both be Station G, it would just be confusing. I think someone had a bit too much port at their club before thinking of that scheme. ;)

El Pip It's indeed something the communists would do, so that's why I did it. Anyhow for the station naming, there is always the name of the country added in brackets. It's not really meant to keep the name of the station secret, it's more something to enhance the whole cloak & dagger aura the SIS has. :D

Bah, they didn't have so many Redcoats to burn ir down back in 1812!

Seriously. I have no reserves at all. After the uprising is done with you shall see just how thin the Empire is spread right now. If the Japanese were to attack right now it would be goodbye India.

I know undergrounds are a leftie thing, but how about post war giving Birmingham one...... (as well a decent highspeed rail network. We'll eventually get one..... in 20-bloody-25!)

It's very cool to see how washington has been changed by the communist government. also very sweet to see the RAF doing what they do best, i had the luck to stumble across Battle of Britain on TV the other day and watch it for only the second time. bloody good film, as you say.

I know undergrounds are a leftie thing, but how about post war giving Birmingham one...... (as well a decent highspeed rail network. We'll eventually get one..... in 20-bloody-25!)

what need for an underground network when you have your magnificent one-way system? oh... right.

Well, I am a fan of conventional tram systems. For example my hometown had one until the 70s until it was axed in favour of Busses.... :mad:

Anyhoo, while overall Britain will act with common sense in the approach to religion and all that, we are still talking about politicians. Expect so... a lot of silliness. And yes, Battle of Britain is my favourite ever film for a reason.

Because undergrounds are horrifically expensive? I work in tunnels so trust me on this. Even with relatively cheap labour, no H&S/planning/NIMBYs/etc unless the population density is high and there are plenty of journeys it's just not going to work. And post war Birmingham has neither the population density nor the route distribution so it would be a very large money pit, sorry about that.

And if High Speed Two actually happens in anything like the NR proposal I will buy a hat and then eat it. :D

And if High Speed Two actually happens in anything like the NR proposal I will buy a hat and then eat it. :D

You have obviously not heard of "Stuttgart 21", because we'd be two people eating hats. Mind you, as much as Stuttgart needs the project as the current station is a railhead which just won't do any longer, it will never be on time, on cost or anything like that.

Visualisation-of-Stuttgart-Central-.jpg

You have obviously not heard of "Stuttgart 21", because we'd be two people eating hats. Mind you, as much as Stuttgart needs the project as the current station is a railhead which just won't do any longer, it will never be on time, on cost or anything like that.
Remember Cologne!