• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about SMGs? I hope your not gonna use the bloody Sten, especially not the Mk2...
Rifle is obviously the Lee-Enfield, right? :D

How about SMGs? I hope your not gonna use the bloody Sten, especially not the Mk2...
Rifle is obviously the Lee-Enfield, right? :D

As a matter of fact, the Sten is already in service and for the same reasons as in OTL, and the Rifle is indeed the Lee-Enfield.

As a matter of fact, the Sten is already in service and for the same reasons as in OTL, and the Rifle is indeed the Lee-Enfield.

Since we are talking about guns here, trekaddict, you should also read this. A very interesting British weapon that appeared in the early 50's. ;)

What about the Lanchester or, to borrow from Australia, the Owen? The latter being a great weapon. Its so easy, even girls can use it.
joenods8fpyw6.gif

awaswithowenguns.jpg

Of course the War Office would be spewing at the idea of sending armed girls off to face the Germans!

gaiasabre11 This one is dead because it is a bullpup design, which I hate, and anyway, the Brits will hold on to the .303 for now, eventually developing a rimless version for the SLR, which [censored due to Official Secrets Act 1939 ].

Sir Humphrey Worth a thought. I have to think about this mate, thanks for bringing this to my attention. :)

gaiasabre11 This one is dead because it is a bullpup design, which I hate, and anyway, the Brits will hold on to the .303 for now, eventually developing a rimless version for the SLR, which [censored due to Official Secrets Act 1939 ].

Do I have to remind you that the current British standard rifle is also a Bullpop? (not to mention the totally awesome FAMAS. :p)

Do I have to remind you that the current British standard rifle is also a Bullpop? (not to mention the totally awesome FAMAS. :p)

Yes. And I hate both of them for that very reason. I already have something in mind for that, but I can't tell you. Spoilers you know, and there are these gentlemen from MI5....

At this pace I'll see the Royal Marines using an own-British version of the M63 Stoner...

Yes. And I hate both of them for that very reason. I already have something in mind for that, but I can't tell you. Spoilers you know, and there are these gentlemen from MI5....

Not trying to be offensive, but trek I do think that you are either possessed with "conventional" rifles, or that you don't know much about bullpops. :( I do agree that conventional rifles like G36, FN SCAR, HK 416 and the kind are awesome, but bullpops offer a lot of advantages over conventionals. Aside from FAMAS, there are good examples like AUG, Tavor, FN 2000 and more. :cool:

Not trying to be offensive, but trek I do think that you are either possessed with "conventional" rifles, or that you don't know much about bullpops. :( I do agree that conventional rifles like G36, FN SCAR, HK 416 and the kind are awesome, but bullpops offer a lot of advantages over conventionals. Aside from FAMAS, there are good examples like AUG, Tavor, FN 2000 and more. :cool:

I freely admit it's personal preference and the fact that the G-36 is so awesome. :)

I freely admit it's personal preference and the fact that the G-36 is so awesome. :)

Very true. ;) But we're only talking about assault rifles here. Check this out. :D

I checked that out already. (You think I didn't? :p) Look at its stats and you'll know that it's not only bulkier and heavier, but also holds 5 less rounds in its magazine compared to the Barrett. The barrel length of the Barrett is not known, but a good guess is that it is on par with the AS 50. :p

i personally dont know anything about which rifle is best, but i agree with trek that bullpup is awful for the simple reason that i think they all look ridiculous.

I checked that out already. (You think I didn't? :p) Look at its stats and you'll know that it's not only bulkier and heavier, but also holds 5 less rounds in its magazine compared to the Barrett. The barrel length of the Barrett is not known, but a good guess is that it is on par with the AS 50. :p

It is in Far Cry 2. In there it was my favourite gun.

i personally dont know anything about which rifle is best, but i agree with trek that bullpup is awful for the simple reason that i think they all look ridiculous.

Well, well, I should also say that if an rifle is not French then it's not as awesome as one would like it to be. :p

I wonder, that if you adopt the SLR (L1A1), will you adopt the short version, which we Aussies modified in Vietnam and named it "the bitch". They had shorter, thicker barrels, full auto and a 40mm 'nad launcher (and no bi-pod. Which must have given it one hell of a kick back!)
jaby2.gif

I wonder, that if you adopt the SLR (L1A1), will you adopt the short version, which we Aussies modified in Vietnam and named it "the bitch". They had shorter, thicker barrels, full auto and a 40mm 'nad launcher (and no bi-pod. Which must have given it one hell of a kick back!)
jaby2.gif

Dunno. It's not exactly a priority. What's sure however is that I will prevent the SA-80.

After following your AAR silently for a while now, I finally managed to reactivate my Account, 'against all odds';), in order to reply. I must say this is an amazing AAR and I especially love the Idea of a modern British Empire as a western Superpower. I hope you have planned something special for postwar Germany. :)

Again, very good work and I hope you keep it up. Of course I will follow this furthermore.